SEVEN

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

SEVEN. Best Friend, Best listener


 

It was the end of the school day. Hongbin had extra classes and he had left for them, and Jieun left after they had their long dinner, which leaves Jiyeon alone. She went to the school park and took a seat at the park. She looked up at the sky, it was filled with less stars tonight. Compared to last friday with Hongbin, there were plenty of stars in the night sky, but tonight seemed too pathetic.

Jiyeon heaved a sigh and then she heard sniffs and cries near her. She looked around aimlessly to see Myungsoo sitting on the bench behind her, with his head ducked in his knees and he was quietly sniffing. 

Jiyeon stood up and walked over to Myungsoo's bench. She felt the need to, even though they were not much in talking terms and they were just so awkward with each other around. "Myungsoo..." She quietly called out his name.

Myungsoo immediately wiped the tears off him and looked up at her, while trying to regain his normal posture. "Uh, yeah?" He said.

"Are you alright?" Jiyeon asked curiously and worriedly.

Myungsoo looked at her and nodded. "Yeah I am alright. I just did badly for the test earlier on, It's really alright. I can't cry over spilled milk. Once my music , it really ." Myungsoo said, trying to come up with a lie that could turn Jiyeon away from what he really cried for.

Luckily, Jiyeon bought his lie. Jiyeon nodded her head. "Alright, don't get too.. um.. s..sad." Jiyeon said nervously. 

The atmosphere is getting more tense and awkward and Myungsoo clenched his fists as he restrained himself from doing any compulsive actions to her. He missed her, and he missed her a lot. He want her back with him, he want the days where they would cuddle with each other, kiss each other's lips, smell each other's fragrance and just lay around cuddling and enjoying the time together. 

He missed everything about her. Her voice, her eyes, her sleeping posture and her graceful sleeping look, her outfits. However things have changed as she looked no longer like the Park Jiyeon years ago. Could it be the change due to their break-up, Myungsoo could not care less, nevertheless she still looked amazing in whatever style she wore.

Myungsoo shook his head. "I better go back to studio, the guys are worried as hell." Myungsoo mumbled quickly in strings of words which Jiyeon could not have the second to reply as Myungsoo hurriedly ran away.

Jiyeon looked down at the empty bench and sat down. She felt a tinge of sadness in her heart, maybe seeing Myungsoo sad and crying makes her sad too. It happened when they are dating, and the feeling is still here now. 

Suddenly she felt hands covering her eyes from the back. "Yah, Lee Jieun don't play!" She cried.

"Wow, I didn't know my hands looked like a girl's hand." Hongbin said as Jiyeon widened her eyes and gasped. She immediately turned around to see Hongbin standing infront of her, in different clothes.

"Oh god, why are you here? Did you just came here?" Jiyeon asked, with a tinge of nervousness.

"Yeah, I ran to you when I saw you sitting on the bench alone!" Hongbin said.

Jiyeon then looked at his outfit. "Where's the denim jacket I bought for you and you wore it earlier today?" She asked.

"Well, I sort of sweat a lot just now, so I brought some spare clothes and changed them as not to dirty that precious denim jacket my love bought for me." Hongbin explained as Jiyeon blushed in response.

"C'mon, let me send you home." Hongbin said. 

 

They went to Jiyeon's home. Once they walked to Jiyeon's home doorstep, Hongbin removed his hands from hers and hugged her tightly. "Enjoy your gift." He whispered to her ears.

Jiyeon pulled away from the hug and looked at him in doubt. "W...What gift?" She asked curiously.

"The gift from me. Of me." Hongbin said.

"What?" Jiyeon asked as she was astonished by the 'gift' Hongbin had said.

"Nevermind about that, just go home and you'll see." Hongbin said.

Jiyeon grew nervous and excited. "So... the gift is inside my house? But how do you get in?" Jiyeon asked.

"Oh Park Jiyeon~ You asked too much questions. All you need to do is go in and to enjoy the gift I got for you. I need to go now so you will see your gift. See you tomorrow babe." Hongbin said and pecked her cheeks and waved at her goodbye and left.

Jiyeon stood there stunned and puzzled for words. She could barely call for his name to see Hongbin vanished from her sight. She sighed and looked at her house that was standing right infront of her. She was looking forward for the gift, Hongbin had gotten for her.

She walked up to her room after greeting her parents and talking to her parents boringly, as topics with them are mostly about school stuff and she already had enough of that in school already. She walked up and threw her bag on the bed, and looked around her room. She looked at her table, it was empty and everything on it was kept intact as of today's morning.

She then shifted her eyes to the bed and saw nothing except for her bed. She looked at the other tables by the window, and it was nothing unusual. She grew impatient and she went to her toilet. Everything remained the same as the morning. She sighed, and walked out to her room, and took the phone and texted Hongbin.

It read: Where's the gift?

Hongbin replied shortly. The text message read: You wanna call me? I'm available. 

Alright. She texted back and called him.

"Yah, Lee Hongbin, wheres the so-called gift you got for me?" She asked immediately as the call went through.

Hongbin started laughing. He then replied, "I'm on my bed actually. I just got home and was lazy. I am still wearing my clothes in school and I'm lying on the bed lazily. And I also missed you a lot." 

"Yah, quit talking and get straight to the point. Gift?" Jiyeon asked impatiently.

"You are really that eager, huh? Well aren't you tired?" Hongbin said.

