Visiting

I don't know much about you, but I know I love you

Key sighed struggling with his shirt buttons, he was disapointed and tired, it was finally the last day of his and Jonghyun's friendship and only 2 days from the end of the term and instead of going on a date to celebrate, Key has to catch a plane to go see his mother and he won't be back till the end of the first week of break.
Key gave up on his buttons letting out a deep sigh, before anymore thoughts could invade his mind Jonghyun came out of the bathroom and went straight to doing Key's button's up.
"You okay, babe?" Jonghyun asked. Key looked up, taking time to admire Jonghyun's body.
"No, why didn't you get dressed in the bathroom, you're making leaving you more painful"
"It's only a week, you'll be back before you know it and then we can go on a date, and Taemin wants to go on a drive to the beach, it'll be fun" Jonghyun answered with a chuckle. Key sighed, leaning back, grabbing the towl hanging from Jonghyun's shoulders and began to dry Jonghyun's hair, smiling at the cute way Jonghyun seemed to lean into his touch.
"I'm gonna miss you, and it's longer than a week, and it's with my mother" Key said, frowning when he mentioned his mother. Jonghyun just smiled, listening to Key rant.
"I mean, she's fine, she's my mother, but the last time I flew home to spend time with her she wasn't there half the time and spent the other half complaining at me, I left early because I counldn't be there much longer" Key continued with a large sigh. Jonghyun chuckled, kissing Key's forhead.
"Look, just go, talk to her, give her your gift and enjoy your time there, I'll text you all the time and you can ring when you need to" Jonghyun spoke, Key smiled looking at the door before looking back at Jonghyun and giving him a chaste kiss.
"You're brilliant and I can't wait to get back to you" Key said, moving away from Jonghyun and putting on his jacket, the guys were dropping him off at the airport before going to school. Taemin came in to tell them they had to go soon so Jonghyun quickly got dressed and grabbed his bags and one of Key's, as they all met at the car.

