Chapter 15: Separation

The Monday Couple Journey

Baek Chang Joo sat in his black leather swivel chair obnoxiously, spinning slightly as he saw Jihyo enter and talk to his assistant.

‘Finally here to fix some things Jihyo? I knew you would come to me sooner or later’ Baek Chang Joo thought to himself with a smirk.

‘Baek Chang Joo-ssi, I’m here to talk to you about what happened yesterday. May I know the reason for you cancelling my shoot yesterday? I don’t think I did anything wrong?’ Jihyo questioned.

‘You did something real wrong dear, and that was falling in love with your Gary oppa instead of me. I don’t even understand why you would choose a struggling musician over a highly successful CEO who is yours truly. Since you can’t make the correct decision by yourself, I decided to do you a favour and help you make the right choice.’ Baek Chang Joo explained, himself full of conceit.

Jihyo rolled her eyes as Baek Chang Joo was walking behind her.

‘I knew that by cancelling your shoot, you would have no choice but to finally come here and talk to me. Here, I’m giving you an ultimatum. Kang Gary, or your career. You’re a smart lady, Jihyo. You know what’s the best choice for your future.’ Baek Chang Joo stated with an overbearing confidence.

‘Baek Chang Joo-ssi, I-‘ Jihyo was interrupted by a loud bang through the door before she could finish her sentence.

‘Yah! You filthy bastard, how dare you do such a thing to Jihyo just because you can’t have her?!’ The man who barged in raged as he rained punches on Baek Chang Joo.

The man was in a leather jacket, dark blue jeans, black sneakers, and it was a familiar silhouette. Too familiar. The ‘SSANG’ cap confirmed his identity and Jihyo sprung to her feet to try to stop the fight.

‘Let go of him! Let go of him!’ Jihyo screamed, but it fell on deaf ears of the man who continued pounding the ‘bastard’ on the floor.

‘KANG GARY! LET GO NOW!’ Jihyo screamed once again, and Gary seemed to have finally heard her voice as he loosened his grip on Baek Chang Joo’s collar.

‘Jihyo, are you okay? Did this man do anything to you?’ Gary asked with concern as he held Jihyo’s wrists with tender care. However, his lovely gesture was met with Jihyo flinging his hands away, and her angry eyes met his.

‘How could you beat him up like that?! What is wrong with you?’ Jihyo quivered, and she sounded as if she was on the verge of tears. She rushed to Baek Chang Joo to check on his injuries, and given that Gary was a professional boxer in his early days, it was a pretty ugly situation.

‘Kang Gary, I never knew you were a man like that! How could you be so violent towards a person?! I know you’re angry but this is not warranted! This is wrong!’ Jihyo shouted.

‘I was only trying to protect you, trying to stand up for you and this is what I get in return? Song Jihyo, I never knew you were this ungrateful!’ Gary’s voice trembled, feeling wronged. ‘I should have known you were a woman like that, willing to give up your love for your work, and willing to betray yourself for your career-‘

‘SHUT UP!’ Jihyo screamed in Gary’s face before landing a slap on his cheek. Streaks of red could be seen appearing on his cheek seconds after the slap, causing tears to well up in Gary’s eyes. ‘How could you say things like that? I never want to see you again Kang Gary!’ Jihyo screamed as she broke down and tears started to stream down her milky white cheeks.

Gary looked at Jihyo for a few seconds, with a mixture of anger, jealousy, and unfortunately, hatred, and stomped out of the office. Baek Chang Joo, still on the floor, starting laughing to himself.

‘These few punches were all it took for you to leave him? Seems like your ‘love’ was weaker than I expected. To think I had a few more tricks up my sleeve, what a pity.’ Baek Chang Joo said as he struggled to get up.

Jihyo rushed to help him up to his seat, before wiping away her tears.

‘I’m so sorry for what just happened, he was never like this before. Never this… this monstrous…’ Jihyo’s voice trembled again. ‘Sorry, I need to go now’ Jihyo said before she ran out of the office.

‘Now that Jihyo’s single again, I can finally make her mine…’ Baek Chang Joo said to himself with an unbearable air of confidence.


Author’s Note: Hi guys! Hope you guys liked the drama going on in this chapter! Oh man, seems like things have taken a turn for the worse in this chapter. Are Jihyo and Gary officially over, or will they overcome this and become stronger? And what about Baek Chang Joo? Find out in the next chapter, so subscribe so you don’t miss out the next chapter! Thanks for all the support guys!