A New Member?!

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Semi P.O.V

As soon as we stepped into JYP's office the three of us instantly noticed a girl sitting in one of the seats in front of his desk. She turned around in her chair and stood up to bow to us. She was somewhat short, but still stood taller than Nami. Her hair was long and dyed a light brown. Her eyes were warm as she smiled at us. We bowed back, trying to hide our confusion.

"Sit down girls, I have something important to tell you." We followed orders and the other girl sat down as well. JYP continued talking. "Nami, whatever song you're working on right now, I want you to stop."

"Ah...I promised 15&'s Jimin-ah..." Nami trailed off when JYP held up a hand. 

"Give whatever you have done to me and I'll finish it for her. She'll understand. I have a new job for you. I need you to write a song for a four member girl group."

"Four members?" Jimin asked.

"Is Miss A making a comeback?" Nami asked hesitantly. I could tell by her tone she had picked up on something I hadn't. And her question was  hopeful, like she didn't want what she suspected to come true.

"No," JYP smiled. "KraZ is now a four membered group."

Silence.

I was the first to react. Nodding over to the other girl, I spoke up. "Is she..."

JYP nodded. "Girls, meet Choi Hyun Mi, the fourth member of KraZ. The addition of Hyun Mi will begin your steps to the full album. Three member girl groups aren't the big thing, 4 is a good and even number. Nami, I need you to write a song that will be an explosive debut for Hyun Mi into the group. Hyun Mi herself has written a solo song that will be included in the album as well. You all will get a solo song for the album.

"After this meeting, I want you four to go down to practice room number 3 to watch Hyun Mi's song. She's been preparing well for you three."

"What about the song we're promoting right now?" Jimin asked. I was shocked to hear her voice take on a hard tone. 

"I'm going to need Nami to fix it to be a four person song and you guys will have to re-record it for the album. Your live promotions will be halted as well. The main goal is to release a follow-up track quickly."

Next to me, Nami tensed and let out a breath through her nose. "Is that all?" 

JYP nodded. "Yup that's it. Now head on down to the practice room." He smiled at us, seemingly unaware of the sudden tense atmosphere in the room. "Oh! Hyun Mi will need to share a room with one you in the dorm. Just until we can figure out a better arrangement."

Jimin and Nami sat quietly. I smiled awkwardly. "She can room with me," I announced.

"Thank you Semi-ssi. Alright, now you all can go. Nami send me samples of the song as you start the process." 

The maknae nodded and then stood up to leave quickly. Jimin followed right after her. I stood up and bowed and then put on a friendly smile for Hyun Mi. She smiled back up at me and then followed me out of the office. In the hallway, I looked over at her. "Hello, I'm Lee Semi. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too!" She grinned then motioned to Nami and Jimin who were a few steps ahead. "Are they always so cold?"

I laughed awkwardly. "No...it's uh, hard to explain but they're just a little thrown off. They'll warm up to you soon." I hope. 

In the elevator, Jimin pushed the third floor button to take us to the practice room. Half way there, the doors opened and Mark, Jackson, and JB climbed in with us. We greeted them and JB quickly noticed Hyun Mi.

"Who's this?" He asked. 

"Our new member, Hyun Mi," I explained. She quickly introduced herself and explained how she was going to show us her song. 

"That's awesome," Mark replied. "Could we see too?"

Hyun Mi's eyes lit up and she nodded. "Of course!"

I was quick to notice the hopeful glance she threw towards Jackson. Thankfully, an already angry maknae did not.

Jimin P.O.V

I was not thrilled. I had nothing against Hyun Mi. She seemed really sweet. But JYP knew how important this three member group was to me and Nami and now he's adding someone we don't even know to the mix. I already knew Nami was pissed beyond belief. Jackson seemed to notice too because he kept trying to elicit a laugh from her but was faced with failure. Mark stepped up next to me as we walked towards the studio.

"You and Nami aren't very good at hiding your anger." 

"I know," I replied. "And I'll feel bad later. Just let me be miserable for an hour." 

Mark smiled and then jogged ahead to catch up with Jackson and Nami. 

In the practice room, the back up dancers were already waiting. Hyun Mi wandered into the middle of the room and the rest of us sat on the bench. Our new member turned to us and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name Choi Hyun Mi. The song I prepared is something I wrote and choreographed to hopefully prove that I am a good asset to join KraZ. Please watch it well." 

We clapped and then the dancers took their place. One of them started the music and then raced to her position as the song started. It was an upbeat song with fun lyrics. The dance was well put together and eye catching. JB and Mark were tapping their feet to it and I noticed Jackson drumming his fingers on his leg to the song. Semi looked really impressed and intrigued. I snuck a peek over to Nami and she looked grudgingly respectful. I tried to keep my face open and light. 

At the bridge, a male dancer put Hyun Mi up on his shoulder and I had to admit, it was quite the production. 

 

When it finished the dancers and Hyun Mi were breathing heavily and we all clapped. I watched Hyun Mi's face light up as Jackson whistled and clapped. Her eyes went straight to him as she beamed. Was she...? No..

I peeked over and Nami wasn't even looking. Thank God. Semi pointedly cleared and when I looked over she gave me a look that said she was aware of it too. This was not going to end well. 

"Well, what did you all think?" 

"That was really good," JB said. "You have good showmanship. Your rapping it also really good!"

"The transitions were really smooth and the dance was eye catching. It's a great performance," Mark added.

"Thank you," Hyun Mi replied. "But I really want to know what Jackson sunbaenim thinks." Semi groaned almost inaudibly and I looked over quicly to see Nami looking up as well.

Jackson blinked and pointed at himself. "Me?" Hyun Mi nodded encouragingly. Nami looked at Hyun Mi and took in her happy exterior before looking at Jackson. . She knew. I could feel Semi lean forward over my shoulder to see. Nami looked at us and she could tell by our expressions that we also knew.

"It was awesome," Jackson replied in his usual enthusiastic tone. "Really y and fun." 

Hyun Mi practically erupted in sunshine, she was that happy. Nami stood up suddenly and then exited the room. Mark whistled under his breath. I subtly smacked his arm and shook my head when he looked at me.

Jackson got up too and followed Nami out but Hyun Mi intercepted.

JB leaned over Mark to talk to us. "Does Hyun Mi....like Jackson?"

"I think it's safe to say yes. And this scenario isn't going well..." Mark said.

"Nami's gonna have to get her head in the game and speak up if she wants to be with Jackson though," Semi said. 

I sighed. "Hell would freeze over before that happened. Nami does not like talking about her emotions."

"Hey Jackson," Hyun Mi smiled. "I was thinking, maybe we could hang out and talk sometime. Get to know each other and stuff..."

"Uh," Jackson murmured looking around Hyun Mi as Nami turned the corner. "Sorry, I'm kind of busy right now."

With that he skirted around the new member and out the door. It was JB's turn to whistle under his breath. We quickly seperated as Hyun Mi came over to us. "Is Jackson dating her?"

"Um...no," Mark replied, carefully. "But him and Nami are really close and it's kind of complicated."

"That's Nami? Jang Nami? She doesn't even seem interested though."

"Like Mark said. It's complicated," I spoke. 

Hyun Mi smiled. "Ah, I guess I have no choice but to give up then."

Semi smiled supportingly. "There are other cute guys. You'll get to see them all when we start promoting." She stood up and then ushered Hyun Mi out of the room. Mark, JB, and I followed them out, closing up the dance room as we left.


Alrighty, so here is the first chapter under the reboot. I hope you guys enjoyed it and please, please, please tell me what you thought! I love hearing what you guys think, even if it is criticism haha