Chapter 4: Subtle Love

The Monday Couple Journey

After the filming for Episode 16 

Gary’s POV:

Should I text Jihyo? I mean, she was the one who announced that Monday Couple was official, I should try to get closer to her. *giggles* I’m so glad that Jihyo is fine with being an on-screen couple with me! Even though I’m sure she doesn’t like me for real, I’m happy enough to be able to spend more time with her by being in this love line. *giggles (again)* Kang Hee Gun, you must really like her to be giggling like a little girl, don’t you?

I picked up my phone and started finding Jihyo’s name in my contact list.

‘J, I, H, Y,O’. What? There’s no result?! Oh that’s right, I don’t have Jihyo’s contact number, I didn’t ask her for it. Ah Kang Gary, you’re really stupid. STRESS! Hm.. let me ask Jaesuk hyung for Jihyo’s number.

Conversation thread on Gary's phone: 

To: Jaesuk Hyung

Gary : Hyung! Gary here! Do you have Jihyo’s number? If you do, can you text me her number? Gomawo!

After sending the message, I went to grab a drink and sunk into my couch for a little relaxing time. Flipping a newly bought magazine, something grabbed my attention.

‘Is this Jihyo? It is! Wow, look at her skin, her skin is so fair and milky! Her legs are so slim and long. Jihyo’s not only pretty in pictures, but also beautiful in real life! I’m so lucky to be her Monday Boyfriend!’ I gave a cheeky grin to myself.

*Beep Beep*

Jaesuk Hyung : Gary ah, why do you need Jihyo’s number for? Is loving her on Mondays not enough? You want to love her on other days as well? ;)

This Jaesuk hyung always teasing me and his dongsaengs, but he really takes good care of us.

Gary: Anni! I just want to ask her something! Hyung, ppalli!

Do I sound desperate? Hope not!

*Beep Beep*

Jaesuk Hyung: Arasso arasso! Aigoo! You’re so impatient!

Gary: Ah gomawo, hyungnim!

*Beep Beep*

Oh! Jihyo’s number! What should I save her name as? Jihyo? Mong Ji? Mongji <3? The heart makes it too suspicious! Mong Ji it is!

Conversation thread on Gary's phone: 

To: Mong Ji

Gary: Jihyo-ya, Gary oppa here. Can I call you? I need to ask you something ^^

Jihyo: Okay oppa! Give me a while though! I’m going to take a shower!

Oh, Jihyo’s going to take a shower. Let me take a short nap first! I’m so tired.



Jihyo’s POV:

Aish, it’s been 30 minutes and Gary oppa still hasn’t called me. I guess I’ll call him first!

*ringing*

Gary: Yeoboseyo?

Jihyo: Yeoboseyo? Oppa, Jihyo here! You wanted to talk to me?

Gary: JIHYO?! Mianhae! Oppa fell asleep waiting for you to finish your shower!

‘He fell asleep? That’s quite funny ^^

Jihyo: *laughing* Sorry that I took so long in my shower!

Yah Kang Gary, I only took 5 minutes for my shower, you pabo!

Gary:  Moya? Song Jihyo, what are you laughing at!

Jihyo: You sound really funny because you just woke up, oppa!

Gary: Jjinjja? Ah, anyway oppa called you to ask you something! Are you sure you are okay with the Monday Couple love line? Being an actress, being in this love line may harm your image and your career! If you decide not to have this love line, it’s okay! I’ll ask the PDs to edit that scene out! Think through it car-

Jihyo: Yah oppa, can you slow down! You’re talking at the speed of a train! I have no problems with the Monday Couple! I discussed it with my manager unnie and we both agreed that the Monday Couple love line can actually be beneficial in my career, so don’t worry oppa! Thanks for your concern!

Gary: Ah geurae? If you’re okay with it, I’m okay too! After all, I really lo- (Gary wanted to say love you, but stopped midway). I mean, I really like working with you!

Jihyo: Ah jjinja? Me too oppa! You’re really fun to be with! Anyway I’m going to bed already! Good night oppa! The Monday Girlfriend says saranghae! Bye oppa!

Gary: Ah ye ye! Monday Boyfriend says saranghae too! Sleep well Jihyo ya!

End of Conversation

Gary oppa just called me to ask if I’m okay with the Monday Couple love line? Kang Gary is so charming and caring! Okay, off to bed Jihyo!
 


Gary’s POV:

Jihyo doesn’t really like me, she says its for her career only! I guess I should stop thinking that there may be something real which happens within us. But, she said ‘saranghae’ willingly ~ AH KANG GARY! SNAP OUT OF IT! I started slapping my cheeks slightly. My cheeks felt really hot, I guess I was really affected by Jihyo’s aegyo and her ‘saranghae’! Time to sleep, I hope I can dream of Jihyo tonight!
 

 


 

Author: Hi guys! Hope you all have been happy with the story so far! Thank you all so much for the views, comments, and subscribes! My story may not be that good! And I'm sorry if the layout/ formatting of the story is confusing! I'll try to update more , maybe once every 3 days at least until my exams are over:) Thanks everyone! <3