ONE

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

ONE; The girl in her blue sneakers.


 

Park Jiyeon was on her way as per normal, to school. She wore her favourite pieces, blue crop top (cut out from a mens sized ambercrombie & fitch shirt) and a pair of loose beige pants, topped with a pair of blue sneakers and a monochromed striped socks. She was carrying her tote bag, whom have a word "IN NEED OF EXTRA DOSAGE OF LOVE". She was rushing late for school. School starts at 10 a.m. today but she was on her run to the lecture building at this hot summer day.

"Ah , it's 9:55.." Jiyeon mumbled to herself as she continued running for life until she finally reached the lecture hall. She went inside quietly, while slowly climbing down the stairs and taking the seat infront, since the seats at the back were all fully occupied.

Jiyeon looked around, it was indeed a large class today. The lecturer gave a few disgusted glares at her along the way, while Jiyeon quietly and obediently listened to the lecture. The lecture was a middle-aged lady, dressed perfectly. The name is Kim So-Hyun, and her fashion sense is to die for. Every girl dreams of wearing something really cool everyday, and this lecturer practically dress to impress every single school day. Jiyeon had her looked upon ever since the start of the lecture and the module. 

The "Principles of Art" module was a widely-taken module. It spreads from almost the entire design school, meaning every design or art courses would take this module. Jiyeon could see familiar faces in the lecture hall, of course some of her course mates and other good-looking people from other courses, whom she have always noted down during all the lectures. She looked around again. The lecture was quiet as usual. The sounds of the lecturer's amplified voice runs throughout the lecture hall, and whispers and murmurs could be heard in every corner of the lecture hall. Jiyeon took a glance at the watch again, it was ending soon. It suddenly came to her mind, what did she actually learnt in this lecture? It seemed a fruitless attempt to pay attention to lecture today, but she always loses her mind in the lecture hall to the sounds of the people, and the outfits of every single perosn in the lecture hall.

Yes. She loves examining people's fashion. She looks up to some people's outfit, yet she would secretly make several remarks about some in her own mind. Cautiously, she tries to do it stealthily and not to get noticed by them or fear not to receive a backlash by the people. 

As if the backlash was not enough, she was pretty much one of the most talked person in Seoul National University. People talked about her, criticised about her, and rarely, look up to her. She was popular, but notorious in the school, especially design school. 

It was finally the end of lecture. Sounds of the bumping of shoes on the ground echoed throughout the room while the noise was getting higher. People were chatting now, and the lecturer went to her table and swiftly packed her stuff in a graceful manner. Jiyeon stood up and carried her tote bag, to be stopped by her best friend, Lee Jieun, or in short, IU.

IU. The nickname originated in middle school when Jiyeon and IU sat together. Jieun was always obsessed with korean dramas, and practically she is just in love with people. She loves romantic dramas, and she just loves the word "Saranghae" said by a boy to a girl. Ever since then, Jiyeon came up with IU for her as the nickname, meaning I Love You. Ever since the nickname was given, IU became more happier, and literally more lively. 

 

Jiyeon and Jieun went to the cafeteria to get her breakfast. She totally yearned for it. Waking up early and riding the subway to school, she woke up at 8 and skipped breakfast so as to get to school just on time. Jiyeon took a seat on the table with her bulgogi rice set. It comprises of bulgogi meat, and a bowl of rice and soup, with side-dishes like kimchi along with it. Jiyeon started indulging in her meal, while soon Jieun came over with a bowl of caesar salad and a tiny carton of low-fat soy milk.

"Are you really going to listen to him and go on diet?" Jiyeon questioned her.

IU looked at her and pushed up her round-framed glasses, she held onto her bottle of soy milk tightly while nodding her head. Jiyeon looked at her in disbelief and sighed, "seriously girls like you need to be more firm and confident of yourself. Stop changing yourself into someone you don't want to be just over a stupid guy." 

IU looked at Jiyeon angrily. "Yah, even still, you don't curse or scold him." IU hissed at Jiyeon.

"Alright, I'll take back my words about him. But in all honesty, don't you think you're suffering much? You totally changed your diet just because of him, and heck you aren't even fat at all. You eat food everyday, yeah that's not freaking a sin. You eat food and exercise too, so why are you so sensitive? He's just probably saying that as an excuse to break you up. Don't have too much of a hard feelings over it." Jiyeon comforted her.

