Chapter 8: We're In Love

The Monday Couple Journey

'Song Jihyo, will you be my girlfriend?'

It was Gary, in a black shirt and black leather jacket, dark jeans, and again, his signature LeeSsang cap. He was holding a bouquet of flowers, and was looking at Jihyo with pleading eyes.

'Gary oppa!' Jihyo exclaimed as she ran into Gary's embrace.

'Of course I will, Gary oppa!' Jihyo accepted Gary's confession feeling like the luckiest woman on the planet at the moment.

'Yah Song Jihyo! I love you!' Gary exclaimed.

'Kang Gary, I love you too.' Jihyo said as she went in closer, and gave Gary a peck on his cheek. When she came back up, she saw Gary with his cheeky smile and his cheeks were of an intense shade of red.

'Yah, let's go into your house first, it'll be bad if anyone sees us.' Gary hurried into Jihyo's house.

'Oppa, my place is so secluded who would see us. The first few times you came, you got lost, remember?' Jihyo teased.

'But the paparazzi are really good at catching celebrities! Ah whatever! Jihyo-ah, are you really willing to be my girlfriend? I mean...well you're really pretty and beautiful while I'm not the best looking guy around...' Gary asked Jihyo.

'Yah Kang Gary, if you think I'm someone who only goes for looks then I think you don't know me well enough! Kang Gary, I love your charm, your personality, your humor. Besides, I think you're quite handsome, oppa.' Jihyo boosted Gary's ego.

'Ah geurae?' Gary chirped after getting praised by his girlfriend. 'Are you hungry? I brought some cake along!'

'Ah yes oppa! Oh and oppa, how did you come here from your house in such a short time? It takes about 45 minutes right? You took less than 3 minutes after I called you!' Jihyo asked Gary. It was indeed weird how Gary rushed to her house in such a short time.

'Oh about that... I was at the 24 hour cafe near here, waiting for your call. I was hoping you would listen to the song tonight and that you'd call me after that. Even though you called a little later than expected, you still did! I guess out hearts beat as one huh Jihyo^^' Gary explained. 

'Oppa, you waited for me in the cafe for so long? Wah, Kang Gary is so charming~' Jihyo praised him again.

'Ah stop it, you're making me blush...' Gary said as he blushed again. Jihyo loved seeing him smiling and blushing, and she loved it especially since his blushing accentuated his cheekbones, making him more good looking than usual.

'Jihyo, do you know that I was in love with you since you joined Running Man as a permanent member? First, your beauty mesmerized me, then I saw through your exterior, and saw the strong girl that you were, and that really made me love you. Jihyo, I'm really happy that you are willing to accept me as your   boyfriend, and I promise- no, I swear I will do best as your boyfriend. Jihyo, gomawo~' Gary bore his heart to Jihyo.

It was now Jihyo's turn to blush. 'Ah oppa, you liked me from so long ago, you're making me embarrassed, aigoo' Jihyo replied as she poked at her cake. 'Gary oppa, I promise to love you with all my heart, and that I will do my best as your girlfriend! I promise, my love!'

Gary and Jihyo talked through the night about how they felt about each other, and talked about all the Monday Couple moments they had during Running Man. After all, they were too excited to sleep after acknowledging each others love. However, being the mature adults and being the popular celebrities they were, their conversation slowly shifted to a more serious tone, discussing the problems that may arise between them.

'Oppa, you know I can't reveal our relationship now right? It's against my company contract... I know you would want the whole world to know that we're in love, but... mianhae, oppa...' Jihyo sounded a little worried.

'Jihyo, it doesn't matter if the world knows we're in love, it doesn't matter if no one knows. What matters the most is that you know that I love you and that I know you love me, that's enough yeobo, that's enough.' Gary reassured Jihyo.

'Oppa, gomawo,  you are really sweet and thoughtful, its no wonder I'm in love with you.' Jihyo looked at Gary endearingly and said.

'Ah Jihyo, if I'm not sweet and caring to you? Who can I be sweet to? Yeobo, whatever happens, please remember that your man Kang Gary is here for you!' Gary said as he hit his buff chest.

'*giggles* Okay okay, gomawo oppa! *yawns* Ah oppa, I have a little request...'  Jihyo said.

'Ah, as long as its within my means, you cant count on me, yeobo!'Gary claimed.

'Oppa, can you sleep with me tonight?' Jihyo requested.

'Sleep-sleep with you? Jihyo ah, we haven't dated officially for 1 day and you want to bring it to the next level so quickly? Jihyo ah, you sure have a wild side to you! I'm not prepared, Ji-' Gary's reply was interrupted with a smack on his head.

'Yah! Kang Gary, you are such a byuntae(ert)! Yah! I meant sleep  here with me innocently, not that way!' Jihyo's cheeks were red as tomatoes.

'Ah, mianhae Jihyo, I- I guess I am a byuntae^^ Haha! Of course Jihyo, let's sleep now, its 3am. Thank goodness we both don't have schedules tomorrow. Let's have some a nice date tomorrow okay! I've got some ideas already! I'll sleep here on your couch while you sleep on your bed okay!' Gary said.

'Okay oppa, let's wash up first. I have an new toothbrush in my cupboard, let me get it for you.' Jihyo replied while yawning.

After Jihyo went to get the toothbrush, both of them went to the bathroom to wash up. Looking in the mirror and brushing their teeth together, they looked like a married couple already.

'Ah oppa, I forgot about the cake, I'm going to wash the plate first before I sleep.'

Jihyo and Gary were near the table while holding hands, and when Jihyo wanted to get the plate, she accidentally tripped over her carpet, and she held onto
Gary as she did. They both landed on the couch, with their faces less than a few centimeters away.

Their eyes stared deep into each other's eyes., and Gary naturally inched forward, and placed his lips onto Jihyo's lips. It was a kiss of love, not of lust, and after a while, they broke away from the kiss, both blushing and smiling.

'Yah Jihyo, sleep on my lap. Oppa has been working out, my thighs should be more comfortable than your pillows. We'll clear up tomorrow.' Gary said while acting manly.

'Arasso oppa, good night yeobo' Jihyo said as she lay on Gary's lap and closed her eyes.

Gary admired Jihyo as he brushed away Jihyo's hair from her face. Even though Gary always saw her sleeping on breaks during Running Man, this was the first time it was so close up, and the first time he's seeing it as her boyfriend. He looked at Jihyo and smiled endearingly, and thought 'What did I do in my previous life to be this lucky?'. He then drifted off to dreamland with Jihyo on his lap, knowing that when they wake up, a great day awaits them.

Or was it going to be a day that great after all?

 


Author: New chapter guys! Please do leave your comments, I'll be very thankful! Also, I will try to update more often! Gomawo~~