-----

They drive was quiet, Key spent most of it snuggled into Jonghyun, so warm.
"So, Key, what's your mum actually like? We haven't heard much about her" Onew asked. Key hadn't realised but it was true, he didn't really speak of his mum.
"Well, she used to be the best when I was little, we were really close and stuff, but as I got older it became more about grades and she got really busy, and we got distant, but she's a good mum I guess...she's more dramatic than I am and I get most of my persoanlity from her I guess...well actually we haven't talk talked much since I was like 13" Key admitted, he tried to put his mum in a good light.
Key took a breath, his mum was good, she loved him but Key felt like she had been pushing him away for ages and they'd had a few fights and somehow grown distant.
"She said she wanted to talk more this time, but  I don't really know cause she's always busy when I visit...it's weird to miss your mum when you're in the same place and I've been kinda rude to her because she moved me and it felt like she was pushing me further away" Key sighed, he felt nervous now as he snuggled more into Jonghyun.
"I hope that you guys get to talk more" Taemin replied. Key just nodded, he liked how they all just took it in and let him be.
"I-if it's not rude to ask...." Minho started, the others automatically worrying, except for the oblivious Key.
"Ask away" Key spoke, shufling slightly against Jonghyun.
"What about the rest of your family? Dad, siblings? Pets? Sorry I feel suddenly curious about your family " Minho spoke, getting quieter as he talked. Key just smiled.
"It's fine, my dad left when I was 7 ish, he had an affair, I have a half brother whose a , and a little sister who lives with my grandmother, she's the sweetest thing...and uhh...I used to have a catwhen I was little, and my grandmother lives on a farm so...yeah" Key spoke, he hadn't talked about his family in years, it felt nice. The others nodded unsure how to reply, Jonghyun pulling Key closer, Key held his hands up so Jonghyun would take them, he was cold.
"One more question" Minho spoke, the others sighed as Key smiled.
"Sure" Key smiled, Jonghyun smiled, taking Key's hands and holding them close.
"What was your cats name?" Minho asked, they all laughed, enjoying how Minho made the talk light again.
"MinMin" Key answered, smiling. The car fell into a comfortable silence, Key let go of Jonghyun's hands,  sliping them into Jonghyun's jacket instead, he felt Jonghyun tense slightly.
"You okay?" Key asked, Jonghyun nodded feeling Key's hands roam around. Key smirked, leaning up and kissing Jonghyung's cheek.
"You're cute" Key giggled.
"And you're evil, mister handsy" Jonghyun whispered back.
-----
"We're here, Jonghyun go see Key off, text me later and I'll come get you or send Heechul" Taemin said, smiling at the pair, Key mouthed a thank you before saying goodbye to the guys, giving car hugs and promising gifts as he grabbed his bags. Jonghyun took Key's suit case off him so they could hold hands, fingers intertwined as they made their way to Key's gate so he could check in and get his suit case on the checked, they had another hour before Key had to catch his plan so they went to the cafe. Once they had their order they found a small, slightly hidden spot and eased into the silence.
"Do I really have to go?" Key asked, knowing the answer. Jonghyun chuckled, sipping at his drink.
"Yes, you do, you need to go, see your mother and buy the guys gifts" Jonghyun replied with a comfortable smile. Key smiled at him, looking around then leaning toward Jonghyun, cupping Jonghyun's cheek as their lips met, the kiss was quick but needed.
"God, I'm gonna miss you" Jonghyun sighed, Key giggled as he sat back down.
"Good" Key replied, taking a sip of his drink, as his cheeks turned slightly pink.
"Any requests well you're away?" Jonghyun asked. Key thought about and then smirked, intertwining his fingers with Jonghyun's.
"After work out photos" Key replied, Jonghyun blushed quickly and looked shocked, then swallowed.
"W-what?" Jonghyun replied. Key giggled, giving Jonghyun's hand a squeeze.
"You never let me see you after your work outs, you always clean up quickly, but just trust me, please" Key answered, making a face Jonghyun couldn't resist.
"Okay" Jonghyun answered, Key smiled, that was easier then he thought it'd be. Suddenly there was a call for Key's flight, Key's heart clenched as he and Jonghyun got up and went to the line, once Key's ticket was handed in they had to say goodbye. Jonghyun pulled Key into a hug.
"It's gonna be okay" Jonghyun whispered, giving Key a quick kiss. Key nodded.
"I...I'm...I..." Key felt a familiar clench in his throat. "I'm gonna miss you" Key said, holding back the words he wanted to say, once again.
"I'm gonna miss you too" Jonghyun replied, having the same problem. Soon Key was walking away, he kept looking back and Jonghyun stayed standing there, smiling and waving until Key turned a corner and they lost sight of each other.
------
Needless to say the plane ride was hell, Key thought he had a good seat, he was beside a cute couple, they were lovely and had snacks, but you can only stand lovey dovey talk and watching others enjoy love when you miss your boyfriend for so long.
Once the plane landed Key was glad to see his mother actually there, she was standing with a small sign that had his name on it.
"Mum, you're here!" Key spoke, shock evident in his voice. His mother just laughed, giving him a quick hug.
"Kibum...okay I deserved that one, look we have a lot to talk about and I was watching baby videos last night, we were so close...and..." Key's mother sounded guilty. Key smiled at her, giving her a hug.
"Hi mum, thanks for coming to pick me up, let's talk on the drive to your place" Key spoke, calming his mother. She just nodded, as they went to get Key's bag, and then they got in the car.
"So, what did you want to talk about?" Key asked as they began driving. Key's mum, Juhyun, smiled.
"I heard you have a boyfriend, that Jonghyun kid, I remember him, he was a cutie." Juhyun spoke as if it was normal to talk about Jonghyun.
"Why didn't you tell me about him? Or that you and his mum were friends?" Key asked, feeling a little ripped off. The car went silent for a bit, Juhyun was in deep thought.
"I...me and his mum we...." Juhyun took a deep breath. " Me and his mum we used to be best friends, and you and him were so cute...but we um...we got into a fight I guess, because you're dad wanted us to move and she didn't want us to, she wanted us all to stay close, but you see, we had to move because your dad got sick, and that made her more mad, then we ended up just fighting and she told me to ummm...go so we did, and then when me and your dad divorced she came to try and smoothe things over but we just faught more..." Juhyun told Key the story and Key felt a pain in his heart.  
"But we did come to an agreement...if I could forgive her, I'd send you to the same highschool as Jonghyun and we would see what happened, then I got some motivation to forgive her, but I guess she didn't approve because she yelled at me over the phone because of you and Jonghyun" Juhyun laughed, it was a bit sad.
"I thought we could finally be frineds again...but I don't think she wants to be" Juhyun sighed. Key gave his mother a sad smile.
"M-maybe through me and Jonghyun dating you two can get closer" Key spoke, Juhyun smiled widely.

"You're so good" Juhyun spoke, ruffling Key's hair.
"How about we drop your things at home and then go shopping, get some ice cream from that shop, if it's still there and I dunno, what do you do now? God I should know, I'm your mother" Juhyun spoke, sighing at herself.
"I don't think the ice cream place is still open, but there's bound to be another one we can go to and you've been busy, but you can make it up to me with a shopping spree, and then junk food and movies at home, like old times" Key replied, his heart felt all warm and fluffy, for the first time in years he was having fun with his mother and she was actually being his mother.
"Sounds beautiful" Juhyun replied and with that they were off as soon as Key's bags were dropped off.
The day was amazing, they went shopping and Key already had gifts for the guys, he'd even filled his mum in on everything about the guys, she seemed ready to claim them as her own, he had a new outfit and they had so many bags they had to keep going back to the car and dropping things off, by the time they got their ice cream they were both exauhsted from the day.
"I forgot what it was like when we shopped together" Juhyun laughed, sitting down and laughing.
"True, you made me the shopping king I am today" Key laughed. They soon calmed down and just enjoyed the silence, then there was a bing as Juhyun's phone went off, as she read the text her smile dropped.
"Kibum, baby, I have to work tomorrow, this ruins the plans, I was gonna take you to the carnival tomorrow!" Juhyun sighed, grumpy at her phone. Key smiled, sure he felt a little pained, but thefact that she told him, had plans and looks hurt makes it suddenly okay.
"How about we go the day after?" Key spoke, smiling even though he felt a tiny bit worried. Juhyun looked teary
"As soon as I'm done tomorrow we have a movie night, you me and Junk food!" Juhyun spoke, a few tears falling, Key nodded, leaning over and wiping her tears away with the napkin from his finished ice cream.

