Chapter 1~

Learning to Love

 

Kyuhyun made his way down to his local coffee shop, fighting to get a stack of paper from his hands into his briefcase. He wasn't necessarily rushing. Actually, he was quite early. By setting off early he can call to get his coffee and turn up at work early and make a start on his day quicker.

After successfully storing all the paper away, he walked at a fast pace towards the coffee shop, occasionally glancing at his watch with an expressionless look on his face.

All he ever seems to do is work, his life basically consists of it. Although it wasn't always like that.

Kyuhyun was in love. Or at least he considered it love. They'd been together for at least a couple of years, before Kyuhyun got a higher position in the company. He spent more time working then spending time with his lover, and constantly getting grouchy and snarky with people.

 

Of course the relationship ended almost straight away, but no matter how distanced he was from his lover, he had to admit he was heartbroken.

It was then that he decided to give up on love for the time being. There's no way he'd be able to lead a stable relationship with his current work timetable.

As he neared the coffee shop he noticed the 'closed' sign leaning against the door. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He glanced around at the different surroundings and noticed a small cafe just across the road from him.

It had a homely sort of feel to it and didn't have huge crowds bustling around inside of it. But the thing that captivated Kyuhyun the most about it wasn't the cafe itself. It was the boy standing outside of it.

He had a light pink apron on and a warm smile was present on his face while he was cleaning and rearranging the tables and chairs, so it was obvious to Kyuhyun that he worked there.

Maybe it was because of the nice feeling the cafe gave off that made Kyuhyun set off in that direction, or maybe it was just the nameless boy stood outside that managed to catch his attention. The last option seemed more likely the reason.

Just before he reached the cafe, the boy shuffled back indoors clutching a few plates and various other things left behind by people. So with that, Kyuhyun made his way inside as well.

Inside the cafe was lovely, he'd have to admit. It really wasn't anything extravagant, nor was is anything even slightly amazing, it was the overall feeling and atmosphere was almost breathtaking.

Kyuhyun stepped over towards the counter that was situated across the back wall, various sweets and objects littered the counter-top. A menu was attached to the wall just behind the counter.

Kyuhyun found himself searching the whole room for the boy in the pink apron, but couldn't seem to find him.

A slight 'hello' knocked Kyuhyun from his train of thought. His attention was now set on a man that had magically appeared behind the counter without Kyuhyun noticing. He stared at the man, taking in his appearance (And no doubt effectively scaring him...) before deciding that it wasn't the person he was looking for.

“A-ah...Are you okay?” Kyuhyun noticed the name-tag that rested on the mans red apron. 'Leeteuk...'

“Sorry...” Kyuhyun found himself mumbling.

Leeteuk gave him a slight smile. “It's fine. So! What would you like?”

“Hmmm...” When Kyuhyun looked up at the menu, he was glad to see that 'coffee' was there. “I'd just like a coffee please.”

After Leeteuk had disappeared from the counter to go and get Kyuhyun's order sorted, Kyuhyun decided to sit down at an empty table situated in the corner of the cafe.

Kyuhyun was twiddling his thumbs and occasionally pausing to look at the current time on his watch, a cup was finally placed on the table in front of him. He lifted his head to give who he thought would've been Leeteuk a 'thank you', the words got caught in his throat when he saw just who it was who delivered the coffee.

There, barely a few feet from him, was the person he was looking for, looking directly at him with that beautiful smile on his face...







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not posting the chapter up straight away...By the way, the chapters will be longer :)

Also sorry if the story might be progressing slowly or too quickly, because I aren't good with story timelines.

Anyway, I'll try to get chapter 2 done as soon as I can :)
...And thanks for reading~!