Chapter 6: Jihyo's Confession

The Monday Couple Journey

Jihyo's POV

Ah tomorrow is Monday, which means there's Running Man filming tomorrow! How can I let Gary oppa know that I like him too, yet not too obvious? I want to let him figure it out by himself, it's more fun like that! But I really can't think of anything now! Aigoo~

Jihyo started scrolling through her phone mindlessly, when she naturally scrolled to Gary's contact and started reading their messages.

Ah, what should I do? What should-

That's it! *chuckles* It's a little bit childish and still slightly obvious...but well he's Kang Gary, I can't expect him to decipher some password or solve some puzzle!^^

Jihyo then made her way to the kitchen to prepare for the plan...



NEXT DAY:

Gary arrived at the filming location 2 hours before filming started since he had nothing to do. Gil told him to go earlier since the filming location was known for its breathtaking scenery, and Gil was right! Even though it was slightly chilly, it was a serene park, with flowers in full bloom, as if they were welcoming him. The lake was crystal clear, with no litter around him anywhere. He looked into the lake, and could clearly see his reflection. 'Kang Gary, looking good!' Gary praised himself. He certainly did look more dashing lately, maybe because he was a man in love.

Just as he was admiring his suave face in the lake, the Running Man crew arrived to set up the filming equipment and for any last minute preparations.

'Ah Gary-ssi, you're unusually early today! Are you here early to enjoy the scenery?' PD Jay asked.

'Annyeong! What do you mean?! I'm always early for filming! *chuckles* Yep, Gil told me the scenery was amazing here, so I decided to absorb myself in the beauty of nature.' Gary replied him with a look of content.

'Oh, geurae! Filming starts in another 1 hour! Why don't you go on and admire the scenery? We'll call you when it's time!' PD Jay chirped.

'Ah ye, I shall go off on my journey now! See you later!' Gary sung before walking off.

Gary was strolling along the park when he decided to sit down at a bench and admire the scenery on the spot.

'Wow, isn't it amazing how nature can be so beautiful? Omo, look at those little couple birds, they're so sweet together... I wonder if Jihyo and I can ever be like that... Yah yah yah Kang Gary, did you just compare Jihyo and yourself to birds?! Even if you were birds, you'd be the ugly crow and she would be the beautiful dove. Whatever, let me just rest my eyes, I'm feeling a little tired...' and Gary drifted off to his slumberland.

'Oppa, oppa!' Gary heard as he struggled to open his eyes, but failed.

'Yah,Kang Gary!' Jihyo shouted, which caused Gary to stand up immediately and shout 'YES MY PRINCESS?', giving Jihyo a shock. 

'Omo Kang Gary, you gave me a shock!' Jihyo said as she patted her chest.

'Ah mianhae, I was just trying to surprise you...' Gary apologized with a slight pout on his face.

'How can a 34 year old grown man be this cute,  I swear it's illegal!' Jihyo thought to herself while giggling inside.

'Yah oppa, you said my sandwiches were nice, so I made some for you! I only made them for you, so you have to polish them all like you promised!' Jihyo exclaimed.

'Oh jjinja? Gomawo Jihyo-ya! Of course I'll polish them off! It's made by my Monday Girlfriend!' Gary thanked Jihyo with excitement.

'Oh and oppa, I heard you get a rash after eating peanuts? There's one sandwich with peanut butter because I forgot, and I accidentally mixed them up, so open up each and every sandwich before you eat okay?' Jihyo warned Gary.

'Ah peanut butter? Okay, I'll be careful!' Gary said, sounding slightly worried.

Just when Jihyo thought everything was going fine, she saw this tall man approaching them. Too tall.

'Aigoo, he's going to ruin this.' Jihyo panicked as she shouted, 'Yah Lee Kwang Soo! Why are you here so early? Can you grow shorter? What are you so tall for? Ah jjinja.'

'Moya, Jihyo noona! I haven't even greeted you and you're scolding me for nothing. Eyyy! Oh! Gary hyung! Annyeong!' Kwangsoo exclaimed.

Kwangsoo then shifted his eyes from Gary, to the lunchbox Gary was holding, then to Gary, then to Jihyo.

'Are you two... Are you two having a date right now?! Eyy hyung! Share the food!' Kwangsoo blurted.

'Yah Lee Kwang Soo! You little-' Jihyo burst out as she grabbed a sandwich and stuffed it straight into the Giraffe's mouth. 'Yah, go and walk around and don't come back. I need to talk to Gary oppa!' she glared at Kwangsoo.

Kwangsoo then ran away like the timid Giraffe he always was and left Gary and Jihyo alone.

'Ah Jihyo ya, you fed him a sandwich before I even started eating! I don't care, my Monday Girlfriend must feed me!' Gary pouted like a kid, shooting aegyo at Jihyo.

'You're such a kid! Okay fine, but check whether you got the peanut butter one first! I don't want you getting rashes!' Jihyo warned Gary for the second time.

Gary listened to Jihyo and opened one sandwich up. It wasn't peanut butter that's for sure, but Gary got a shock. The jam was spread in the shape of a heart. Gary blushed a little and pretended nothing was wrong.

'Ah this is strawberry jam, feed me Jihyo!' Gary said as he opened his mouth wide, trying to hide the blush from his face

'Yah! Did I see what I just saw? Was that a heart? Were my eyes playing tricks on me? But.. but, I'm sure it was a heart! Let me open the other sandwiches first.' Gary was trying to figure it out.

'Did I forget to spread a jam heart on that sandwich? Why didn't Gary oppa have any reaction? Alright there are more sandwiches, its okay!' Jihyo thought.

Gary opened up another sandwich,and there it was again! It was another heart! Gary stuffed that into his mouth and asked Jihyo, 'Yah Jihyo-yah what do all these hearts mean?'

'Oh oppa, I was just bored yesterday making the sandwiches, so I decided to do some art on them!' Jihyo replied to make it less suspicious.

'Ah jjinja? Are you sure... you aren't confessing your love to me *chuckles*' Gary asked again.

'Sure oppa sure, whatever you say!' Jihyo replied.

'Gulp! Jihyo didn't say it wasn't a confession, she always scolded me or hit me when I asked her things like that. Does it mean...' Gary was snapped out of his thoughts when Jihyo exclaimed 'Yah oppa, the PDs are calling us! Let's go back!'

Jihyo then grabbed Gary's hand and started running towards the filming location. They looked like a couple in a Korean drama, just that Jihyo was the male lead, pulling Gary, the female lead, along.

'Thump thump, thump thump. Jihyo, do you like me too?'


Author: Hi guys!!! First off, I am REALLY THANKFUL for all the support and views (it's over 1000 wow!) I never expected my fanfic to get so much love from you guys, and I am really touched that you guys like my fanfic! I'll update this fic on Monday/ Tuesday I guess! Now that Jihyo has confessed, what would Gary do?? Hmm stay tuned to find out!! Do give me some comments! Gomawo~

P.S Gary isn't allergic to peauts:) Annyeong!