Chapter 4

Falling for a best friend
You wake up in a new bed, new home, and a new life. A life without pain, tears, and most of all Kai. Since  you got your friend back life has been easier and happier. He makes you forget all the hurt and pain that you've been through. Four months have past since Kai left you but who cares your happy alone. You lay in bed happy about today, it's your birthday.  You turn 21 you some friends are suppose to hang out. Getting out of bed you check your phone to see four missed calls two from Taemin and two from Blocked number. You decide to call taemin before he starts to worry. The phone rings twice then " Morning Chung Ae. And happy birthday. Hows it feel to be 20 old lady." he says then laughs. " thank you," you reply " and your older than me so your an old man." "I am but I'm y too so that takes away the oldness."he says with a laugh," I'll be over in an hour don't eat any thing, okay. " "Okay well I have to get dressed. So I'll see you when you get here." you reply. "Okay bye." " bye oppa." you say as you hang up your phone, and walk into the bathroom. As you are brushing your teeth you hear a knock at the door you rinse out your mouth and go to open the door "oppa you said you'd be here in an hour." you say thinking it was Taemin but it's not Taemin it's " Kai, what are you doing here, how do you know where I live? You spit out.  "I just wanted to see you tell you happy birthday." he says moving closer to you."and I'm sorry I hurt you and I want you back Chung Ae." he says pulling you in closer forcefully kissing you. You try to push him away but he's too strong. "Kai stop!" you manage to yell out, he loosens his grip  so you are able to push him away. "leave now!" you tell him.  " your going to regret this . But don't worry you'll see me again. He says as he step out of your apartment.  "I don't think I am." you say as you slam the door in his face. You go back to what you were doing. In the bathroom but you can't stop thinking about what he said, you'll regret this, those words replay in your mind for an hour until you get a call from Taemin telling you to open the door. When you do you see him standing there in one hand a bag of food and in the other Starbucks. "Your a lifesaver." you say out of exhaustion. You pull him in for a hug he hugs you back and whispers in your ear ." happy birthday." and gives you a soft gentle kiss in the cheek.you smile and thank him. The two of you sit down to eat breakfast.  You discus the plans for the day. After breakfast you go into you room and grab your phone and wallet and bring it with you. "to the outside world " Taemin says as standing by the door with a finger pointed in the air. The both of you are laughing as you walk down the hall to the  elevators. "so what all have you done today." you ask him. "Nothing, called you, got food, came here . Now that I think about it, my day has been revolved around you."he says with a smile. "You know you love it."you reply. "You can say that, what about you what trouble have you gotten yourself into today?" he says. You think about what had happened earlier, you knew if you told him what Kai did, Taemin be pissed, so you lie. " nothing talked to you, spent time with you, annoyed you. Other than that nothing."   "We spend to much time  together." he replies. "You love being around me and you know it." you say as the doors open. The both of you smile as you step out the elevators at your comment. Now of to your day with your friends, movies and lunch.  LATER THAT DAY...  Taemin said he had a surprise for you but for the past two hour you have been blindfolded so you can't tell where your going but who knows. So for now your stuck in a car and you don't know where your going. "Your not trying to kill me are you?" you say "If I was I would have done it this morning." He says. The ride didn't take much longer. When the car stops Taemin tells you to take off you shoes. He doesn't say why  but you find out soon. You can hear the the waves the minute he opens the  door. He leads you to the Beach as you walk you feel the cool sand in-between you toes. You hold on tight to Taemin arm to steady your self. You walk for about two minutes before you get to take off the blindfold ..to dee a candle lite table. Taemin grabs your hand and brings you towards the table and pulls out a chair for. "Oppa wow, it's amazing." You say. "So you like it?" "I love it!" you say when you notice that he got the other member to help out. Key and Minho wearing white button up shirts with bow ties. Onew cooking in a chef uniform. And Jonghyun as a dj " Nice touch." you say as you look at Taemin. "really, they seem to be annoying." He says. Dinner was nice filled with lots of laughs.  *LISTEN TO BABY STEPS -TTS* Taemin stands up and grabs your hand  pulling you to your feet and moving a  little bit away from the table pulling you close and  seeing from side to side to the beat of the music. Such a magical night but the one thing that is on your mind is why he stayed away for so long. So you ask. "Oppa why did you leave?" " I don't know , I guess I couldn't help seeing you with him." He replys " What?" "Your all I care about, your my everything, I love you. I've always loved you. I tried to be happy for you. It just hurt too much. You don't know how may times I just wanted to,to" "to what?" you cut him off.  " to do this..." he says as he places his lips on yours, kissing you passionately. As he runs his hand up your back to your face pulling you closser than usual. Makeing you feel wanted again, loved again. You move your hands across his chest the more he kisses you. Everything everyone disappearing except you and him."Chung Ae be mine?"he says. And you reply with nothing nothing but a nod and a kiss. A kiss that will keep you forever.