The influence of friends

Rather than luxury, I want you!

CHAPTER THREE

 

Everyone had already arrived when I got there. I gulped and wiped my hands to my white shirt – I was going to change my costume here, so I was wearing my average outfit. First one of my friends I saw was Koudai. He was doing his make-up. “Heey there, where’s everyone?” I asked casually, not allowing my voice crack. “Umm..Tomoya's eating breakfast and Kazuki is accompanying him, about Subaru, I don’t know.” He shrugged while putting his eyeliner. ”About him by the way- he’s acting kind of weird today, just showed up, didn’t say much and vanished somewhere. We’re wondering what he’s up to..Hmm..Kuina?”

 

I felt his brown eyes on me, asking me about you. I heard his voice well, but I just couldn't answer. So he’s as confused as I am. Just a thought of that made me feel warmer inside. So maybe his leaving had been all due to his awkwardness and not knowing what should have been done in that situation.. Could that have been the case? I felt my heart pounding in my chest and it took me time to maintain a blank face in front of my friend.

 

Uhuh, I see. Maybe he’s just a bit off for some reason?” I said to him. Koudai looked at me doubt in his eyes but apparently shook it off as he answered; “Hmm.. That might be a case. But it’s not like him to act like that.” He ended his sentence simply with this mere statement. I sighed, even though smile was forming on my lips. – So typical of you.

 

Our chatting was interrupted as others came to room - including you. At once I turned my back to everyone and began doing something eagerly, I had no idea what though.- I just needed something to do with my shaking hands. “Oh Kuina has already arrived, did you have enough beauty sleep?” I could hear Tomoya’s teasing tone and everyone was laughing to that, including me, but for some reason I couldn’t hear your laugh that well.

 

What’s wrong with strong sleeping appetite?” I threw that back and I heard that all of you were chuckling and chatting loudly - I think being loud is kind of our trademark in every meaning of the word. I couldn’t help but smile. You all are such idiots. Then I heard your voice, low and warm. And so everything else was forgotten by me. “Enough with the teasing, we should start training already.” Was there nervousness in your voice or was I just imagining things?

 

But apparently others could hear or at least feel something was wrong too. “Heey, what’s with you? I’m usually the one who reminds all of us about working.” I could hear Kazuki’s confused voice. Also Koudai and Tomoya said similar things. I didn’t move or say anything - just stared at the wall and my heart was beating loudly in my chest. Do you.. feel as nervous and weirdly confused like me?

 

I tried to calm my racing thoughts but it was in vain. All my thoughts, my mere existence, was all wrapped around you, thinking of you and how your breath felt against my neck… “!” I yelled quickly, angry to myself. – I couldn’t think things like this with our friends around, because my way too obvious face would probably reveal everything. But my yelling wasn’t good option either. I felt stares on my back and so I blushed.

 

What’s wrong Kuina?” asked Koudai finally, concern in his voice. “Eeeh, nothing really, I just remembered that..that.. I left my kitchen lights on! And it's no good for ecological energy use and I can’t afford that either so..” My explanation was lame and I was sure no one bought it, but at least they didn’t press the issue. Something good followed though as my yelling interrupted their curiosity about Subaru’s behavior. Everyone just started doing something else and our training was about to begin.

 

I sighed relieved. Maybe we could put this issue of ours away for a little longer. It was not that I didn’t want to tell them, but obviously you hadn't told them about us and I was not going to say anything without your support. Also, I have always been quite of shy and telling our closest friends so quickly - just no. I shrugged, attempting to think about something else, but it was rather difficult. Your presence was all over the place. Like you’d have been right beside me..

 

Hey, do you have minute?” It’s like the world would have stopped moving for a moment and it was hard to breathe. – I wasn't facing you, but I could feel your scent all over me and it made me dizzy. “Ummh.. sure.” I murmured, glancing at you by side eye, afraid to see your face. I could see that you nodded and began to walk towards storage room. I gulped and followed your steps, seeing that the others were already in the training room, expect Tomoya, who shooted us a confused look as we walked past. I just shrugged my shoulders to him and tried to be at ease.

 

Instantly when we were alone, something else took a place. Something else named as your soft lips against mine, pushing gently their warmth against me and melting my insides away. Immediately I was answering to your kiss, grasping your soft hair and leaning against you, needing to feel your breath inside my mouth, craving for it. I could feel your hands on my back, pulling me closer to you and I didn’t mind the slightest.

