Chapter 5: Monday Couple Texts

The Monday Couple Journey

 

Gary's POV:

Its been 5 months since Running Man started and also this long since Monday Couple started. Now I'm more sure than ever, that I'm in love with Jihyo, the woman who's the other half of the Monday Couple. I'm not very sure about what Jihyo thinks though, but my gut feel tells me that... it tells me that she feels the same way as I feel towards her. Ahh eottoke, would I stand a chance if I told her what I really felt? What should I do? I'm going crazy oh my god! Where's my phone? Ah there it is!

Gary scrolled to Jihyo's contact which was right at the top since he has been texting Jihyo a lot lately.

Oh Jihyo's last seen was 2 minutes ago, I wonder who she was talking to.

*typing*

Gary: Jihyo yah, oppa likes you a lot, what about you? Do you like oppa too, can't you give me some hints! Aish!

*backspace backspace backspace*

Gary has a habit of typing things he wants to say to people but is unable to, and then deleting them afterwards. He felt like he was telling them indirectly at least and felt a little more comforted after doing so.

*typing*

Gary: Jihyo-ya, I really love you-

Jihyo: Oh oppa! I see from your status that you are typing something! Oppa what are you typing!

Gary got a shock from Jihyo's sudden text, as he did not expect her to suddenly come online and due to the shock, he accidentally pressed 'Send'.


'OMG KANG GARY! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO! WHAT- WHAT DID YOU JUST PRESS. OKAY KANG GARY, THINK OF SOMETHING TO SALVAGE THIS MESS OMG'

Jihyo: Oppa? You what?! You love me? Are you making fun of me, oppa? >:(

Is she angry or shocked?! Okay I'll have try to cover this up now!

Gary: Ah Jihyo-ah, you gave me a shock so I pressed Send accidentally! Mianhae! I was trying to say, I really love you-r sandwiches that you made for the Running Man members last filming! They were absolutely delightful! Yum yum!

Okay, great job Kang Hee Gun. You loved her SANDWICHES. Great covering
up, you fool! Her sandwiches didn't even taste that good! But well, I still felt blissful when I ate them! *grins*


Jihyo: ah geurae? I got a shock oppa! Don't scare me like that! You like my sandwiches? I'll make some specially for you next time! Make sure you finish all of them okay!

Gary: ah ye, of course I'll finish it! Anything my Monday Girlfriend makes, I'll polish them off in seconds!

Seems like I can only show my love for her through Monday Couple. Is that good or bad?

Jihyo: Alright oppa, I'll see you again on Monday! Bye! 

Gary: Bye Jihyo!

Jihyo: Offline

Gary: Jihyo ya, when will you ever know that I love you? When can I ever tell you, saranghae?

*backspace backspace backspace*
 



Jihyo loved Gary too, but she was really good at hiding her love for him. After all, she is an actress. Gary on the other hand, isn't the best at concealing his feelings. From blushing, to stammering, to gulping, everything that happened when he interacted with Jihyo just showed the words 'I LOVE JIHYO' written all over his face. Gary thought he would never be able to let Jihyo know how much he loved her, but he didn't have to. Jihyo knew his heart for her each time they had Monday Couple moments. His reactions were too real, he could not have been acting or lying! Kang Gary was a guy who couldn't lie well.



Jihyo's POV:
Was Gary oppa trying to confess? He said he loved my sandwiches? It was such a horrible attempt at covering up his confession! My sandwiches weren't that good either, who was he trying to kid! But that's what makes him so cute, and that's what made me fall so deeply in love with him. What can I do to make him confess to me? I guess I'd just have to make him know that I love him too. Maybe it'll give him the confidence to confess! But I must make it more subtle, so it isn't so suspicious! I want Gary oppa to figure it out by himself! It'll shock him yet make him so happy at the same time!


Author: Hi guys! Another update! Hope you guys understand the layout! Italicised words are thoughts, while normal words are either texts or conversations:)
What will Jihyo do for Gary? Stay tuned for the next update! Will update on Saturday/Sunday! Please do comment/subscribe/upvote! Gomawo~