IU sighed. "This isn't just because of him. I want to do it for myself either. But I'm not entirely dieting myself and eating greens everyday, I'm still gonna eat like I do, but healthily." IU explained to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon looked at her in doubt. "Well, sure. By all means go ahead, but don't go into the wrong way. I'm warning you." Jiyeon warned her as IU obediently nodded her head.

"Okay, let's stop talking about me. What about you, found anyone yet?" Jieun asked.

Jiyeon looked at her uncomfortably while scratching her head nervously. "Ah, ther'es no nice man out there... I think I lost my love for man." Jiyeon replied back, while stuttering her words.

Jieun smirked. "Yeah, sure. Quit lying, obviously you aren't over him yet." Jieun said, with a hint of her ex-boyfriend which was years ago. 

It all started when Jiyeon's ex-boyfriend left her to study overseas in Germany. Jiyeon looked at her and shook her head. "To be honest, I've sort of got over him, but yet, part of me still thinks about him, I miss him. I also know it's time for me to let go of him, he's gone to Germany, I can't possibly get together with him anymore. I should look ahead of me." Jiyeon explained.

"Then why are you hesitating?" Jieun said.

"I...I just haven't found the right substitute yet. I want to find a man where my feelings for him is like the ones I had for him." Jiyeon replied back.

Jieun nodded her head in understanding and gave her several comments and remarks. "But isn't there quite a number of hot guys in our course? They have those nice eyes, nice jawlines, perfect nose, and some of them are tall too! They are just perfect." Jieun exclaimed.

Jiyeon looked at her in disgust while shooking her head. "Yeah, they are hot but I just don't feel for them, maybe if they have the certain look I'll melt for, I would probably go for it." Jiyeon replied back as Jieun laughed.

Sipping on her soy milk, Jieun then pointed to a guy on the next table. "Well, isn't he much of a cutie. He has them lovely eyes, he dresses well, and he's pretty good with words. His fashion style, is also perfect." Jieun whispered to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon took a quick glance and smacked Jieun's arms, "Yeah, the sarcasm. You're such a judgemental person." She hissed as she could saw the guy beside her wasn't what Jieun has described. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite. 

"Anyways, I need to get going for my project meeting. See ya girl." Jieun said, as she bid her farewell, waved at Jiyeon and ran off with her blue backpack and her blue cap. 

There she was, all alone again. She picked her books and her tote bag up, returned the dishes and the trays as she went to the library. She had a 3 hour break before the next class, and it was a practical lesson where she could finally get her hands on fabrics and textiles again. 

 

She went up to the library. She went up to her favourite level. Out of the 14 levels in the library, her favourite would be the 10th level. Quiet, and exclusive for art and design students. It is definitely a perfect place to relax, and unwind in this calm, serene environment. 

She scanned her card and was greeted by the cold gust of air conditioned wind across her face. She glanced around. It was unexpectedly more crowded than usual. Tables are mostly occupied, except for that empty seat near the window. However, across the table was occupied by a person studying. She slowly walked to the seat, sat down and placed her tote bag on the table.

She took a brief look at the scenery outside the window. As usual, she always loved window seats in the library. The scenery was beyond lovely, and the central park of the school could be viewed from a distance at the spot she was sitting on. She took out her cellphone and snapped a photo of it, while smiling foolishly at the photo she have taken.

Placing the phone on the table, she suddenly felt a sudden kick on her leg. She looked up to see the man infront of her and the man raised his head up too. Jiyeon looked at him. Her heart started racing as she examined his looks. He had beautiful angelic eyes, a sharp nose, small tender lips. He had a sharp jawline as well, and he was in his plain white t-shirt, while his muscular arms attracted Jiyeon's attention. *Handsome..* Jiyeon thought as she awkwardly looked at him while the man stared at her as well.

Both of them stared at each other for the next 10 seconds, as if they are looking at each other mesmerisingly. Just then, their exchange of glances was interrupted by the cough nearby, which sent the man to apologise softly to her and Jiyeon immediately looked down at her phone.

Both of them acted awkwardly, the man was just flipping through pages, making no effort to focus on what he was reading initially.

Jiyeon then raised his head slightly, to see him raising his head as well. Their eyes met again and Jiyeon immediately ducked her head while hurriedly packing her bag. Out of her sudden thoughts, she left behind her phone as she rushed out of the library. 

