Chapter 13: Revelation

The Monday Couple Journey

‘Hey Jihyo! Do you want me to pick you up for Running Man filming today? I’m near your house now!’ Gary spoke into his mobile phone.
 

‘Oh oppa~’ A drowsy Jihyo replied. ‘Oh, I just woke up, mind getting me some breakfast too?’ jihyo replied with a yawn.

‘You’re still sleeping? You’re such a heavy sleeper! Alright, I’ll get you some nice breakfast okay! See you in a few minutes, my love!’ Gary chirped as he hung up.
 

Ugh, I better get up now, if not I’ll be late- I’ll be late for… Jihyo dozed back into her sleep.
 


Gary reached Jihyo’s apartment and went up to her unit sneakily as he didn’t want anyone to know that he was visiting Jihyo.

*ding dong*

There was no response.

*ding dong ding dong*

After Gary stood outside Jihyo’s house for a good minute, he could finally hear some hurried footsteps racing to the door. Jihyo then opened the door with her signature Ms Mong face, but what was not so ‘mong’ was her outfit. Gary stood in front of her door, stunned, looking at Jihyo’s one piece translucent nightie laced with pink lace which complemented her figure so well. Upon seeing Gary take a huge gulp, Jihyo realised the reason behind his gulp.

‘Omy oppa!’ Jihyo shrieked as she ran to her bathroom. ‘Make yourself at home!’

Gary sat on the couch, looking a little disoriented and obviously still in shock, pleasant shock. After getting over his shock, he went to set up breakfast for the both of them.

‘Americano for Mongji, and Caramel Macchiato for Gaelly. Pancakes for both of us!’ Gary sung as he went over to Jihyo’s pancakes to decorate them. Jihyo had 4 pancakes, and on the lowest pancake, he wrote ‘Jihyo’ with a heart beside it using the chocolate syrup he brought. He then placed another piece on top, writing ‘You’. The second piece had a heart shape, while the first had an ‘I’. Gary planned for Jihyo to see ‘I Love You Jihyo <3’ when she ate the pancakes.

After a few minutes, Jihyo came out properly dressed and freshened up, and sat at the table where Gary was waiting for her.

‘Oh oppa, pancakes! Thank you oppa!’ Jihyo quipped.

Gary replied with a ‘Welcome’, although mindlessly, as he was more focused on Jihyo’s expression. To his horror, however, Jihyo just sliced through her four pieces of pancakes and ate the pancakes like it was a birthday cake, ruining Gary’s hard work. Jihyo apparently saw the look on his face change 180 degrees.

‘Oppa, what’s wrong? You look pale…’ Jihyo asked concerned.

‘Oh it’s nothing…’ Gary replied. ‘Anyway, let’s finish up our breakfast and proceed to filming!
 



‘Oh! Yonghwa’s here again! Wow, Yonghwa has been on Running Man so many times, he’s been termed the 8th Running Man member already!’ Jaesuk chirped as he introduced Yonghwa as the guest.

‘Here are the groups for today. Yoo Jaesuk-ssi, Ji Sukjin-ssi will be the Yellow Team. Kim Jongkook-ssi and Haha-ssi, Green Team. Lee Kwangsoo-ssi, Jung Yonghwa-ssi, Blue Team. Song Jihyo-ssi, Gary-ssi, Red Team.’ PD Jay announced, followed by shouts of complains from Jaesuk and Jongkook, ‘They are burdens!’. The teams, however were set, and each team was given their own team clothes and they set off to their first mission location together on a bus.

On the bus, Gary and Jihyo sat together as everyone was sitting in their pairs. Soon enough, the bus was filled with chatter and laughter, especially since Yonghwa felt like a part of the Running Man family. Kwangsoo then looked out of the bus, and let out a long ‘Eyyyy’. Everyone looked out of the bus too and saw their greatest horror, a mudflat. More shouts of complains ensued, with the members complaining about how mud was used every episode. Sukjin even exaggerated and said he dreamt about swimming in mud for 3 nights consecutively. In a minute, they all got off the bus and trudged towards the mudflat.

‘Jihyo-ya, be careful later okay. It’s going to get rough, whatever we’re-‘ Gary said, and got interrupted by Jihyo.

‘Ya-oppa, I may even be stronger than you, don’t worry about me! I’m Song Jihyo, Running Girl! Let’s go have fun!’ Jihyo assured.

After the Running Man members reached the filming spot, PD Jay started giving out instructions.
‘Everyone, we will be playing, Mudflat Photozone. When the time is up, a picture will be snapped of the people standing on the platform. Both team members must be on the platform facing the camera to complete the mission. 2 wins to win the game. Winners of each mission will advantageous in the final mission.’

