Chapter 3

Falling for a best friend
"Taemin?" you say as you look at a man wearing a blue button up, with the sleeves rolled a quarter of the way up.  "Chung Ae." he says  with a smile across his face." How have you been." He says as he pulls you in for a hug.  " I'm amazing ." you reply."come in." you remember the last time you saw Taemin it was before your wedding , he couldn't come because he was on tour and couldn't make it back but that was  a year and a half ago and you haven't really talked since.  "So you moving?" he says as he looks around an empty house. "Yeah time to start over you know." "Yeah. Do you need any help settling into your new place?" "That would be help full." you reply. "So what have you been up to for the past year?" you ask. "Nothing really I did a musical and our comeback  that's about it," he says as he sits back in the chair."And you?" "Got married and divorced, other than that I've been working."you say with a slight laugh. Then the door bell rings again." excuse me."  "Hello Kim Chung Ae?" a heavy set man with a clipboard in his hand says. "Yes." you say as you  open the door more to let him in. "Come in." "Are these all the boxes." "Yes. These and  all the furniture in the kitchen and in here."you say. "okay, thank you." he goes  back outside to get the other guys.  "You want to go get something to eat?" Asks Taemin.  "Well if your asking, Sure." "Where you want to go?" "Surprise  me." you reply.  "Okay." he says as he grabs your hand leading you out the door. "I'll drive." he goes to the passenger door opens it and helps you in. You feel the coolness of the leather seats underneath your hands. " Let's go." he says pulling out of the drive way. The ride wasn't quiet but short.  You arrive at a café that you and him use to go to after school when he wasn't busy at SM. You remember when the two of you skipped school and went there how nervous he was that his parents would find you together. The only way that you could calm him down was by holding his hand. You both get out.  " Amazing surprise." you say as you shove his arm. He grabs the door opening it and leads you in. " What do you want, never mind I already know go sit down." he says. He walks over to the counter and order your food as you look for a place to sit. You find a place and take a seat. You see him standing by the counter lips puckered checking his phone with his hair slightly covering his  eyes. His facial expressions make you smile. He makes you smile in general something you haven't done in a while. He start in your direction with tray in hand. You sit with your legs crossed  leaning back. He sits in the chair across from you. And hands you your food.you look to see that after all these years he still remembers  what  you would get. The two of you share a smile and begin eating the lunch is filled with many laughs and smiles. It felt good to spend time with your old friend. Any friend at that Kai was selfish with you he wouldn't let you go out much unless it was with him or his friends. You gave up your life for a man and look what it did to you. But thats over new beginnings now. Just living in the moment living, so for now its just you and Taemin. Until his phone rings." Hello" he answers to the person on the other end of the phone. " I'm busy  right now but I can be there later, that's not in the plans a but I'll see if he's up to it." he says into the phone. "Okay bye-bye." "you have to go?" you say.  "Not yet, are you trying to get ride of me Chung Ae." he replies with a smile. He places his hand on yours "I'm not going any where unless you want me too."  "Of course I don't, only want you to go if you have. I'll understand." "Well Im not gonna leave right now a little later, I still have to take you home." he says with a smile. The rest of you lunch is nice as you and Taemin reminisce on the old days how you would always get in trouble and he would be there to save you or come up with an excuse that would lessen your punishments. When the two of you are done he takes you back to your old house so you can get your car. "I can come tomorrow to help you un pack you boxes and stuff ... Okay." he says as you step out the car. " night, call me." he yells out the window as he drives down the street. You laugh at his stupidity. You look at your keys and one last time you open the door to that house. You look around at the emptiness the plain wall  take a deep breathe close the door and leave it all behind.