Chapter 7

Falling for a best friend

You  look up to see that it is Kai. Standing in front of you that’s when you start to get nervous. He sits beside you . And rubs his knees

"Chung Ae, are you okay?" he repeats it a more serious tone.

"I'm fine. What was it that you wanted to talk about earlier?" You ask him

"everything… I mean … I just wanted to see you and how you were doing that it. I miss having you to hold and talk to when I'm stressed.'' he says softly. You can tell that he understands that he cant call you his anymore. But he said when he's stressed  you wonder what he could be stressed about.

"what's causing you to be stressed?"

"today." he says as he looks into the palm of his hands. Something he does when he's mad or sad in this case its sad.

"what's today?" you ask .he looks up at you with a look of disappointment as if you should know but you don’t.

" wow you really have moved." He say . As you look at your phone to see that todays date December 14. a day four years ago that stressed you out more than anything, you remember how you thought you were going to trip in those heels. And how the only person that you wanted to be there wasn’t because, when he found out he stopped talking to you. That someone as Taemin and that day was your wedding the thought that you had lost Taemin once hurts, and losing him again hurts even more. You stand up.

"Look Kai me and you are over. There  is never going to be another thing between the two of us ever again so stop trying and leave alone. You want closer well here it is you cheated not me, and now that I've moved on you want me back, well to bad because I'm happier than I've ever been with you. And I like it, I'm not going to let you hurt me again." you say." There's you closer." You walk away furiously.

  you get in  your car and drive home in anger. When you get inside you try to go to sleep but you cant you get out of bed and look around trying to get that of an ex husband out of your head but you can you grab your laptop and start looking around on the web . That when you start to watch some of Taemin videos and that calms you down then you start to get tired so you try laying down and slowly begin to fall asleep.

You were about eight when this tall smart funny charming and attractive. Was what he was what he is the man down the hall. Kind on the eyes and always with the corners of his mouth turned up smiling. He had just turned nine when his parents invited you and your family over to celebrate. You remember how he acted shy and quiet. The two of you sit in the living room ,that has a family portrait on the wall, in silence. The adults are in the kitchen talking over politics and the economy, which sounds like a debate the way your father is talking. You stare at the walls until he touches you shoulder.

"do you like video games?" he asks as he sways back and worth.

" yeah." you lie and say. You played once before and that was with your cousin that lived in Busan. You didn’t like it too much because he beat you so you never played again.

"What's your favorite color?" he asks

"Royal blue." You reply you notice that he has something in his hand that he is messing with he sits next to you on the couch, and presses a couple of buttons then hands it to you.

"here you can play . You looked bored." he say with a smile. But you don’t know how to play the video game your cousin had was completely different. So you pretend. As he watches you. You press a couple of buttons to see what happens. Then he goes into the another room and brings out and sits back next to you." want  connect so we can play together?"

" yeah sure ." you say not knowing what he meant by saying that. You look at him for a while.

"Are you gonna press the button or not.?" he say laughing. But being that you don’t know where the button is you laugh and put your head down making your hair cover your face. Then you feel something soft and warm on your hand you  look to see his hand on your.

"its right there." he says " I don’t think you’re a video game type of girl, now are you?"

"no I'm not." you say causing the both of you to laugh.

You wake when you hear some noise in the kitchen you look at your alarm clock its 3:15AM. You rub your eyes and get out of bed  to see what it was . As you walk towards the kitchen you hear the noise again. You start to think it’s a robber. So you grab the first heavy thing you see. You walk closer to the kitchen you see the light form the fridge go off  you stand just around the corner shaking in fear of what might happen when you notice a black and blue bag the same bag that you gave to Taemin to use on his tour you drop what is in your  hand and run from behind the wall

"Oppa!" you scream as you leap into his arms.

"Chung Ae. I missed you." he says.as you place your feet back on the ground.

"what are you doing home so early?" you ask.

"well…" not even giving him a chance you kiss him. " I was missed too I guess."

"where you" you say kissing him again.

"I really didn’t have that many shows I really wanted to surprise you." he say

"Well done im surprised." you reply. "Are you tired?"

"a little."

"well come on." you say grabbing him by his hand wrapping it with yours , bringing him into the bed room. As you lay back down in the bed.

He lays on his back with his right arm tucked under his head till he moves over and wraps his arms around you he move the hair that sits on your face out of the way then he kisses you softly on the cheek. You fall asleep in his arms the arms that have held you the same way since you were young just this time it means a whole lot more to you  and him.