Just gotta make it

I don't know much about you, but I know I love you

The free night was relaxed, the food was gone quickly and the rest of the night was spent watching movies until they all fell asleep. When Taemin woke up he pushed himself away from Minho and sludged around the lounge, waking Onew first and then moving onto wake Jonghyun.

“Jjong you need to get up and move you and Key to bed, c’mon hon.” Taemin whispered, Jonghyun just opened his eyes and smiled.

“Not asleep, just thinking” Jonghyun chucked quietly, making sure to not wake Key. Taemin cocked his head to the side in cute tired confusion.

“What about?” Taemin asked, voice quiet.

“My mum mainly, what normal kids lives are like, what Key’s life as like…” Jonghyun said, seeming to drift off into his own thoughts. Taemin smiled and ruffled Jonghyun’s hair, earning a confused look.

“No one really lives a normal life, and you can just ask Key about his, and for your mum, I mean she’s yours, she’s made some mistakes, some pretty big mistakes” Taemin took a deep breath, as if he was preparing himself for the rest of his sentence.

“But, she’s your mum, she wasn’t like most, but she still tried, just talk to her, calmly, get her to listen for once, she was really happy a long time ago about you and Key, I’m sure some of that happiness is there still” Taemin finished, smiling at Jonghyun who just nodded in a silent agreement.

“For now though, you two need to get to bed, we have school tomorrow, only a week left till break” Taemin spoke, getting up and “lovingly” woke Minho by jumping onto his lap.

“Why” Minho wheezed. Jonghyun smiled at the two, and looked at Key who was comfortably curled against his chest, seeming to fit there perfectly, it was weird.

 

Jonghyun managed to move Key so he could carry him to bed, Key basically becoming a Koala around Jonghyun, as they made their way to bed Jonghyun began thinking about how weird this whole scenario was, in such short time they’d both become very attached to the other, learnt a lot, found out weird things about their past and yet it all seemed normal, comfortable.

“Jonghyun..” Key said in a small voice, not moving or looking at Jonghyun, just keeping his head tucked against Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“Yeah?” Jonghyun asked, managing to open their door.

“Do you think it’s weird? Us being together so fast and stuff?” Key asked, voice sounding small. Jonghyun smiled, he wasn’t the only one thinking about it.

“I do” Jonghyun said, putting Key down on the bed and going to change into something different. Key sat up, staring at Jonghyun back, worried.

“And..?” Key spoke, hoping for a continuum.

“I don’t really mind, I mean it’s weird, anyway you look at it, it’s weird, but so is most of my life, and it’s a good weird” Jonghyun replied, judging between a singlet and a hoodie. Key nodded, looking down to hide his smile, he liked that answer.

“It’s a good weird” Key muttered. Jonghyun turned to him with a raised brow.

“You okay?” Jonghyun asked. Key looked up, first seeing Jonghyun’s toned stomach and chest before making proper eye contact.

“T-the singlet...you overheat” Key stuttered, trying to cover up the thoughts in his mind.

“Hm...what about no shirt?” Jonghyun smirked, noticing that Key’s eyes kept slipping.

“T-that works too” Key spoke, trying to cough to cover up the tone in his voice. Jonghyun chuckled to himself walking to the bed and lying down beside Key, who was still sitting up.

“What are you doing?” Key asked, looking down at Jonghyun.

“Getting ready for bed, we have school tomorrow” Jonghyun said, laughing slightly as if it were obvious. Key nodded, not really knowing what to do. Jonghyun seemed to pick up on it, sitting up and putting his head on Key’s shoulder.

“Did you wanna do something different?” Jonghyun asked. Key looked at him and smiled.

“You’re really cute” Key said, winking when Jonghyun looked at him, both bursting into a fit of laughter.

“I sit here, shirtless, free for you to touch and whatever, and you call me cute, all my working out is wasted on you” Jonghyun spoke, joking offense. Key shrugged.

“Not that impressive” Key lied following the joke. Jonghyun just giggled.

“You sure about that?” Jonghyun asked, sitting up properly and smiling at Key. Key’s eyes wandered up and down Jonghyun torso.

 

Key nodded, forcing his eyes back up to meet Jonghyun eyes, somehow this made things worse, Jonghyun looked so innocent, but something was hidden behind the innocence.

“Liar” Jonghyun giggled, leaning forward, placing a light kiss on Key’s cheek, moving to lay back down. Key felt happy but ripped off, left wanting at least a little more.

 

Key moved so he was laying beside Jonghyun.

“What would you do if I said that I was lying, and the working out is all worth it and stuff?” Key spoke, smiling mischievously. Jonghyun chuckled, moving so he was leaning over Key.

“Oh thank god, I was worried I’d have to quit, I quite like working out” Jonghyun spoke, leaning down and giving Key another kiss.