The man noticed her phone, he immediately grabbed his bag and the phone, and hurriedly followed her out of the library. When he exited the library, he saw Jiyeon walking with her tote bag. He immediately shouted, "Sorry miss!" 

Jiyeon froze on spot. She turned her head around to see if she misheard it, but the sound grew louder as the man shouted her name a few more times. Jiyeon turned around and saw the handsome man earlier from the library walking towards her. 

"You left your phone behind on the table just now. It must be yours right?" The man asked.

Jiyeon looked at him nervously. "It couldn't possibly be anyone else right?" She sarcastically replied.

The man started laughing and chuckled, "Yeah, you're funny." 

Jiyeon looked and him and smiled slightly, while hiding the outraging happiness in her. "Umm yeah. thanks about that." Jiyeon said as she took her phone.

"What's your name?" the man asked.

Jiyeon looked at him curiously and softly replied, "I'm Park Jiyeon." 

The man than snapped out of his thoughts for awhile and replied, "Oh sorry, I should have introduced myself first, anyway, I am Lee Hongbin, majoring in Fine Arts." 

Jiyeon looked at him. "You dress pretty simple for an artist." Jiyeon commented.

"What, really? I guess, I.. I need to improve." Hongbin replied back.

Jiyeon smiled and shook her head. "Ani, it's fine. It's not like you're just wearing shorts and a simple singlet to go school. It's fine, but just surprising for an arts student." Jiyeon explained.

"I swear I got nice clothes, it's just I didn't put in effort to dress well today." Hongbin assured nervously.

"You sounded like you're really afraid. But I don't doubt your sense of fashion. An artist like you should probably dress well when you want to." Jiyeon said back, leaving Hongbin stuttering nervously.

"This.. this conversation is getting a little awkward." Jiyeon mumbled. 

Hongbin snapped out of his nervousness and scratched the back of his neck. "Oh then you must be majoring in fine arts too?" He asked. "But I don't really see you though.." He added on.

Jiyeon giggled and joked in reply, "Of course silly, I am not majoring in fine arts, I'm taking the Fashion Studies major." 

"Woah, cool. I finally got a fashion designer friend." Hongbin said in satisfaction.

"Well then, I got a handsome friend too." Jiyeon commented too, leaving Hongbin blushing madly.

"Ahh...ah... um.. thanks.. i... am.. gr.grateful." Hongbin replied back.

Jiyeon smiled as both of them slowly chatted their way back to the arts school.

They talked about their hobbies. Jiyeon said she was an avid fashionista, while Hongbin just loves to do free-hand drawing on his spare-time. He literally draws anything exciting he sees. Jiyeon then talked about her friends, saying how funny IU can be, how foolish and how of a great friend she is. Hongbin talked about his family, how his family always so noisy and lively everyday, while Jiyeon could only envy him for his amazing, warm family. 

"Y'know what, I actually look up to your family. I always want a family that will talk, laugh and just have fun. A family just as lively and noisy as yours. However, my family... it's just not what I want." Jiyeon muttered.

Hongbin nodded his head. "It's okay, things will get better. If you want, you can come over my parents house one day and you can join in the fun." Hongbin said.

Jiyeon looked at him in shock. Does he meant that he wants her as his girlfriend or wife? It was strange but Jiyeon nodded her head and thanked him. Hongbin was a nice guy, in Jiyeon's records so far. Not only he's caring and handsome, he actually is pretty good to talk to, especially for Jiyeon. Jiyeon smiled as both of them stopped right infront of Jiyeon's class.

"I'm here already and we've talked so much until its lesson time." Jiyeon said.

"Oh.... wait." Hongbin said.

"Yeah?" Jiyeon asked him.

Hongbin bit his lips and stuttered, "u..Uh, c..ca.can I get your number? Like so we can talk and all.."

Jiyeon nodded as she gave him her number. "Text me." She said.

"Yeah, sure I will. Friends?" Hongbin said.

"Yeah, new friend." Jiyeon replied back with a bright smile.


This is my first chapter.
It's kinda weird and all, so just apologise.
What do you think about this chapter? Comment.

SUBSCRIBE!~ 

and what do you think of Hongbin and Jiyeon? Comment~

Thanks, much appreciated.