Marks are needed

I don't know much about you, but I know I love you

Jonghyun groaned, his alarm and Key’s beeping and buzzing rapidly, warning them they had 10 minutes before Taemin stormed in to make them get up for school. It was their second day of being ‘just friends’ and it was hell. Key had found out that Jonghyun is actually pretty clumsy, but everytime Key wanted to run and hug Jonghyun, and kiss any bumps and bruises better, Taemin would drag him away. Jonghyun had found out Key is prone to burning himself or being extremely cute, but anytime Jonghyun wanted to react, Minho would drag him away. So by now they were both over going to school, or going outside in general.

 

Sighing Jonghyun got up, turning off their phone alarms and then began getting ready. Obviously the best way to start a day is to wake up your friend who totally isn’t your boyfriend. Jonghyun shuffled toward Key’s bed, looking at how Key had curled into a ball, hugging a pillow - that was actually Jonghyun’s hoodie - and Jonghyun sighed, he was close to falling for his tiredness, and then thought of how Taemin would yell at them and then how they’d be separated at school and pouted. Instead he opted to lean down and shake Key slightly, earning grumbles, so he tried again leaning a little closer.

“Key, you have to wake up before Taemin comes in screaming about being late” Jonghyun whispered. Key grumbled, opening his eyes slightly and holding his arms out.

“Jonghyun come a little closer” Key muttered. Jonghyun was to tired to argue and just complied, leaning a little closer to Key. Key smirked, looking more awake now, and wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s neck, pulling him down and onto Key’s bed, in an awkward angle.

“Key, hunny, remember we’re on friend week, and this is kind of uncomfortable.

“Friends can hug, and feel free to properly lie in the bed Jjongie, there’s lots of space.” Key giggled. Jonghyun sighed, giving in and climbing into the bed properly, and wrapping his arms around Key’s waist.

“What are we meant to do when the others keep us apart all day” Jonghyun sighed. Key smiled up at him, enjoying the warmth, and just everything about Jonghyun in this moment.
“We have phones...we can text and meet up in places” Key muttered in reply, already having a plan sorted out.
“Mhm, but remember Taemin takes my phone.” Jonghyun sighed. Key looked at Jonghyun with a nearly hurt expression.

“I’ll just get one of the girls to send you a note” Jonghyun spoke, smiling when Key’s hurt expression turned to a big smile.

“Good” Key giggled. Jonghyun smiled, and then tried to think of what to do, other than snuggle Key. Key noticed the look in Jonghyun’s eyes and sighed, pulling the blanket above their heads and pulling Jonghyun into a kiss, it was short and sweet.

“There, now, snuggle until the demon comes and gets us” Key giggled. Jonghyun just nodded, pulling Key closer and snuggling.

 

They were happy, until they heard heavy footsteps. Jonghyun, kissed Key’s forehead quickly, before jumping out of the bed and scrambling to his bed, falling out as soon as Taemin opened their door with a brute force.

“Ow” Jonghyun whined, pulling himself off of the ground and limping to Key’s bed, pretending to wake the other.

“We’re awake Taeminnie” Jonghyun grumbled. Taemin smiled, going back to his room, but leaving the door wide open.
“Time to get dressed?” Key asked. Jonghyun nodded, walking towards the closet, slowly stripping of his pj’s and by the time he was there he was left in boxers. Key on the other hand, was now trapped in a state of fixation. It didn’t take long for Key to notice Jonghyun’s body, he wasn’t blind, and this mixing with hormones, made these moments very...hard, in more ways than one.

“Key, you’re staring” Jonghyun said, holding in a giggle, instead smirking evilly. Key did not like that smirk, and it didn’t help that he was blushing, he could feel the heat, and he knew Jonghyun could tell what was going on.

“Ah...sorry, I was thinking” Key muttered, shifting slightly. Jonghyun giggled, grabbing his clothes and walking to the bathroom.

“I’ll get dressed in here, and let you deal with your...thoughts” Jonghyun chuckled. Key sighed as soon as the bathroom door closed.

