Chapter Seven~

Learning to Love

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was practically tearing his hair out. He had no idea about what he should do. Lose his job, or lose Sungmin? It had already happened once before. He doesn’t think he’d be able to live with it again.

Unless he just told Sungmin that he was busy at the moment and wouldn’t be able to see him as much. Maybe that would work!

Kyuhyun sighed. Why was life being so cruel to him?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next day, Kyuhyun thought long and hard before coming to the conclusion that he should stop seeing Sungmin for a few days to get back on track with his work.

He nearly forgot that he was supposed to be going straight to work and almost started his usual journey to where Sungmin works.

The day seemed to drag on and successfully managed to put Kyuhyun in a foul mood. But this was what he had to do if he didn’t want to lose his job. He was very kindly granted such an important and high-in-power position, he couldn’t just throw away all the hard work he put into it.

Although he couldn’t help but worry about Sungmin…Was he okay? Was he annoyed with him? Kyuhyun hoped not, but of course it may very well end up that way if he carries on ignoring Sungmin like this.

He let out a sigh and settled for going to pick up some food to hopefully clear his mind and at least provide him with food he has been running low on recently considering he pretty much has none at home at the moment.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kyuhyun was casually browsing through the food isles, dragging his feet along quite half-heartedly.

Rounding the corner, he froze. Of all places, why here?!

There Sungmin stood, glancing around at a shelf of baking equipment. Kyuhyun really didn’t have any luck with trying to avoid people…

He dashed around the corner before he was noticed. Leaning his shoulder against the shelves, he tentatively tilted himself so that Sungmin was within his view. He felt very much like a stalker, but he honestly didn’t care.

He frowned. Watching Sungmin now made him realize just how much he was missing him. Tilting his body back around to his original position, he leaned his full weight on the shelf, a sad look on his face.

While he was deep in thought about Sungmin and his predicament, he failed to notice someone walking around the corner.

“Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun froze. He knew who it was straight away.

“S-Sungmin!” He stuttered, trying his best to sound cheerful and surprised.

Sungmin was staring at him with a wide smile on his face.

“Where have you been these past few days? I’ve been worried about you…” He blushed.

“Ah, sorry Sungmin. I’ve been busy recently-” he held up his briefcase “-with work.”

Sungmin pouted cutely, but his pout quickly reverted back into a smile in no time.

“Oh, that’s good. I was sort of worried that I’d done something wrong…”

“Of course you haven’t done anything wrong! What could you have possibly done in the first place anyway?!” Kyuhyun felt bad about ignoring Sungmin now. One of the last things he’d have wanted was to make Sungmin upset.

Sungmin laughed slightly. “True…Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, just picking up some food seen as I have absolutely none at home. What about you?”

“I don’t really know yet. I was planning on getting some new baking utensils, but I’m not sure if I should anymore.” Sungmin said, glancing back at the shelf of baking trays.

“Well, do you need any new things?”

“Sort of. The ones I’m using at the moment aren’t necessarily in the greatest of conditions. Plus I bake a lot.”

“You’ll have to bake something for me!” Kyuhyun joked.

“Would you want me to?” Sungmin asked happily.

Kyuhyun looked slightly shocked before breaking into a grin. “Of course!”

That seemed to make Sungmin even happier than before, asking animatedly what Kyuhyun would like and when he’d want it. Kyuhyun just settled for asking Sungmin to surprise him.

Kyuhyun bid Sungmin farewell before turning to carry on with his shopping. Although he was cut short when Sungmin’s rushed voice came to him.

“Kyuhyun…Would you like to come to my house?” He looked quite embarrassed, a blush spread out across his cheeks.

Kyuhyun didn’t really know what to say. If he said yes, he’d be going against his ‘keep away for Sungmin for the time being’ rule. But if he said no, then no doubt Sungmin would be disappointed.

“What about my food? I’d need to put it in my fridge so it wouldn’t go bad…”

Sungmin was quick to reply. “It’s not like I don’t have a fridge, you know! You can keep it in mine until you go home!”

Kyuhyun sighed before agreeing. Although he’s have to admit, Sungmin’s radiating smile was definitely worth it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


They continued shopping together. Every now and then engaging in casual small talk or simply keeping quiet and just enjoying each other’s company.

When they’d finally finished, they paid for their things and made their way to Sungmin’s apartment, occasionally stopping off along the way to marvel at the smallest and most ridiculous of things.

Finally, they reached Sungmin’s home. It looked exactly the same as it did when Kyuhyun saw it before. The same well-kept flowers sitting outside of it and the sweet homely-feeling it gave off.