After a few moments talking over their new plans they went back to the car, driving home, it felt weird for Key, it'd been so long since he'd been like this with his mum, happy, close and believing her when she makes plans to be there, there was a feeling f worry, but he silenced it for the sake of his mother. Key looked out the window, it was evening so the sun was begining to set, it looked so pretty, Key opened his window so he could take a photo to show the guys, which is when it hit him...he hadn't messaged Jonghyun, all day, not a word, Key felt a new feeling of dred as he snapped the photo.
"You okay?" Juhyun asked.
"I-I haven't checked my phone...it's been on air plane mode since I landed...which means I haven't messaged the guys and I promised Jungkook I'd text" Key said, his head falling into his hands.
"W-what if he's panicking, or something went wrong today? Oh my god he's basically a puppy! What if he's lonely there was that thing that said not to leave puppies alone for too long, oh no" Key whined out, Juhyun burst into laughter.
"Oh, you're still so young, Kibum, baby, it'll be okay, turn your phone on now, explain what happened and I dunno ring him or something" Juhyun giggled, Key nodded, turning off airplane mode, his phone suddenly began frantically buzzing, he has 13 missed calls from, and far too many texts.
"I-I'll call him" Key stuttered, he felt happy and guilty. He quickly hit call back and held the phone to his ear, it only rang twice before being answered.
"YOU'RE ALIVE" Jonghyun shouted, then Key heard the familliar sound of laughter from the guys, he felt a weird warm happy feeling bubble up in his stomach.
"And you're okay, right?" Key asked, worry easily heard. Jonghyun hummed, it sounded like he was moving.
"I'm mostly okay" Jonghyun finally answered, Key could tell he was outside from the wind.
"Mostly?" Kibum answered, a new flare of worry, even Juhyun seemed worried.
"Mhm, I miss you, you miss me right? Have you read my texts? Class was so borning, and Taemin made fun of me at lunch and then it rained and....I'm babling, sorry, it's all in the texts anyway" Jonghyun sounded nervous.
"Jjongie, you sure you're okay?" Key asked. The line was silent for a bit, Key could hear Jonghyun breathing and thinking everythng over.
"Yeah, we're okay right? You and me, there's nothing wrong...we're still...y'know" Jonghyun spoke, Key was a little confused but he smiled.
"I love you" Key spoke, feeling relieved that he could say it, something had been stuck in his throat lately. He heard Jonghyun sigh in relief and his mum giggle.
"I love you too" Jonghyun giggled happily, Key smiled then looked at his mum.
"Jjongie, I'll call you later okay, I gotta get my stuff inside the house and...everything else I brought" Key spoke with a slight giggle.
"You've already gone shopping? Oh my god, I forgot tell your mum I say hi!" Jonghyun spoke quickly into the phone, Key giggled.
"Jonghyun says hi, are we here?" Key asked, turning to his mum, phone still against his ear.
"Hi Jonghyun sweetie, and yeah, I'll go unlock the door and start taking my bags in" Juhyuns spoke, winking as she left.
"Oh, when you check the texts, I sent photos...be cautious, check them when you're alone, okay?" Jonghyun seemed to warn. Key looked confused before realising Jonghyun couldn't see him.
"How come?" Key asked. Jonghyun stayed quiet for a bit before groaning.
"Just...do, please, they're not dirty, they're just messy, I look messy" Jonhyun spoke, Key smiled.

"Alright then, okay I miss you, I'll call you soon, I gotta get stuff in for now though." Key spoke, noticing his mum coming back already.

"Okay, I miss you too, and you better, good luck" Jonghyun spoke, there was a small moment of relief for both of them before they hung up, Key had a good feeling about this trip, now he just had to figure out how to carry all his bags up stairs and not hurt himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------+

N/A: Hi! I'll be updating now, This chapter was easy but hard and please ignore any missing "o"s that key is a bit broken haha....anyway I hope this chapter is good enough, thought I should finally introduce Key's mum better and yes Juhyun was a quick choice name but yeah <3 Okay I'm gonna sleep now because it's 3:10am hahahaahahha Love you all byeeeeee

-N