Final

Oh, my High school!

 

The next day, I entered the hallway, all eyes are on me again. But I just continued walking towards my classroom. After class, Sung Hyun approached me, “Chingu, are you alright?” I just looked at him and tears started swelling up on my eyes. He pulled me and hugged me tightly, “I’m sorry, I should have protected you.”

 

“I’m sorry for being stupid, Oppa,” I said with a trembling voice. He released me from his hug and held my shoulder, “No need to be sorry, okay?” I nodded and smiled weakly. Just then, bell rang.

 

It’s the second bell, the baseball game is about to start. Sung Hyun looked at me, then at the door to the stadium. I know how badly he wants to watch the game, I forced a smile. “Go ahead,” I said. “Let’s the game together,” he smiled back. “Just one round,” he added.

 

Dongho will be playing. I don’t know if I could handle myself seeing him. “Uhmm,” I said and looked away. I don’t want to see him, but I don’t want my friend to watch the game alone. “Okay, for the school,” I said and again, I forced a smile. His eyes brightened and pushed my back towards the stadium.

 

The game was about to start. My eyes involuntarily saw him in an instant. I felt a stab on my heart seeing him, but a part of me wants to see him even of he’s the biggest jerk on earth. He was warming up. Our seat is close enough to make me see the dark circles under his eyes. Maybe he couldn’t sleep last night too…

 

‘Did he?…’ My thoughts trailed off as he ran at the center of the field to do the opening pitch. After the pitch, everyone applauded and he smiled to the crowd. I stood up, “I’m sorry, Su. I can’t…” He just smiled, “It’s okay. I’ll tell you how the game went.” I smiled back at him and started to leave the stadium.

 

“Lee!” a familiar voice called out. The sound echoed in the whole stadium. “I know you’re there. Where are you?” I stopped and turned around. The students close are looking at me. ‘What now?’ I thought.

 

“Darn it! I won’t start the game unless you talk to me,” he said in a frustrated tone. Spotlights started scanning through the crown. The students standing close to me started pointing in my direction and people joined them. The spotlight found me. I was frozen from where I’m standing.

 

I was blinded by the spotlight. I wanted to run but I was stoned. Before I knew it, Dongho is standing in front of me. I panicked inside, ‘What am I going to do, to say?’ My hand’s still sore from yesterday. Maybe I could use my left hand. Okay, just in case I wanted to slap him again, I’ll use my left hand,’ I thought.

 

“What now, Shin Dongho?!” I blurted out. “Haven’t you hurt me enough? Now, you want to humiliate me in front of the whole campus.” He just stood there. This is a waste of time. I turned around and started walking away but he caught my arm and stopped me.

 

“Will you stop running away?” he said, and I shot a glance at him, enough for me to see he has swollen eyes. “And I thought you were different… Different from what others think of you,” I answered. He looked at me with a hurt expression. “I had the wrong intentions at first, I know that, and I’m such a jerk for hurting you. But everything I’ve told you at the park, all of it is true. I know you know that.”

 

“And at the broadcast room, Hyun Ah set me up. I regret having a deal with her.” He shook his head, “You’re different, Ae Ra. You’re special… I realized that the night you kissed me… That I wasn’t doing this for the deal, but because I’ve fallen for you.” He sighed, “I guess it’s too late to say this to you but I still want to say… I love you, Lee Ae Ra. I really do.”

 

My heart sank. I don’t know how I would react. He gave me a crooked smile, “And I’m sorry. There, I’ve said it. I don’t want ot hurt you anymore so I’m letting you go.” He turned around and started walking towards the field.

 

I just stood there, looking at him as he walked away. “Run after him!” a student shouted. “Yeah! You wouldn’t want to lose him again, right?” a voice called out from the side. Before I knew it, I was running towards him. He was surprised when I back hugged him. Everyone inside the stadium applauded and cheered. “You jerk!” I shouted at him, smiling. He faced me. “I love you too, Shin Dongho. I’m—” I didn’t finish my sentence. He pulled me and kissed me. My tears just kept falling from my eyes.

 

I kissed him back and wrapped my arms on the back of his neck. He smiled when his soft lips left mine. “I’ll win this game for you,” he whispered. “Go get them, Superman,” I said and he ran towards the field.

 

They won the championship. That was a great victory for the school. After the game, he ran to me and hugged me, I didn’t care if he was covered with dirt. EVeryone’s happy but I’m the one happier than any student at the stadium. Who would have thought that the guy I hate the most will be the guy that I would more than anyone… And I know he loves me more… My Shin Dongho. :”>

 

~END