 

When Jonghyun walked out of the bathroom, Key was dressed, and sitting on the bed, putting on makeup.

“Hello~” Jonghyun said, smiling as he entered the room, sitting beside Key.
“Helloooo” Key replied, putting down his brush and smiling at Jonghyun.

“How do I look?” Key asked, and the look in his eye that told Jonghyun his question was serious made Jonghyun feel special.

“You look beautiful” Jonghyun replied, voice filled with honesty. Key giggled,blushing slightly, quickly kissing Jonghyun’s cheek before packing up. Before Jonghyun could say or do anything Onew strolled in and smiled at the ready to.

“JongKey are ready!” Onew yelled.

“Time to go guys” Onew said, before leaving, Jonghyun and Key grabbing their bags and following.

 

----

 

As usual Key and Jonghyun were put into two different cars, one with Taemin and Minho, the other with Onew. Today Jonghyun was with Onew, and Key was with Taemin and Minho. In class, Jonghyun found himself once again looking at Key, eyes wandering, heart racing, and brain spinning.

“Kim Jonghyun, this isn’t biology” Kim Heechul,the music and mathematics teacher, joked.

“Wait which class is this?” Heechul asked, he was serious. Jonghyun just groaned, crossing his arms on his desk and hiding his head.

“Sir, it’s mathematics, and Jonghyun can’t help it, the dino puppy is in love” A girl in the back of the class called, causing the rest of the class to giggle.

“Yah! This isn’t a drama” Heechul sighed. With that the class went quiet, Jonghyun internally yelled at himself, and Key looked down at his book, trying not to blush like a madman.  

 

---

 

“Okay, class dismissed, you are free for lunch” Heechul called, packing up his things and wandering out of the room.

“Wahhh freedom, Jonghyun, I’m starving, go get food~” Taemin whined. Jonghyun looked up sending a death glare towards Taemin, before laying his head back down. Taemin pouted, grabbing Minho, Onew’s hands and dragging them out of the room.
“Jjongie” Key called, shaking Jonghyun’s shoulder lightly. Jonghyun looked up, smiling lightly.
“Could you assist me please” Key asked, in a smaller voice. Jonghyun nodded, following Key as he began leaving the classroom.

 

----

 

Jonghyun smiled, realising where Key was leading him.

“Bet I can get to the roof first” Jonghyun giggled, tapping Key’s shoulder as he ran past him. Key was confused for a second as to how Jonghyun knew where he wanted to go, but quickly began running after him.

“No running in the hallway lover boys” Heechul yelled, ruining the race.

“I would’ve won” Jonghyun sighed, pouting slightly. Key chuckled  jumping up a few steps.

“Well I’m a head now” Key laughed. Jonghyun looked at him with wide eyes, before chasing him up to the roof.
 

“So, what now?” Jonghyun asked, closing the door. Key smirked evilly, slowly etching closer to Jonghyun. Jonghyun began stepping back as well, but hit the door instead.

“Jjongie~” Key giggled, lacing his arms around Jonghyun’s shoulders.
“K-Key...friend week” Jonghyun managed. Key smiled widely.
“I know, but you’re still mine” Key spoke, blushing a deep shade of red as soon as he realised what he said. Jonghyun chuckled, grabbing on of Key’s arms and pulling it so it was in front of them.
“What are you doing?” Key asked. Jonghyun smiled, pulling Key’s sleeve down a bit, showing off his bracelet, and then Jonghyun pulled his own sleeve down.

“Of course I am” Jonghyun replied, letting go of Key’s arm. Key smiled to himself, staring at his wrist for a bit, before wrapping his arms around Jonghyun again, and snuggling into his shoulder. Jonghyun smiled, wrapping his arms around Key’s waist. It was a nice, calm, and serene, until Jonghyun felt teeth digging into his neck, quickly followed but kisses and . Jonghyun tried to push Key away, but failed, instead having to just bite his lower lip and think of anything other than the sensation. Key giggled, placing on final butterfly kiss on the now purple spot on Jonghyun’s neck, and then ran away.

