Just Sugar

Love will be love

Prompt #21 Neighbors

Words: 1775

Oh, my God. HI there! Like I promised I will start posting more now during break. I hope you guys like it. I will try my best to have something for tomorrow too!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See, the day he met Moon Jongup was when everything went downhill. All he wanted to do, really, was help someone in need. He had been out early in the morning to drop off his roommate’s forgotten lunch when he saw a person tripping and stumbling their way out of the elevator with two very heavy looking boxes. So, he did what any decent person would do and offered his help. What he did not expect was the drop dead gorgeous being behind the boxes. All tan and broad shouldered with muscles in places Daehyun did not know you could have muscles in and an adorable shy smile as bright as the North star with warm brown eyes that get cut across by high cheekbones that go along so well with his sharp jawline. That right there, a person to rival any of Michelangelo’s sculptures was what Daehyun did not expect on a mundane Saturday morning.

 

But there he was and Daehyun was there too with his morning breath, messed up hair, wrapped in a bathrobe because all he had on were his boxers and a plain white muscle shirt that had a hole in it. After the pleasantries, finding out that Jongup was his new neighbor, and helping him with his last boxes, Daehyun knew he was a goner. Never in his life had he ever stuttered, blushed, or made a bigger fool out himself than he did within those ten minutes of helping Jongup. By the end of their interaction, Daehyun wanted to hang his head in shame and go into his apartment and never come out.

 

Which he did until Youngjae came home from work and asked him why he was so quiet. “We’ve a new neighbor”, Daehyun said somberly. After a long pause where Daehyun did not continue Youngjae prompted him, “And?” Daehyun took a deep breath and shook his head. “And he’s…gorgeous”, he whispered. “And I feel funny. I don’t know. It was weird. I felt awe when I saw him smile but also like when you get on roller coaster and you feel the drop coming. You know, that funny feeling you get in your tummy because you know you’re about to fall and it’s exciting but also scary, you know? And I just can’t stop like thinking about him, which is ridiculous might I add because I just met him”, he added exasperated.

 

Youngjae, who had been smiling since the beginning, chuckled at his best friend’s love-struck expression. Who knew Daehyun was such a sap. Usually, Daehyun was loud and bold, not well, this shy, quiet person sitting in front of him. “What’s his name?” he asked curiously. “Jongup. Moon Jongup”, Daehyun answered going pink in the cheeks and smiling softly. “Oh, my. Daehyun, are you blushing?” Youngjae almost yelled. He had never seen Daehyun blush over someone before, ever in all his twelve years of knowing him. Daehyun only glared at him and huffed. “Well, did you ask him out?” Youngjae asked him. Daehyun had simply let out this weird, high-pitched whine. “I’ll take that as a no, then”, Youngjae muttered. Daehyun groaned in agreement.

 

“Well, I think you should, Daehyun”, Youngjae said encouragingly before making comfort food for both of them.

 

*

 

So, that was how Daehyun found himself where he was at the moment. Almost a week after meeting Jongup, Daehyun was outside his door with a plain white V-neck, plaid pajamas, and white socks, with a mug in hand and minty fresh breath. Oh, yeah and his heart was in his throat beating a thousand miles per hour and his stomach flopping all over the place and he was feeling weak in the knees. He felt faint. God, he better not faint…or throw up. Maybe he should just go back into his apartment.

 

As soon as that thought struck, he felt his phone vibrate.

 

Don’t even try to back out. I locked the front door and you don’t have your keys so you either go into his apartment for sugar (hah, that's funny) or I won’t open the door for you. Good luck.

 

Daehyun felt a weird sense of gratitude and irritation towards his best friend at the moment but he decided to go through with the plan. After all, it was just asking for a cup of sugar…

 

He raised his fist and gave four knocks on the door. That was it. There was no turning back now. He waited for the door to open, holding the mug tighter in his grip and chewing at his bottom lip, a nervous mess. The door opened and… . Daehyun should’ve thought this through because he clearly had not. If he could barely handle a fully clothed, fully awake Jongup, what in the world made him think he could handle being in the presence of a sleepy, half Jongup. Well, more than half .

 

Daehyun couldn’t help the heat that pooled at his cheeks and the roaming of his eyes over the other’s body. Jongup was shirtless and bottomless except for his boxer briefs that were so freaking skintight Daehyun lost all function. “Oh, uh, good morning”, Jongup said huskily. And holy sweet baby Jesus, Daehyun just barely held back a small moan. “Yeah, good morning. Sorry, for waking you”, Daehyun said without stuttering for once. “Nah, don’t worry about it”, Jongup replied with a sleepy smile and rubbed at his eyes adorably. Daehyun on the other hand was having a crisis because now he was wondering whether he wanted to tuck Jongup into bed or tackle him into bed.

