Chapter Six~

Learning to Love

 

 

 

When Kyuhyun arrived home there was no way he could get to sleep. A million thoughts rushed through his head. Was it really a good idea to kiss him? It was only on the cheek...But still! The last thing he wanted to do was freak Sungmin out...
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
Although, Sungmin was far from freaked out! He'd spent a good deal of his time practically bouncing around his house and calling Leeteuk to tell him all about his time with Kyuhyun.
 
Leeteuk was equally as exited to hear the news about their meeting. He'd hate to admit it, but he's been watching the growing relationship between Sungmin and Kyuhyun like some sort of TV drama. He's always been a er for love stories.
 
Sungmin fell into a peaceful slumber that night, anticipating his meeting with Kyuhyun tomorrow.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
Kyuhyun sat with his head in his hands, a guilty and worrisome look present on his face.
 
He'd skipped out on his daily trip to the cafe. He honestly felt horrible about it though. His alarm failed to wake him up early enough and he'd only just managed to get to work on time. Although he was quite thankful for that, because then he could use his alarm clock as the excuse for not visiting Sungmin...
 
It wasn't necessarily his fault, he was just scared.
 
He just hoped Sungmin didn't mind.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
Sungmin had waited for what felt like forever for the familiar figure of Kyuhyun to appear through the door that morning. 
 
Finally he decided to give up. Now Leeteuk had to suffer a pouting Sungmin for the rest of the day. 
 
Sungmin wasn't necessarily upset, he was just dissapointed. Of course, who wouldn't be? He'd just been on a date (Sungmin refuses to call it a friendly get-together when it was clearly a date!) with the lovely Kyuhyun that he may be developing feelings for and not to mention who he got a cheek kiss from! 
 
He thoughts suddenly stopped as his pout was wiped off of his face to be replaced by frown. Was Kyuhyun just doing all that to build a friendly relationship between the two of them? Was he thinking too much about the simple gesture?
 
His eyes landed on the floor as his hands ruffled his hair up in frustration. 
 
Maybe he was getting too worked up about something as small as that.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Not seeing Sungmin seemed to effect Kyuhyun's daily cycle. Finally, half way through the day, he suddenly got an uncontrollable urge to see Sungmin, despite any of the pointless fear he had in the first place.
 
Kyuhyun realised there was no point trying to are through it and just settle for seeing Sungmin tomorrow. No, he couldn't wait that long.
 
A thought struck him. He had a lunch brake coming up any minute. A wide grin spread across his features as he started gathering a few of his things together.
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
Sungmin felt quite calmer now. Leeteuk had kindly offered him his spot behind the counter if he wanted to relax a bit more, to which Sungmin gladly took. 
 
The sound of the bell above the door sounded out and Sungmin's eyes lazily looked upwards to whoever had walked through the door. He'd have to admit, he was shocked. He even glanced at the clock on the wall a few times to make sure he hadn't gotten the time wrong or anything.
 
There was Kyuhyun, staring at Sungmin with a smile on his face. 
 
"Sorry I couldn't come here this morning, I was running late for work." He said apologetically.
 
"It's fine. Shouldn't you be at work?"
 
"I have a lunch break right now, so I thought I'd come and see yo- I mean, come and eat here!" Kyuhyun tried masking his little mistake with an obviously fake laugh.
 
Although Sungmin wasn't completely clueless, he definitely noticed, and even that was enough to make him swoon like a lovestruck fangirl.
 
Leeteuk let Sungmin have a little break so he could spend some time with Kyuhyun. 
 
Most of the time Kyuhyun was eating was spent in silence and shy glances. Kyuhyun didn't dare bring up anything about the night before, and he was sort of thankful that Sungmin didn't either. He was just glad that Sungmin didn't appear to have any sort of negative feelings towards him like he worried about.
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
Kyuhyun made it back to work in just in time. He practically skipped into the building, a huge smile on his face. He felt so incredibly happy.
 
Sungmin is perfect. Absolutely perfect.
 
He got back to work with a positive mind, prepared to work without any complaints.
 
Just before his shift was about to end, his boss's secretary came into his office, her face plain and emotionless as usual.
 
"Boss wants to speak to you."
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
Kyuhyun stepped into his boss's office silently, sitting down in the chair his boss offered him. The atmosphere was too quiet for Kyuhyun's liking.
 
Clearing his throat, Kyuhyun finally asked why his boss suddenly wanted to speak with him.
 
"It would appear that you haven't been working as efficiently as before. I haven't seen this sort of behaviour from you in quite a while, Kyuhyun." 
 
Kyuhyun knew what his boss meant by not seeing Kyuhyun act like that in a while. Of course he did. The whole meaning behind it had inprinted unwanted memories into his mind. Memories he would very much rather forget.
 
"I'm sorry, Sir. I've just been a bit caught up with things recently."
 
"Well, let's hope this little problem you got yourself in will solve itself soon, or else I'm sorry to say this, but I'll have to reconsider giving you such an important job role, Kyuhyun."
 
Kyuhyun froze. Everything he'd contributed to his work, he couldn't just through it away. His job was one of the things that mattered to him the most, he couldn't throw it away so easily. Not again.
 
Maybe he should stop messing around and get back on his feet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Oh my...I'm terrible! *cries* I'm so sorry for the late update! The whole Christmas season just seemed to me away from writing...
Thank you for being patient with me...To make it up, I'll make sure the next update is quicker AND longer! 
Also sorry if there's any spelling mistakes (or words missing the letter 'B', seen as my new computers keyboard seems to like to miss it out sometimes -_-')

Would the ending be considered drama? Or at least developing drama?
Everyone is okay with a little drama on top of the fluff, right?
 
 
Anyway! Thank you again for all the lovely comments and subscribers~! <3