[2]

Oh, my High school!

 

“Sorry, I’m late,” I said by the door of the classroom. The teacher look at me and just continued writing on the board. I walked to my seat, still panting from the running. My class went smoothly the whole day.

 

I was walking on my home. I prefer walking in the lovely peaceful streets of Seoul. I sighed. I should just forget what happened earlier. “That smug Shin Dongho isn’t worth it,” I said to myself.

“Hey, girl who likes to talk to herself,” a familiar voice said behind me.

I glanced at my back, “Why do you always have to do that, Shin Dongho? And what are you doing here? Are you following me?” I said, placing my hand on my waist. Just when I’m forgetting the reason I had a bad day, here he is. My mood turned bad again.

 

He disregarded my question and just walked closer to where I’m standing. “Well, Ms. Lee, you have something in you that fascinates me.” My eyebrows met, “What?”

He chuckled, “I think you should got out with me.”

I can’t believe what I just heard. Shin Dongho is asking me out? Not in a nice way, but at the back of my mind, I kinda liked what I heard from the guy standing in front me. ‘I wish he could have asked me in a nice way…’ My mind was racing, oh, what am I thinking? ‘Ae Ra! Snap out of it!’ I ordered to myself.

 

“Why should I go out with you? I don’t even like you,” I said to him, and I felt a stab in my heart from what I just said. He didn’t answer, instead, he just walked closer to me. The most popular guy in school is just inches away from my face. My heart is racing, like it’s going to get out off my chest any moment.

 

“Ms. Lee, don’t tell me you don’t like me. I know you do,” he smirked and shook his head. “You even said that I’m cute, didn’t you?” He leaned forward, and I froze. “Y-you heard that?!” His smirk turned into a wide grin, making his eyes disappear.

My heart did a cartwheel, it’s the first time I saw him smile like that. To stare at his face this close… Perfect complexion, tall nose, kissable lips… No! I shouldn’t be like this! “I-I, I won’t. I don’t. I don’t like you! You’re not cute at all! You misheard that, Mr. Shin Dongho!” I looked away, and pushed him. I should get our of here before I couldn’t stop myself and say “yes.”

 

“Whatever you say, Ms. Lee. Tomorrow, I’ll wait for you at the clock tower, 4PM,” he said, then changed his expression with a serious face, “And don’t be late,” then started grinning again and he turned his back on me and walked away. “I won’t come, Shin Dongho!” I shouted, and he just waved his left hand, not looking back.

I just stood there, frozen, until he disappeared. I shook my head, “Unbelievable.” I knew that arrogant guy won’t show up tomorrow. It’s impossible for someone like him to date an average person like me. I felt another stab in my heart on that realization. I sighed and continued walking with a heavy heart.