“You should work out for yourself, and stop being cheap on them kisses” Key spoke, jokingly. Jonghyun just smiled.

“Make me” Jonghyun spoke with a smirk. Key smiled happily, leaning up slightly and pressing his lips to Jonghyun’s, one hand on Jonghyun’s waist and the other on the back on Jonghyun’s neck, keeping a soft hold.

 

Their lips moved in sync, Jonghyun using an arm to hold himself up, and other wrapped around Key’s waist, his legs moving so he was positioned better over Key. The kiss deepened as their heads tilted to make it easier, Key bite on Jonghyun’s lip earning a slightly groan and access for his tongue. It wasn’t long till their kiss was becoming sloppy, Jonghyun began to grind down on Key, causing them both to moan into the kiss, they soon parted for breath. There was a knock at their door, both sighed.

“Go away” Jonghyun groaned, annoyed by the disturbance. There was another knock, Jonghyun let out a deep sigh, climbing off Key and the bed as he walked to the door he felt  arms wrap about his waist.

“Yes?” Jonghyun asked as soon as he’d opened the door. Key rested his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder, looking at Onew, Taemin and Minho.

“No ” Onew finally answered.

“We know” Jonghyun said, ignoring Key’s thumb grazing over a small area of his stomach.

“Mhmm, we’d be able to hear, just putting that out there” Minho spoke.
“Then warning for the future, buy earphones, goodnight guys” Key spoke, sharing a silent conversation with Taemin, making a promise that they wouldn’t do the do tonight.

“Nighty night” Taemin and Jonghyun said in unison as the door closed. Jonghyun turned, pulling Key into a kiss as they stumbled back to the bed, the kiss broke as they fell onto the bed, both giggling.

“You know, I’m glad our lives are weird” Jonghyun spoke. Key smiled, unsure how to respond he just wrapped his arms and legs around Jonghyun.

“Same” Key giggled. Jonghyun just laughed rolling to his side, wrapping his arms around Key.

“So, is there anything you wanted to do over break?” Jonghyun asked. Key thought for a moment.

“I dunno, kinda just wanna make it through safely till then, my mum will probably want me to at least check in...maybe, apart from that I’m happy as long as I get to stay with you guys” Key replied, with a smile.

“Well, I’m sure you’ll make it, they’ll at least let you get through a whole term before being mean, and well you’re stuck with us so it should be a good break” Jonghyun replied. Key smiled and then a random thought hit him.

“We still have to be friends for 3 days, unless Taemin wants to try for a full week then it’s 5 more days.” Key sighed, noticing the hickey he’d left, it looked lonely. With that thought Key gave Jonghyun a quick kiss before moving to mark his neck, Jonghyun moaned quietly, hands gripping onto Key’s sides, as Key continued to make “art” over part of Jonghyun neck, shoulder, collar bone and a few on his chest, some looked like they would last a week, others probably longer, and they could mostly be hidden, one or two may show over the uniform tie and collar.

“If it’s 3 or 5 days, these will probably last, and y’know I have swimming tomorrow” Jonghyun let out a sigh, but smiled happily. Key had a guilty smile, but was happy with his work, and that he didn’t have swimming.

 

Key snuggled into Jonghyun and managed to pull the blanket over them. It wasn’t long before they’d relaxed. Key began thinking properly about them, the fact they is he’d never meet Jonghyun and the guys he’d be locked away in a random place he has to call home, he looked up at Jonghyun and smiled, shuffling up to give him a chaste kiss.

“Thank you” Key said, a smile graced his features.

“For what?” Jonghyun asked, seeming peacefully happy.

“Everything, just everything, I..” Key was going to say he loved Jonghyun, he did, but something kept the words from leaving his throat. “I’m really happy” Key finished.

“You’re welcome, I guess? I’m glad that all this happened, I’m happy, and the guys are as well” Jonghyun spoke.

 

They were quiet for a bit, just taking in everything.

“Let’s get some sleep” Jonghyun said, as if the conversation never ended. Key nodded, snuggling in.

“Goodnight…” Jonghyun said, Key knew there should’ve been more to that simple goodnight, but like Key, Jonghyun couldn’t say it the thoughts of their situation holding it in.

“Night” Key replied, closing his eyes, everything was peaceful, comfortable, except something in the back of both their minds, the questions they were both too scared to ask, too scared to even properly think about, questions that they would leave till a later time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

A/N: I'm back! (Finally) this took so long, and I'm so sorry ><; It's just been hectic and I have a new laptop, the usb with my fics broke and I lost hope and motivation, so yeah, but I plan to update and finish this because I need to, oh my god I need to, it's been going on for so long and my update scheduel (Ha, What scheduel????) is messed up. I'm so sorry, I promise, this time I'm back.

-Problematic N