Jiyeon then replied, "Yeah I am." She then lied on the bed and looked up and gasped in shock. 

She then smiled widely as she sat up on the bed. "Oh my god, Hongbin, you this sweetie pie!" Jiyeon exclaimed softly as she was jumping on her bed.

Indeed, Hongbin had promised her to paint her ceiling with a night sky and he did it exactly, and the night sky was the sky of last friday. She was jumping in joy, shrieking and screaming in estacy as she thanked Hongbin countless of times on the phone. She looked up at the painting on the ceiling again, it was so beautiful and so realistic.

It almost seemed like magic. The stars were shining so brightly even though they are not genuine, and the sky seemed so real. It was really captivating piece of artwork and Jiyeon was so in love with it. Words could not express the extreme happiness she was feeling. It was literally as if she was sent to cloud nine upon seeing this huge gift Hongbin had got for her.

A gift of love and promise. Something she would treasure it for the rest of her life. She took a picture of the wall and sent to Hongbin and continued texting to him.

The text read: Oh god, Hongbin... I really wanna kiss you and make out with you right now. Oh god. I love you so much. That was just amazing. Thanks so much, so so so much.

It's my pleasure to paint my girl's room, and to give her happiness. That's something I can do for you. He replied.

But, you did wayyy too much stuff for me. How could I ever compensate or repay you? Jiyeon replied his message.

He then replied, Repay? Being your boyfriend, there's nothing called repaying for my kind deeds, it just basically trying to show my love for you through this gift. Don't repay my love for you, but show that you love me~ And I know you do. 

Look outside the window, Jiyeon! He texted.

Jiyeon looked outside the window and saw him waving at her. Jiyeon gasped in shock. She went out as the parents looked at her from the couch they were sitting on.

"Where are you possibly be going?" The mother asked.

"Um, outside, my friend's outside." Jiyeon said.

The mother nodded her head and Jiyeon went out of the house, and out of the gate, where Hongbin was standing outside with a bouquet of roses. 

Jiyeon gasped in shock. "You're so darn sweet!" Jiyeon exclaimed as she accepted the bouquet of roses and hugged him tightly.

"What's the occasion?" Jiyeon asked.

"There's no occasion, everyday's a valentine's day for you." Hongbin said as Jiyeon blushed and smiled. Jiyeon was certainly sure, Hongbin was the one for her.

 

Jiyeon and Jieun was eating lunch as usual. Jiyeon was munching on her bibimbap while Jieun was eating her salad as usual, accompanied by some soy milk. "You know what.." Jieun said.

Jiyeon looked up. "What?" She asked.

"He asked me out." Jieun said. Jiyeon looked at her puzzled. "He, as in my ex." Jieun stated.

"He said he somehow regained feelings for me." Jieun said.

Jiyeon then exclaimed, "What? He only started liking you back just because you became more slim? And yah, stop eating these gross healthy food, it's healthy but its too nutritionally little for a slim girl like you. Even so, to start off with, you aren't exactly fat at all. You're slim, and every girl I know also envies your body. You're just perfectly sized the way you were initially!" 

Jieun sighed. "Anyway it's all good now.. But I need to maintain this shape and I don't wanna grow so fat!" Jieun exclaimed as she sighed nervously.

"Yah, don't go overboard with dieting." Jiyeon said as she sighed in worry. 

"I guess I won't." Jieun said as she munched on her greens. 

"Stop eating salads for lunch.. You need rice!" Jiyeon commented.

"WHAT? NO. No rice for lunch, that's too much carbohydrates for me. I'm leaving." Jieun said as she left hurriedly.

"YAH! Jieun-ah!" Jiyeon called out her name as she rushed off with phone in her ears.

It got to be her ex. Her good-for-nothing ex-boyfriend. She stood up and placed her tray of food on the collection point. She then took her bag off and walked to class. As she walked to the class, she could see Jieun rushing to the toilet. 

She then went to the toilet, as she also needed to use the toilet. As she was in the cubicle, she could hear faint sounds of struggles and vomitting. She then widened her eyes. She remembered the toilet only had 2 cubicles, and seeing Jieun was in the toilet, it got to be Jieun. 

She immediately pulled her pants up after finishing her business and ran to the next cubicle while knocking on the door profusely. "YAH! LEE JIEUN, OPEN THE DAMN DOOR NOW!" She yelled.

Jieun immediately wiped as Jiyeon kicked the door opened with all her strength. She pushed Jieun away before Jieun could flush the toilet bowl and saw a lump of vomit secretions in the toilet bowl. She flushed the toilet bowl. "Yah, Lee Jieun, what are you doing?!" Jiyeon said.

"I... I... just. can't see myself in another way. I only see myself doing like this. I was sick I was sick I was really sick, I just need to vomit this out... uh- uh I was- n-feeling nauseous!" Jieun said.

"Yah, you obviously don't look sick or pale or even nauseous! Yah don't do this, Lee Jieun, it's not worth it and you're gonna harm yourself instead of helping yourself. The ex, just forget him. He's a bastard anyways and is super materialistic. Forget him and carry yourself up, you're freaking hurting yourself like that." Jiyeon.

Jieun cupped her ears. "No! I don't want to go back to stage 1!" Jieun screamed as she pushed Jiyeon away and ran out of the toilet in tears. 


Second update for today!

COMMENT! and SUBSCRIBE!