With the instructions being given out and the with the whistle being blown, all four teams rushed up to the platform, ultimately having Kwangsoo and Yonghwa winning the first round.

With the second round’s whistle being blown, each team except the Monday Couple rushed up to the platform. They let the other teams fight it out on the platform first. They went to opposite sides of the platform, and proceeded to pull Jaesuk, Sukjin and Haha off the platform. With the platform empty, both Gary and Jihyo rushed to get onto the platform, while fending off the other members who were trying to pull them down as well. As they both got on to the platform, back facing each other, they spun around, wanting to help each other up.

As they spun around, their eyes met, and not only their eyes, but their lips accidentally did too. They seemed to magically find their ways towards each other’s lips. Even though they have kissed quite a fair bit, this kiss was special and different from the others. After hearing a ‘chik’, signalling that the picture was taken, and also ‘oooohs’ from the Running Man members, their lips finally parted and both of them blushed and intense shade of red.

‘YA! WAS THAT ON PURPOSE?’ screamed Haha excitedly.

‘Omo, look at how badly they’re blushing, eyyy.’ Kwangsoo teased, only to receive a kick in the chest from Jihyo.

As they looked at the camera, it was a clear shot of the accidental kiss between the Monday Couple. Gary was trying to hide his grin as Jihyo hit him on the head. After whispering something into Jihyo’s ears, and Jihyo nodding, Gary requested the PDs to turn off the cameras for a moment.

‘Guys, sorry to have been keeping this from you for such a long time, but…’ Gary said as he slid towards Jihyo, and continued, ‘Jihyo and I are dating.’

The members were first shocked and surprised, but eventually congratulated the Monday Couple, wishing them all the best. Haha even winked at them and ask them to give Dream (Haha’s son) a play buddy.

The games continued and after the final mission, which was Name Tag elimination. The final mission was won by Jongkook and Haha, who won 2 gold bars each. As they all prepared to go home, Haha suggested that they go get some supper and celebrate the birth of the Everyday Couple. Everyone agreed and decided to go to a nearby BBQ restaurant, until Jihyo said she felt a little unwell.

‘Jihyo feels unwell, Gary you should send her home. After all, you’re her boyfriend!’ Sukjin teased like a 12 year old kid.

‘Hyung! Stop it! You guys go enjoy on your own alright, I’ll fetch Jihyo home. Have fun guys, bye!’ Gary said as he and Jihyo waved goodbye.
 



After reaching Jihyo’s home, Gary went to make hot tea for Jihyo as she went to brush up. As she came out and prepared to sleep, Gary went to give her her hot tea.

‘Yeobo, I’m sorry we didn’t win just now, Jongkook hyung just pinned me to the wall, I couldn’t do anything.’ Gary apologised.

‘It’s okay, oppa! We did win! We finally told the members of our relationship which was a huge stone lifted off my heart.’ Jihyo said with a smile. ‘Besides… I got to kiss you in public! I love you, oppa. Can you sleep here tonight?’ Jihyo asked.

‘But I don’t have my pyjamas or anything with me…’ Gary replied.

‘Gwenchanna, I have some huge t-shirts which you can wear as pajamas!’ Jihyo replied.

‘But what about my pants, after being in mud and sweating, I’m scared I smell…’ Gary replied.

‘It’s okay, I like your scent!’ Jihyo replied and started singing Gary’s song, Your Scent, making Gary smile with his gummy smile.

‘Okay, I’ll go get a bath first! Give me 2 minutes! I won’t bathe longer than that because I’ll miss you!’ Gary said as he puckered his lips playfully.

Jihyo then planted her lips on Gary’s lips, to Gary’s surprise, and pushed him into the bathroom for him to take his bath. She proceeded to lie on her bed and thought, ‘What did I do to receive such a huge blessing in my life? But… even though I’m really happy with Gary… there’s still Baek Chang Joo… Hope that nothing happens...’, and she drifted off to sleep.

Little did Jihyo know, Baek Chang Joo was already planning the next step to ruin the relationship between Gary and Jihyo, making sure that he becomes Jihyo’s boyfriend…
 


Will Gary and Jihyo be able to withstand this obstacle brought by Baek Chang Joo? Stay tuned for the next update!!

 


Author's Note: Hi guys! I'm finally back with an update!! I am really so sorry for being inactive or so long! Anyway, hope that you guys like this chapter! Will update more often now that my papers are over! Please give your comments and any suggestions if you have any! Will put them in my fanfic if they fit into my story! Kamsahamnida!!