[7]

Oh, my High school!

 

A week has passed...

 

After class, I’m waiting for Dongho at the school grounds when Sung Hyun came to me, panting. “You have to come with me.” We were running, “To where?” “You’ll know when we get there,” he said and my heart started pounding.

 

We stopped inside the school building. A campus radio broadcast is ongoing. I’ve heard a familiar voice. Is it Dongho? “They’re talking about something, I don’t understand why it’s on air.”

I didn’t answer Sung Hyun. I listened carefully to the broadcast while I walked towards the broadcast room. “So you won now,” a girl’s voice said. “You made that girl fall for you.” There was a brief silence. “Shut up! It’s different now,” Dongho answered. What the heck are they talking about? I started running again. ‘Where is that broadcast room?’ I panicked.

 

“The deal’s off,” Dongho added. The girl laughed, “You still can’t change the fact that you were only challenged to make that Lee Ae Ra girl fall for you, and you’ll win the bet. End of story.” I stopped. I felt like a bucket of ice was poured on my head. That moment, I just bursted inside the broadcast room.

 

The girl Dongho was talking to is Hyun Ah. They were both startled by my entrance. I charged toward Dongho and slapped him on the face. I felt my right hand sore but I didn’t mid. I have to get out of here before I couldn’t control my tears in front of him. I ran as fast as I could. I heard him call out but I didn’t have any plans of stopping.

Still running, I don’t know where I’ll go. I just wanted to be away from this rotten place. He played with me, with my feelings! I couldn’t control my tears, they just kept on escaping from my eyes. “You’re so stupid, Ae Ra! Why did you fall that easily?!” I screamed, not minding of people might hear me.

I stopped by a tree in a park. Catching my breath, I broke down. I can’t believe I was stupid enough to fall for that Shin Dongho. I put my face in my palms, still crying.