[6]

Oh, my High school!

 

“Hey, beautiful,” Dongho whispered in my ear from behind me. I smiled and turned my head to face him. “Hello,” I said and followed him with my eyes as he paced around the bench to sit beside me. He pouted, “‘Hello’ only?” No ‘gorgeous’ or ‘handsome Dongho’?” I just chuckled and stuck my tongue out at him.

 

He just stared at me and a grin crossed his face. He turned to his side to get something from his bag. “Tada!” he said while holding a piece of red rose. Before I could react, he signaled his hand for me to wait. He turned to his side again. “Tada!” he repeated, now, while holding two rounded candies on sticks.

 

I blushed and took the rose and candy. I left one for him. “Thanks,” I said still smiling. And he smiled back, “I’m glad you liked it.” I laughed. “How many girls have you given this gift?” I teased. He pouted again, “Yah, you’re the first one.” He hesitated for a while but continued, “It’s my first time to do this, you know. Girls usually give gifts to me,” he smirked.

 

“My friends teased me. Ever since I took out my diapers, I never not had a girlfriend.” He laughed softly and played with the candy in his hand, “Well… I think they’re right… ‘Till you,” and stared at me with those dark brown eyes. I just stared back at him. For a moment, it felt like time stopped.

 

I smiled and stood up, and his gaze followed me. “Alright,” I faced him, “Take me home,” and offered him my hand. He looked at me with a confused expression. I chuckled, “What? My boyfriend must be sure I’ll get home safely, right?” His eyes brightened, “Really?” And I just nodded. He took my hand, stood up and pinched my nose. He chuckled when I pouted at him. We started walking, still holding hands. This is the happiest day of my life… So far.

 

We were at the front of the gate of the school when I stopped walking and Dongho was surprised that I removed my hand from his hold. He glanced back at me, “What’s wrong?” I didn’t answer, I just stared blankly at the floor.

He walked closer to me. “Hey, look at me,” and lifted my chin. I faced him. “What’s bothering you?” he asked with a worried look. I couldn’t look straight at him. “I… The people, what they will think. I’m…” He placed both his hands on my cheeks. “Don’t mind them,” and he smiled my favorite smile. “And be proud you’re dating Shin Dongho,” he teased.

 

“Right,” I answered with a sting of sarcasm in my voice. I removed his hands from my face and started walking. “Yah!” he called out from behind, I continued pacing. He caught up with me and placed his arm over my shoulders.

‘Everyone’s looking! Everyone’s looking! Calm down, Ae Ra!’ My mind’s racing as we walked around the school grounds. He held me closer and I felt better. We passed by the three familiar faces, Queen Bee Hyun Ah and her minions. She wasn’t looking at me though, she’s looking at Dongho. I glanced at him and he’s looking at her too, like they were talking to each other. Then, she turned her back and left.

That moment felt weird. Not good weird. But I have to worry about it later. Right now, I have to stop myself from blushing because of the eyes being laid on me.