Sungmin led Kyuhyun through the gate and towards the front door with much enthusiasm, of which Kyuhyun noted was extremely cute. Kyuhyun noticed the slight amount of fumbling Sungmin did when trying to find his house keys and successfully insert it into the keyhole. It was only very slight, but he still noticed.

The door was opened and Sungmin practically jumped inside, holding the door open and awaiting Kyuhyun’s entrance. Sungmin shut the door when Kyuhyun had stepped in. Removing their shoes, they both shuffled down the hallway with Sungmin leading.

Sungmin had led him into the kitchen to no doubt put the food in the fridge. Kyuhyun was then forced to sit down on a nearby chair while Sungmin put his food away. While waiting, he decided  to take in his surroundings.

The kitchen was fairly neat. Not one thing seemed to be out of place. The walls were painted a soft pinkish colour and matching tableware was placed on the counters in a decorative manner. There was various other decorations littered around the room, and Kyuhyun had come to the conclusion that Sungmin seemed to have a thing for plants.

“Would you like something to drink?”

Sungmin’s voice broke Kyuhyun from his train of thought. He replied with a simple ‘yes please’.

“Do you like tea?”

Kyuhyun nodded his head before returning to gaze around the room.

Sungmin walked past Kyuhyun with two cups in his hand and motioned for him to follow. He was then led into what he presumed was the living room. The room was considerably small and consisted of a sofa and TV with more simple decorations. A bookcase stood in the corner, completely filled with books and DVDs.

Sungmin gave Kyuhyun his cup and sat down on the sofa, asking Kyuhyun to sit down as well. They sat in silence, both cradling their cups in their hands.

Finally, Sungmin broke the silence with an awkward chuckle. “I’m sorry. I didn’t really think this through right. It must be pretty boring for you…”

“No! It’s not boring at all! I’m never bored when you’re around!” Kyuhyun blurted out without really thinking.

Sungmin froze and took in Kyuhyun’s words before a blush covered his cheeks, his mouth morphing into a slight smile. He was just about to reply, but a loud yelp from Kyuhyun and the sound of a cup smashing stopped him in his tracks.

Kyuhyun scrambled to his feet as he clutched at his now drenched clothing, wincing as his skin felt like it was on fire.

Sungmin was up quickly, darting out of the room and emerging with a wet towel and ordering for Kyuhyun to lift his t-shirt. Kyuhyun did as he was asked, revealing his now bright red stomach to Sungmin. He whimpered as the cold towel was placed on his stomach.

Sungmin pushed him back slowly to sit back on the sofa and stood up to clear away the broken cup on the floor. After finishing, he returned back to Kyuhyun’s side.

“What actually happened then?”

“…Something touched me.” Kyuhyun pouted, obviously feeling sorry for himself.

Sungmin looked confused for a second before seeing movement out of the corner of his eye. There, sat on the floor near his TV, was one of his cats, its tail slapping against the floor in a slow sort of motion.

Kyuhyun followed the direction Sungmin was looking in and then realised just what caused him to drop his drink.

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you I had cats.”

Kyuhyun smiled nonetheless. “It’s fine. You didn’t know something like this was going to happen.”

Sungmin drew his attention back to Kyuhyun’s stomach and shifted closer to him. “Let me look.”

Kyuhyun shifted slightly and looked embarrassed. He peeled the wet towel away slowly, showing the bright red mark again. He jumped slightly when Sungmin reached out to gently brush his fingers against it.

“Does it still hurt?” Sungmin looked straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes with what Kyuhyun thought looked something akin to guilt.

Kyuhyun smiled warmly. He found himself drawn into Sungmin and his mind didn’t seem to be functioning properly. He shook his head in reply.

The distance between them was shrinking at an extremely slow pace, but it was noticeable to the both of them. Their eyes were still connected, but the eye contact was occasionally broken by a simple glance at the others lips.

Everything seemed rushed to Kyuhyun, and millions of thoughts flew through his head. With their heads mere centimetres away from each other’s, all of Kyuhyun’s thoughts left his head completely.

He was overcome with a feeling he could only describe as ‘bubbly’ when he felt soft lips come in contact with his own.

He may just be falling in love…

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I am so incredibly annoyed with myself.
You all must hate me, right? ;__;
I was about three quarters of the way through this chapter before I found myself stuck. I blame it on my English exams -__- (it's  horrible planning and writing a serious murder story at school, then coming home and trying to write a cute, fluffy story)

Finally, the story's going somewhere! :D The kiss wasn't too rushed was it? 

Anyway, thank you so much for being patient for this update~