Happily ever after?

Rather than luxury, I want you!

CHAPTER NINE

 

As I asked this obvious question about why Kento had keys to your apartment, you just shrugged. ”Aaah, well that's a long story, I'm sure you don't wanna hear it..” I could hear that you were quite embarrassed. Your reply made my curiosity just grow instead of calming it down as you probably had thought. I smiled teasingly. ”Well, I'd still like to know, I'm in no hurry.”

 

You cringed and then sighed, clearly giving in. ”Well when I first moved here I wasn't taking care of myself that much. I just went home to sleep and well – as he said, ”didn't take care of myself properly” so he just decided himself he would have a key to my apartment if something ever happens to me. Oh god, he sounds like my mother instead of brother.” You huffed, a little frustrated but I could sense that underneath your attitude you really appreaciated what he had done and you really cared for him too.

 

I smiled to that and stated; ”Well maybe, but you must admit that what he did is kind of sweet.” ”But he's my brother! And I'm old enough to take care of myself thank you.” You said pouting and looked just like a little boy. ”Still younger than me,” I laughed as I came closer to you, feeling the need to be more closer to you than this.

 

You grimaced to that and I laughed even more. How could you be so cute and ridiculously handsome at the same time? ”I might be younger than you, but I'm not a kid anymore, I can take care of myself and..” You were interrupted as I couldn't help myself anymore and I kissed you – bringing my lips to yours, softly and so casually like it'd be our everyday thing.

 

Guess it's going to be like that from now on, I thought and the sudden realization made me so happy that I started smiling against your lips. I could feel that you smiled too, as you answered to my soft kiss by opening your lips and bringing your hand to my neck, caressing my hair. I didn't know how long we kissed like this but when we pulled apart I was completely out of breath.

 

Time didn't matter though – we had all the time in the world. As thoughts like this played in my head I could see that you were looking at me. You smiled gently and reached out to draw me to your embrace. I came closer – my own smile probably permanent on my lips by now and wrapped my arms tightly around you. Please let this moment be as long as possible, let it be our tiny eternity..

 

Thinking of that I just breathed deeply as I was leaning against you. I was feeling so calm and content – like all the bad things in world would be just imaginary and pointless. I sniffled, feeling so happy.

 

After a while we eventually let go of each other and I ruffled my hair, a little awkward. ”Well that was..” ”Yeah, it indeed was,” You answered affectionately and looked at me so intensively that I could feel blush spreading to my face. Why did you do this to me all the time? ”Mmh.. Yeah. Shall w – we, I mean, let's eat some breakfast?” I stuttered, embarrassing even myself.

 

You just chuckled and cupped my cheeks to your hands. ”Okay, let's do that, ” Then you squeezed my cheeks, shaking your head. ”But seriously, why you have to be so cute?” After you said that you just left and went to open the fridge door. As you did that, I was still thinking of your words so cute all over my head. In the end I finally took my cereals, wondering at the same time would I ever get used to your calling me cute and things like that. Would that even be possible?

 

Some months later:

 

We are going to be late at this rate. Why did you have to restart choosing your clothes just before leaving? - Everyone is going to get mad..” I mumbled as we were walking quickly to a railway station. You just shrugged easily to my words – like it wouldn't be a big deal.”Oh honey, it will be just fine! I can explain that we were making out and didn't notice that time was running,” You suggested, seeming serious but I could see twinkling in your eyes.

 

Idiot..” I just said as smile inadvertently spread out to my face. I had noticed during the last few months that smile was something one couldn't have control over. Especially when one had a person like you beside them. I sighed and felt the soft smile staying on my lips as you took my hand. Before I could be content with that, you stated; ”Well it wouldn't be that much a lie since this morning we..”

 

Hey cut it out! We are in public, someone could hear!” I murmured, glancing around us. ”As if anyone cares here. Besides I don't think they're really listening to us.” You said, being annoyingly right as usual. ”But still..I'm feeling uneasy in public, you know that. You always tease me in our videos too, sooner or later our fans will start suspecting..” I mumbled, biting my lip.

 

You shook your head to my words. ”You know, you think too much. They'll probably think it's just fanservice.” As you said that, you turned to look at me and smiled – like you'd be encouraging me. ”You shouldn't worry about that so much. Just focus on guitar playing and having fun, things are going to work out.”

 

That was one of the things I loved so much about you. You always seemed not to be worrying too much and just did what you wanted, not thinking about what was going to happen next. And you were also so spontanious always, like the world would be a whole big opportunity to you and full of fun. I shook my head to that more than often, but secrectly admired and envied your way of living your life the fullest.

 

I – on the other hand, worried about everything and wanted to act strong and cool in every situation. It didn't work out that often, but I always tried my best, even though you had said to me many times: ”It's okay to chill out sometimes.” I wished so much that I could chill out like you said, but it was difficult.

 

It would be so much easier to be like you. I thought sighing as we walked to our train. - It was full of people as usual. We just tried to fit in and in the end got to stand near the huge window. At the same time the train left. I was pushed against you by someone, which I didn't mind the slightest, instead I leaned on you, feeling content and relaxed, inhaling your scent simultaneously.

 

I could feel your arm caressing my back lightly, which made me feel lovably warm. I glanced at you – you looked absent-minded, but you had a little smile on your lips. I exhaled, thinking how amazing this was. I had got used to this kind of intimacy during the last months, but it still amazed me every once in a while how you could just touch me ever so lightly, like you'd have been always doing that and our relationship would have always been like this. - It was just so weird, since I remembered so well the time when we had been just best buddies for life.

 

Now it was so different – but in a good way, the best way ever. Everything had been so wonderful and I wondered when something bad was going to occur, since this kind of happiness wasn't meant to last forever, right? ”Hey, honey. We should go, we are in our stop,” You murmured and took my hand, leading me through the crowd. I couldn't help smiling as I followed you. Everything just felt so right when you hold my hand like this..

 

We headed to the studio, our hands brushing each other – we were walking that close, and pretty soon we got there. As we walked in, we saw that everybody was already there, looking like they'd have been there for a long time. I felt ashamed immediately and muttered my greetings – letting go of your hand at the same time, and went to toward my guitar, avoiding other's blaming glances which I could feel on my back.

 

Oh gosh, they're angry now, We're always late like this..Before it was just me running late but now it's Baru too..As I blamed myself like this, I heard your voice. Your tone was perfectly normal when you chatted with everyone and casually apologized for being so late. How were you able to be always so smooth?

 

Yeah, it's good that you have had your beauty sleep before really doing something ha?” That wasn't necessarily a sharp remark, but something in Tomoya's voice made me uncomfortable. I gulped and avoided eye contact with everyone as you just laughed it off the way you usually did.

 

You opened your mouth – smile on your lips. ”Well it wasn't exactly beauty sleep, more like making o-” ”Okay, let's start practise, I don't want to hear about what you have been doing,” Kazuki laughed and everybody joined – including me. But I still felt like something was wrong even though we were laughing and having fun together. I couldn't get grip on what was it – I just felt it and it made me restless.

 

I saw Koudai's shaking his head as he began to tune his bass and Tomoya's looking pissed. Only one who looked like himself was Kazuki who was talking with you. – Did I overthink just now? Maybe they had a bad day or something.. Or maybe they were annoyed simply because we were late?

 

I didn't know and I certainly didn't like it. Something was off, I knew it, but what? What was going on between us? 

 

Author's note:

First, I'm sorry for taking so long with update! ;_; I want to thank you all for being so patient, as I took my time again ^^ Secondly, thank you so much for views, subscribing and commenting my fic, those have made me very happy :3

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the new chapter~