[5]

Oh, my High school!

 

The next day, I was smiling as I turned the door knob to make my way out of the house. I feel light on my feet. I’m going to see him again. Just this thought made my heart start pounding again. This time, I admit that I love the feeling. I touched my lips and remembered what happened last night. My smile widened and my face felt hot. I chuckled. Silly me, laughing to what I did…

I stepped out of the house and found smiling Dongho was standing by the gate. I can’t help but smile back at him. “What are you doing here, Shin Dongho?” I asked, opening the gate. His eyes gleemed, “Aren’t you going to greet your boyfriend a good morning?” and moved closer to me and we started to walk.

 

“Boyfriend?” I repeated the last word he said. I laughed softly and he looked at me with confused eyes. “You’re not my boyfriend yet, but good morning,” I told him with a smile. “Yet?” he asked. I nodded, “Yep. 19th century Western men court women to capture their hearts. And some Asian countries, like the Philippines, still practice this too.” He stopped, his eyes are confused. “Wait, so you want me to court you?” he said. I bit my lower lip to hide my grin, but I failed, I nodded.

 

After he saw me nod, he continued walking. After taking a few steps, he stopped and faced me. His expressin changed, with a hint of excitement in his eyes. “Alright then, my future girlfriend,” and smiled, my favorite smile. I did a quick pace to reach him and we both walked together to school.

 

“So, are you really dating him?” Sung Hyun asked at dance practice. I frowned, “Who?” I answered not looking at him and continued stretching. He hesitated, but still answered, “That Shin Dongho guy.” I glanced at his direction, “Uh, kinda?” His brows met, making his tiny borws form a thin line. “How’d you know anyway?” I said, not wanting to answer the question.

 

“You know how gossip goes here, it spreads like fire,” he said with a cynical voice. Okay, I should at least tell it to my bestfriend. “Well, it’s not like we’re officially dating… He’s courting me.” His face changed from pale to a smirk, “Seriously? He knows how to do that?” I nodded, I don’t want to argue with him. “But do you like him?” he asked again?

 

My heart did a flip, I wanted to smile but I held it back. “He’s… Nice. Not like what other people think he is,” I said casually. Sung Hyun was about to ask another question, I guess, but he dropped it and sighed. “Okay, but please, don’t get yourself hurt. Don’t make me worry too much.” I smiled at my Oppa who was like a real brother to me. “Thanks for understanding, Su. And don’t worry too much, okay?”

 

We finished dance practice early and we’ve decided to go to the cafeteria to eat. “I’ll grab a sandwich. Do you want one, Ae Ra?” Sung Hyun asked. “Sure, thanks,” I said and walked towards the vendo machine. I was inserting coins in the slot when I heard girls whispering close to me.

 

Well, they may look like their whispering, but they were intended to be loud enough for me to hear. “Is that her?” a voice called from behind. “Oh my gosh! She’s not even pretty!” another voice said and the voices laughed. I ignored the voices and just continued inserting coins and pushing buttons to get my apple juice. I took the can and another voice called, “Girls, don’t be rude. Let me talk to her, okay?”

 

I was about to go when a girl stopped me. “Miss, wait,” the third voice said. I glanced at them, “Yes?” I said casually, and faced them. There were three of them. ‘Typical,’ I thought. A Queen Bee and two loyal followers. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I stopped myself. “We’re just wondering, are you Lee Ae Ra?” the petite girl with big curls asked.

 

I laughed inside my head, ‘Sung Hyun’s right, gossip does spread like fire.’ “Yes, I am. Why?” I managed to answer. The two at the back of the long haired girl in the middle whispered to each other. The girl in the middle, who I’m guessing is the Queen Bee, stepped forward.

 

“Hi, I’m Gu Hyun Ah. Nice to meet you! I’m Shin Dongho’s REAL girlfriend,” she said, grinning at me and offered her hand for a handshake. I didn’t answer and just looked at the latter’s hand. I couldn’t help it anymore. I raised a brow, “Oh, please,” I said.

 

The two girls gasped upon seeing what I did. Hyun Ah dropped along with her hand. She regained her composure and pointed a finger at me, “Listen to this, Lee Ae Ra! Stay away from Dongho or you’re going to regret it!” I cocked my chin up, “Bring it! Why would I be scared of you and your minions? Huh?” The three girls’ face turned pale. I smirked, “Tsk, I’m wasting my time on you. Confront me when you’re prepared, honeys.” I turned my back on them and walked away.

As I paced quickly away from the three girls, I heard a frustrated scowl from their direction. I’m guessing it’s Hyun Ah. I’m going to see them again, that’s for sure. And I’ll be prepared.