 

“Well, come on in, it’s a bit cold out there”, Jongup said as he opened the door wider to let him in. Daehyun wobbly walked in. “Thanks. I was just wondering if I could have a cup…” Daehyun trailed off as Jongup stretched in front of him, raising his arms above his head giving Daehyun the most glorious view of all his biceps, triceps, and every other muscle on his frontal anatomy before turning around and giving Daehyun yet another glorious view of his dorsal muscles along with that nice, perky of his.

 

Daehyun was sure he’d died and gone to heaven.

 

But then Jongup looked at him over his shoulder and caught him checking him out and chuckled, so no he was not dead.

 

“A cup of what?” Jongup asked amused. “Huh?” Daehyun responded confused, still in shock at Jongup’s physique. Jongup stopped and sat on the armchair of his sofa. “You were saying you were wondering if you could have a cup, but seeing as your holding tightly to your mug, I’m guessing you mean a cup of something”, Jongup explained with a smile while looking up at him through his eyelashes. Daehyun stood dumbstruck at the sight for a moment before stammering an answer. “A cup of your sugar. Well, not like your sugar but just sugar. Not that – that it isn’t your sugar ‘cause it would be your sugar if its in your kitchen, but you know…just sugar.”

 

Oh, God. Daehyun just wanted to disappear in puff of smoke and forget this ever happened. Daehyun blushed deeply when he heard Jongup laugh softly. “Okay, yeah, I can give you a cup of just sugar, Dae”, he said as he stood and walked towards him. Jongup reached for the mug in his hands and placed one of hand at the bottom of the mug and the other on top of his, lingering there for a moment before gently taking the mug.

 

He waited in the same spot as Jongup moved around the kitchen to give him his cup of sugar. He should try and ask him something, make conversation but he couldn’t. His tongue felt heavy in his mouth and he felt a bit lightheaded. It really didn’t matter much as he saw Jongup walking towards him with the mug full of sugar and a warm smile in place. “Here is your cup of just sugar”, he teased lightly making Daehyun roll his eyes as he blushed again. “Thank you, Jongup”, he said as smoothly as he could.

 

Jongup grinned at him and held his stare. And this was where Daehyun either invited him somewhere or backed out and tried some other time. “I – I should probably head back now. Thank you for the sugar. And sorry again for waking you”, Daehyun said softly as he turned to leave the apartment. “No problem. Anything else you need and I’m here. Don’t feel shy, just ask”, Jongup said the last phrase pointedly. Daehyun tripped over his words and simply rushed out of the apartment and knocked on his own front door.

 

Youngjae opened the door for him with a smile. “So, did you ask him out or something? What happened?” he asked excitedly. “I am an idiot”, Daehyun moaned as he placed the mug of sugar on the countertop. Youngjae rushed over and sat in front of Daehyun. “He opens the door looking freaking adorably sleepy, but like half and y as and then he sees me checking him out and I say something about wanting his sugar and then his sugar not being his sugar but he gives me sugar after placing his hand on top of mine and then he said not to be shy and just ask in this very weird way and I ran out of there”, Daehyun spouted with a look of dismay.

 

When Youngjae didn’t say anything in return, Daehyun looked up questioningly and saw him staring at the mug. “What are you staring at the mug for, Jae?” Daehyun pouted. “What’s that?” he answered as he pointed at the bottom of the mug. Daehyun raised the mug and saw a pink small post it at the bottom of it. He took it off and read it.

 

You know, if you asked me, I’d say yes.

 

It said. Followed by a small heart.

 

Daehyun laughed softly and shook his head feeling happy, his heart beating quickly with excitement. He no sooner had made up his mind to ask Jongup out on a date than he was out of the door, leaving a confused Youngjae behind. He knocked on Jongup’s door for the second time that morning and waited anxiously. Jongup opened the door and quickly smiled at him.

 

“Would you got out with me on a date?” Daehyun asked hopefully.

“Why, Daehyun, I thought you’d never ask”, Jongup replied with a laugh before pulling Daehyun in and giving him a peck on the lips.

 

“So is that a yes?” Daehyun asked wide-eyed and breathless at the sweet peck.

“Yes that’s yes”, Jongup answered with a chuckle.