“What was that for? I’m pretty sure this isn’t what people who are just friends do?” Jonghyun yelled, chasing Key.

“It’s my mark on you, to show you’re mine!” Key yelled back. Jonghyun laughed, catching Key’s arm and pulling him for a hug, returning the favor.

“There” Jonghyun said, quite proud, especially when he saw how red Key was. Key was about to say something until the bell went off and they both had to run for their last class.

 

----

 

“Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, why are you two late?” Heechul asked. Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Taemin gasped, but covered his mouth so Heechul wouldn’t get mad at him. Key noticed what Taemin had see and just slowly moved to hide behind Jonghyun, avoiding the scary glare from Taemin.

“Go wait outside” Heechul sighed. Jonghyun and Key did as told and stood outside the class.
“We have a few seconds before Taemin finds a way to get sent out here, so what do we tell him?” Jonghyun asked. Key sighed, leaning against the wall.

“Bruises?” Key suggested. Jonghyun shook his head.

“Say they’re from last week?” Key tried again.
“No, we had swimming last yesterday, he saw any hickey I had then...which was awkward, it’s not fair that I only get shorts” Jonghyun sighed. Key stared at Jonghyun, imagining the sight, before quickly shaking his head and cursing his brain.
“Ah…I got nothing” Key sighed. Before either could say or do anything else there was a loud yell from Heechul and a few seconds later Taemin was standing out there with them.

“How’d you get out?” Jonghyun asked. Taemin shrugged.

“I kissed Minho, at least I didn’t try to play his flute” Taemin sighed, giggling at his own joke. Jonghyun giggled, walking so he was in front of Taemin and then pressed their foreheads together. Key cocked an eyebrow, confused by what was going on, but decided to just stay quiet.

“Hickey’s?” Taemin questioned.

“Key wanted to mark me as his, and when he did I returned the favor.” Jonghyun replied. Taemin sighed, leaning his head back before swinging it back and hitting Jonghyun’s forehead, both groaning in pain and holding their foreheads.

“Painful, but effective” Jonghyun chuckled.
“What happened?” Key asked. Jonghyun was about to explain, until Heechul wondered out, a hand holding his head, and eyes closed.

“Sir, do you have a headache?” Taemin asked.
“You’re a headache” Heechul replied. Jonghyun snickered, well Key moved again to hide behind Jonghyun.

“Is that anyway to speak to your students” Taemin giggled. Heechul sighed, flicking Taemin’s forehead.

“It’s how I do things, if you have a problem take it up with the principle, get a new teacher and watch as your life crumbles” Heechul laughed maniacally. Taemin made a whining noise, pouting and holding his forehead again.

“Just you, since you’re special” Heechul chuckled. Taemin smiled, before jumping at Heechul and giving him a hug.

“Jjongie, I’m confused” Key sighed, hands clinging to the sides Jonghyun’s shirt.

“Heechul is friends with Taemin’s older brother, Heechul was pretty much Taemin’s stand in mother” Jonghyun answered. Taemin spun around smiling at Jonghyun and Key.

“But! No more marking each other, or any of that stuff, or else you’re moving rooms” Taemin threatened. Heechul just sighed saying ‘Come back to class soon’ before he went back inside. Jonghyun and Key both nodded, Key letting go of Jonghyun and shuffling away. Taemin gave them both a small smile and pat on the shoulder before they went back into the class.

 

---------

 

When school was finally over and they got home, Jonghyun just went to his room and collapsed on his bed, he was done with the day. Key wanted to join Jonghyun, snuggle in and just sleep til next week, instead he went to the dresser, grabbed one of Jonghyun’s hoodies, put it on and went to his own bed, snuggling into the hoodie, it had Jonghyun’s scent and it comforted Key.

 

---------

 

A/N: Quick chapter to get this flowing, I hope you enjoyed it and if not....the next update will be better I hope! Thank you for reading and doing the what nots, I couldn't thank you enough ^^ I'll see you in the next, update, and here's hoping I don't feel a need to apologise about it T^T Baiii <3

-N