Chapter 2~

Learning to Love

 

Kyuhyun started to make his visits to the little cafe a bit of a routine. It didn't really interfere with his morning timetable, so everything was fine.

He'd get up at the usual time, get ready and make his way down to the coffee shop. Go to the counter and doesn't even have to say anything, because of the amount of times he'd been there, Leeteuk didn't even need to ask.

He'd sit down at the table in the corner and look around the room for a particular person. Although that person very rarely turned up, he only showed himself when delivering his order. And every single time, he successfully managed to make Kyuhyun speechless.

Kyuhyun had been coming to the cafe for a fair amount of time, and yet he still didn't know the persons name. But he was desperate to know it!

The 'clang' that came from the cup that was placed on the table in front of him made his head instantly snap upwards, a slight blush evident on his face. A familiar smile was on the other boys face before he turned around to get back to work. But just before he could walk away, Kyuhyun suddenly spoke up.

“Ah...Sorry if it's not any of my business or anything, but may I please know your name?”

The boy turned around, his eyes almost looked like they'd lit up.

“My names Sungmin...” His soft voice sent a slight shiver throughout Kyuhyun's body. “...And you are?”

“Kyuhyun...”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



More days seemed to fly by with Kyuhyun spending part of his morning in the cafe. Every sight of Sungmin made him feel light headed and weak.

 

They hadn't really said anything else since finding out each others names. Although Kyuhyun had to admit, he was slightly relieved about that fact, considering he'd most like turn into a blithering idiot...

He was slightly surprised one morning when he was having his coffee when he heard Sungmin's voice at the other side of the room. When he looked up he saw him stood at the counter talking to Leeteuk. But when Leeteuk suddenly pointed at him and Sungmin looked his way, Kyuhyun quickly averted his eyes so that he wasn't caught staring.

He made sure to keep sneaking glances in their direction to try and make sense of what they were talking about. Obviously he was involved with it, but other than that, Kyuhyun didn't have the faintest idea what the topic was about.

He suddenly felt light headed again when Sungmin sighed in defeat and slowly shuffled his way over to Kyuhyun's table.

“Um...Leeteuk wanted to know if you wanted anything else?”Sungmin's asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

“No thanks, I'll have to be setting off for work soon.” Kyuhyun struggled to keep his voice from wavering.

The conversation seemed to end there. Sungmin mumbled a quick 'okay' before walking away at a fast pace back to Leeteuk who was obviously disappointed with the short, pointless conversation that just took place between the two of them.

 

After finishing his coffee, Kyuhyun gathered his things and set off to work.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Kyuhyun sat in his apartment thinking about the small conversation that held place between him and Sungmin.

'He seemed a bit shy...' Maybe it was something Leeteuk said to him? Or maybe he's just a shy person in general?

'I'm thinking too much about it! It was nothing! He was just a bit quiet, I shouldn't get my hopes up...'

He had the day off tomorrow, yet he still went to bed early. He didn't used to wake up early on days off. Usually he'd stay up until the early hours of the morning on Starcraft, yet since he'd been going to see Sungmin at the cafe, he'd changed his sleeping arrangements.

Laying in bed, he thought about his previous relationship. What if he did start a relationship with Sungmin? Would it turn out bad like his previous one? And how does he know that Sungmin isn't already taken?

Kyuhyun had decided, tomorrow, he will try to get closer to Sungmin. He should at least try talking to him, right?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kyuhyun had tried preparing himself all morning. He was determined to start a conversation with Sungmin today, and that's final.

The time just seemed to be flying by, and before he knew it, it was time to make his way to the cafe.

The air outside had a slight chill to it, and frost covered the ground in a light sparkling sheet. It was pretty cold to Kyuhyun, so he was lucky that the cafe was that far away.

He stepped inside. The sudden change in temperature felt strange, yet soothing.

Kyuhyun walked up to the counter where Leeteuk usually stands, yet he wasn't there. Instead, Sungmin stood in his place rearranging something on the counter-top. Kyuhyun felt his heartbeat speed up considerably.

Sungmin looked up into Kyuhyun's face when he felt someones presence in front of him, Kyuhyun thought his eyes were tricking him, because Sungmin seemed to freeze slightly and have a sheepish sort of look on his face.

“So, what would you like...Kyuhyun?” Sungmin remembered to smile. He couldn't just stand gawking at a customer.

Kyuhyun nodded faintly. “Just a coffee will do, please.” Again, he had to steady his breathing or else his words would just be one jumbled mess. And he doubts he'd make a good impression on Sungmin like that.

“Are you sure you don't want anything else?”

“Yes, just coffee...”

Again the conversation just drifted off, so Kyuhyun tried to salvage at least a bit of it.

“On second thought, is there anything you'd request for me to have with it?”

“Hmmm...” Sungmin looked up at the menu on the wall for a few seconds before looking back at Kyuhyun. “Strawberry parfaits are quite nice!”

Kyuhyun had never really been a fan of sweets, but he might as well give it a try.

He made his way over to the table in the corner again, where he always sits. There was practically nobody there apart from him and a teenage couple at the other side of the room.

After a few minutes of tapping his fingers against the table to a tuneless song, Sungmin reappeared in front of him with his order.

Kyuhyun couldn't think of anything to say. He'd been planning this all morning, yet all of a sudden he couldn't think straight...

But just as he was about to say something, Sungmin bet him to it-
“Do you by any chance like me?”