 

Eventually we cut it out after a while and just breathed in heavily, close to each other and it all felt just right. It was lovably warm and felt like we would be inside of the little bubble full of sunlight and security. Damn, I was so fallen in you that nothing could save me. I didn’t want to be saved though. As we got a grip of ourselves and our breath normalized, you touched my chin, lifting it up gently. As so, I could feel your soft gaze caressing my face and I felt a blush spreading to my face. Did you even realize what you’re doing to me?

 

Hey.. What do you think about this situation here?” You suddenly asked, out of nowhere, your expression still as soft as ever. “Eh.. What situation?” I asked back, totally out of place, feeling of your lips still lingering in my own ones. You laughed a little to that, tracing your fingers right under my mouth and I gulped again. Your touch was just too much.. “I mean this whole not-telling-our-friends-anything and acting weirdly because everything feels so different..” Your voice kind of drifted away and I took a proper look to your expression now. – You were smiling, but you seemed sort of uneasy, which was unfamiliar feature in your face.

 

It felt like my heart would have been punched, your face.. It wasn't supposed to be like that, my Baru should smile without any doubts or uncomfortableness, he shouldn't have that kind of long, sad-ish expression. Before I could stop myself, I hugged you tightly, leaning against your waist and chest, a little bit bending because I'm few centimeters taller than you. I squeezed you, smelling the same olive soap as night before while I snuggled you. I felt my entire body relaxing at once regardless of my worry. I really, really could get used to this. Then you budged a bit and I let go. You smiled gently like before and some of my purple locks aside from my face. I snorted, smiling and rather awkward. But it was okay, with you all is okay.

 

Well.. What do you think about this yourself? For my part, I can say, I’m confused how should we act. Tell them everything, or remain silent? And that makes everything even more blurred that you.. are here. Next to me and I can’t think anything but your lips and..” I blurted out more than I should have and embarrased I hid my face. I’m idiot. But you didn’t seem to mind, as I heard your warm breathing next to my ear - you were right in front of me, only a small distance separating us.

 

Oh.. I see. “You stated, your voice raspy and low. Hearing that, my heart started pounding faster. “I have it pretty much same, I don’t know what to say to them or to not say anything at all. But what I know is that you’re in my mind all the time and I can’t focus.. I just want to touch you so badly.” Your voice was a mere whisper in my ear and I had a rather bad difficulty in breathing at the moment. It felt like among those words a fire was set in me and I wished nothing more but...

 

Hey Baru, Kuina, what are you doing there? We’ve been waiting almost 20 minutes, but you just take your time!” It was Tomoya’s voice, clearly irritated. I turned around, trying to gather my thoughts. Everything seemed so blurred right now, after you had whispered those lovely words to me, about touching and things and it seemed like I wasn't able to function well. Why, Baru, why? Why you have such a power over me, like this? My questions would remain not answered for a long time, I was sure of it. As I was deep in a thought I could hear you chatting with Tomoya, talking about “some stuff I had to talk with Kuina” and I shrugged. So, we weren't telling them yet, apparently. I guessed I could go along with that, it’s just..

 

We have always told things which have happened in our lives to each other among friends. But now it was such an issue. It definitely felt weird. As Tomoya responded, I tried to shake this odd feeling away, I didn’t want this to become even more difficult than it already was. I smiled convinced as Tomoya looked us, sceptical gaze in his eyes. “I see.. Well, anyway! We should practice our newest song and we can’t do that without our singer and one of the guitarists, so come on here, you two.” He simply turned around and expected us to follow. “Has he eaten any breakfast? It’s just he isn’t usually so uptight.“ I whispered to you, amusement in my voice. We all knew about Tomoya’s good appetite which wins even me and you - we three usually eat the most in our band. You just shrugged a bit; merely smiling shortly to my comment which made my stomach feel tight, letting the tiniest bit of the anxiety form. Why weren't you that excited? I knew that my words weren’t that amusing, but still.. Still.

 

Author's note:

 

Hello, everyone! ^^

 

I just wanted to thank you so much for all the views, subscribes and so on ^o^ They mean the world to me, this is my first published fanfic and all of those give me courage to go on, so a big thank you for all of you lovely people!

 

But enough with me rambling. Hope you enjoy the story so far. :3