Chapter 12: Reuniting

The Monday Couple Journey

Author:  Hi guys! I've updated Chapter 11 with a story, so if you haven't read Chapter 11, please read it before you read this chapter! Thanks!


 

Jihyo woke up the next day, with dried up tears at the side of her face. She must have been hurting so much she was crying in her sleep. The first thing she thought about when she opened her eyes was Kang Gary, and the message she sent him yesterday night. She dragged herself to the couch and looked at her phone. There was no reply. Jihyo started crying again. Her tears were real, and full of sadness, unlike the tears she shed in her dramas or movies. Feeling desperate, she picked up her phone and dialled Gary's number.

'Nuguseyo?' The person on the other end of the line greeted.

'Gary oppa? Is that you? It doesn't sound like you...' Jihyo asked.

'Oh Jihyo ah, its me, Gil oppa. Do you want to come over to Gary hyung's house? I think you guys need talk things out. Gary hyung is dead drunk, the most drunk I've ever seen him. Please come over to take care of him, I have a schedule today. Thank you Jihyo!' Gil, the other half of LeeSsang replied.

'Okay Gil oppa... I'll be right there in a minute.' Jihyo replied worriedly.

She threw on a simple T-shirt and some leggings and rushed out of the house. She couldn't care about her dressing when her boyfriend and her were on the verge of breaking up. She stepped on the pedal hard, speeding on the unusually empty streets. After a while, she drove past a place which was familiar to her. It was the place they had their first date. Jihyo felt a tinge of pain in her heart, thinking how things has changed so quickly, for the worse.



In 30 minutes, Jihyo reached Gary's apartment, which usually took 45 minutes to reach. She went up to the door and keyed in the password.

'666454'

*click*

The door opened, and Jihyo invited herself in. As she entered his house, she realized she hasn't been here for quite a while. It was always Gary who went to her house. She realized that Gary was always the one who sacrificed his time for her, taking a 45 minute drive to her house each time, just to see her. Pain struck her again as she couldn't believe how she hurt Gary, even though it wasn't really herf ault. She just felt really bad to be the reason why Gary was hurting. She went in and saw his house in a mess. T-shirts strewn all over, magazines everywhere, cups unwashed. But she didn't mind, she knew this was what the real Kang Gary was like. Wanting to let Gary rest for a while more, she went into his room, and saw his bed unmade. But what caught her attention was his tidy work table. He had so much passion for his work, it was the only place he kept tidy and neat. She saw a scrapbook on the table and flipped it open, and was greeted which newspaper articles. Newspaper articles of herself. It was articles about her winning awards, getting praises for her acting, and more. There were drawings of hearts and kisses beside the articles, making Jihyo smile in bitterness, thinking how much her man must be hurting.

Jihyo went to wake Gary up, hoping to explain to him what happened yesterday.

'Gary oppa? Gary oppa, wake up...' Jihyo said.

Gary opened his eyes slightly, and Jihyo co saw tear drop from his eyes.

'Jihyo? Hahaha, what are- what are you doing here? After what you-you've done to me, you dare to-you dare to appear in front of me?' Gary asked, clearly still in a drunken state.

'Oppa, you're still drunk. I'll get you a warm towel.' Jihyo said as she stood up. Just as she took her first step, Gary yanked on her arm and pulled her back.

'No need for that. You've been a bad girl Song Jihyo, I'm going to punish you.' Gary said as he pushed Jihyo on the bed, preparing to pounce on her like a tiger on its prey.

Jihyo had no chance against Gary. She was a thin girl, against Gary who was a boxer. Gary started to kiss Jihyo hungrily. From her lips, then moving down to her neck, then to her collarbone. Gary went on to the next level, and went on to push his hands into Jihyo's loose T-shirt, giving Jihyo a shock. Even though she loved Gary deeply, she strongly believed that her first time should be given to the man that was her husband. Gary was potential husband material, but since they weren't married, it was a no from Jihyo. With all her might, Jihyo pushed Gary away from her, and gave him a tight slap.

'Yah Kang Gary! That's too much!' Jihyo shouted in anger and embarrassment.

The slap seemed to make Gary sober up, and Gary looked ashamed as he sat up on the bed.

'Jihyo, sorry for disrespecting you... I just... needed to have you. I was drunk and stupid, please forgive me.' Gary then remembered whatever happened last night. 'I'm sorry Jihyo, please leave. I need some time alone.' Gary said as he stood up and proceeded to the bathroom.

Jihyo understood that Gary did that as he was drunk, and forgave him immediately after he apologized. It was now her turn to apologize to him. She rushed to Gary and gave Gary a back hug, and gave him some love he needed from her.

'Oppa please,please let me explain to you what happened yesterday. It’s not fair that you didn't even let me explain, and you just give me the cold shoulder. Oppa...'Jihyo was begging, she couldn't lose Gary.

She could feel Gary's tears fall on her arms slung in front of Gary. Jihyo realized that she has never seen him cry before and just in one day, she seen his tears thrice. Gary turned around and broke free from her embrace. He sunk down on his couch and waited for Jihyo to explain.

In a good 15 minute explanation from Jihyo, Gary didn't speak at all. He just stared blankly into space, avoiding Jihyo's gaze. After Jihyo's explanation, Gary finally spoke.

'Jihyo, I'm sorry but I cannot forgive you for letting him kiss you like that and it hurt me real bad. Please leave.' Gary said as he stood up and walked to the door.

Jihyo's tears started to flow again. Was this the end of their relationship? Was this going to be the end of even their on screen Monday Couple relationship? Jihyo was determined to make Gary forgive her, but maybe today was just not a good day. As she walked solemnly out of Gary’s door, Gary stopped her in her tracks. He returned the backhug Jihyo gave him just now, surprising Jihyo.

‘I love you yeobo. I was just joking with you just now. I’m sorry that I did not listen to your explanation last night. I should have believed in you and I should have known that the man you love was me. I was so foolish and stupid. I’m sorry, and I love you.’ Gary whispered into Jihyo’s ears as he spun her around. This time, he gave Jihyo a kiss on her ear, and a long, deep kiss on her lips.

‘Oppa! You made me so sad and heartbroken just now, and now you’re telling me you’re just joking! You’re so bad!’ Jihyo said as she whacked Gary’s chest.

‘I love you Jihyo, I love you.’ Gary said as he looked into Jihyo’s eyes lovingly.

‘Me too oppa, I love you. Please don't leave me again.’ Jihyo said as she planted a kiss on Gary’s lips.

The  Monday Couple had finally reconciled, and they spent the day together at Gary’s house, eating cup noodles and watching television programmes, just like normal couples lazing around on a Saturday. However, there was still someone in the picture that they forgot about. The man who caused all these trouble, the man who can’t have Jihyo, the man who took all the pictures. Baek Chang Joo.



‘What? You say you saw my Jihyo and Kang Gary hugging and kissing? You mean they’ve made up?! This cannot be…This is impossible… Is their love that strong? I’m going to have to break them up, no matter what it takes. Jihyo is mine. All mine…’


 Author: Hey guys! Hope y'all like this chapter! Yay, the Monday Couple reunited! But with Baek Chang Joo in the picture, things between them are just going to get tougher... Stay tuned for the next chapter guys!

Fun Fact: Gary's password '666454' spells 'MONGJI' if you type it on a phone:)