Mangas and Chemistry

Love will be love

Prompt #3: Anonymous Love Letters

Words: 1586

This one is just dorky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongup opened his locker and pulled his manga out. He had been waiting all morning for lunch to come so he could finally read the volume of Naruto he bought yesterday. Thank goodness he had a free period after lunch. More time for him to read and nothing made him happier.

 

Jongup walked into the cafteria and joined Himchan and Zelo at their table. "Jonguppie, eat first then read. You're too skinny", Himchan chastised lightly. Jongup rolled his eyes at Himchan's over protective nature and opened the volume.

 

A piece of paper slipped out.

 

I like the way your hair falls over your eyes when you read.

 - the Sasuke to your Naruto

 

Jongup felt his face warm over and butterflies fill his stomach as he read the note.

 

"Jongup, what is it?" Zelo asked as leaned over to read the paper. Jongup folded the paper in half and shook his head with a grin. "Oh, nothing, nothing", he answered as he tucked the note into his volume, closed it, and set it aside.

 

Himchan and Zelo looked at each other surprised at the action. Moon Jongup had put down a volume without even reading it.

 

Jongup took the note out for the hundredth time that day and read it. Wondering who it was and if it something serious. 

 

Maybe it was a joke? 

 

He hoped it wasn't. 

 

+

 

A week had gone by and Jongup had not recieved another note.

 

On a brighter side, his brother bought him a the volume he needed for Death Note. And that was exactly what he was going to do during lunch. Read the new volume.

 

"Is that a new one?" Himchan asked him as he sat down across from him. "Yep", Jongup answered. "Your eyes will fall out if you keep reading", Zelo chanted as he sat down next to him.

 

Jongup shoved him playfully but opened his volume.

 

A piece of paper slipped out.

 

I really, really like your smile. It's like sunshine. Warm and bright and blinding. It makes my day to see you smile. Never stop doing so.

 - the Matt to your Mello

 

Jongup chuckled as he read the note. Okay, so maybe it was new volume, new note?

 

"Why are you blushing, Jongup?" Himchan asked amused. "Is it disguised as Death Note?" Zelo teased as he looked over Jongup's shoulder. "Junhong!" Himchan hissed but bit back a smile. "Shut up, Zelo", Jongup lauged as he tenderly folded the note in half.

 

Jongup set aside the volume and sighed as he looked outside the window completely oblivious to Himchan's and Zelo's gaping.

 

He couldn't help but wonder who was writing the notes. Was it someone he knew? Talked to? No one knew his locker combination so he couldn't even use that as a clue.

 

Well, whoever it was he was really grateful that they took their time to do something this nice.

 

+

 

Jongup was reading the Death Note volume a bit slow. He liked to pause and think about the whole storyline. Was Light right? Was L right? And Ryuk, how much did he know?

 

It was interesting. So he took his time.

 

And a week and a half later after being done with it, he got a new note. This time it was folded on the top of his new volume, half the note visible.

 

Jongup pulled it out and read it quickly.

 

You're amazing. An amazing dancer, an amazing friend, an amazing person. Insanely smart. Down to Earth. And so cute. Especially, when you squint when you're confused. Cutest sight I've ever seen.

 

 -the Marco to your Jean

 

Jongup bit his lip to hold back a smile. These small little notes were quickly becoming his favorite thing to read.

 

He took the note and put it in his pocket. Hopefully, the anonymous writer would show themself soon.

 

+

 

The very next day, Jongup placed one of his old volumes in his locker, one of Durarara!!! this time. He had already read it but he wanted to test out his theory.

 

New volume, new note?

 

Happily, Jongup closed his locker and waited for lunch to come around. He reluctantly headed to his chemistry class. As much as he wanted to skip it, he had to go and help Zelo out with the experiment.

 

Jongup sighed as he realized he would have to do the lab experiment on his own since Zelo had missed--skipped--school. Jongup groaned as he remembered that the experiment for today was a long one and at least two trials. And it's not as if he could leave since the teacher already saw him. He should've told Zelo to come.

 

"Excuse me, Jongup", a soft voice said. Jongup looked up from his lab journal and saw Daehyun standing in front of his lab table. "Is it okay if I work with you today? Youngjae isn't here and since you don't have a partner..." Daehyun trailed off awkwardly when Jongup simply stared at him. "I-uh, yeah. Um, yeah. S-sure. Why not. Come ahead. I mean go ahead. Ugh", Jongup groaned at the end at his stupid rambling. Daehyun laughed softly as he took the seat next to him. Jongup could feel the color of embarrassment bloom on his cheeks. "Thanks. Dreadfully long experiment for anyone to do alone", Daehyun said with a smile. "Yeah", Jongup answered shyly.

 

"Lets get started then", Daehyun prompted as he opened his lab journal. To Jongup's surprise Daehyun was extremely meticulous and precise with everything. And quick. They managed to do three trials and still finish 20 minutes before the class ended. "I hope you don't mind but I wrote some of the data in for you since you were keeping time and temperature", Daehyun told him. "Oh, thanks", Jongup smiled as he put his lab journal away in his backpack. He'll look over the information during lunch then.

 

"So, we have fifteen minutes to kill", Daehyun said enthusiastically. Jongup liked to talk. He did. But this was Jung Daehyun, his elementary, middle school, and high school crush. Handsome, kind, smart Jung Daehyun. He didn't even know Daehyun knew him by name. They were just in two different social circles. "Tell me about that new choreography you're working on", Daehyun prompted as he leaned forward, hand under his chin. Jongup blushed at the attention being given. "Oh, uhm, it's going along. We are planning on dancing with the girls from the drill team so that's new. Street and interpretive dancing should be a good mix", Jongup answered a bit confidently. "Yeah, I see a bit of it on my way to music class. I always want to go in and see you but I don't know if I can." Daehyun admitted with a sad shrug. 

 

Jongup felt his heart pound. Daehyun wanted to see him dance. That was unbelievable. "You can step in whenever. But what about you? You have the voice of an angel", Jongup admitted with a blush. Daehyun laughed softly. "You think so? Well, thank you."

 

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. And for once, Jongup was rather upset that Chemistry was only forty-five minutes long. "See you around, Jongup", Daehyun called out as they went their separate ways.

 

His next two classes passed by in a blur, his head wandering over to the time he spent with Daehyun...he was just so likeable and nice. Not presumptuous or snobby. It wasn't until right before lunch that he remembered that he had to go to his locker and check to see if there was a new note. Jongup took out his volume and walked into the cafteria and joined Himchan on the table.

 

"Hey, I heard you and Daehyun had chemistry together", Himchan said with a wink. "Chan, no", Jongup rolled his eyes at the pun. "It was witty", Himchan snapped back playfully. Jongup shook his head at him before opening the volume.

 

"You know, you used to read your manga a lot but now it is like ridiculous. It's a new volume and different manga all the time now...why?" Himchan pointed out curiously.

 

Jongup pouted a bit in disappointment. No note came fluttering down. Oh, well. Maybe his anonymous writer had gotten tired of him. Dejected, Jongup set his volume aside and took out his lab journal. "I don't know. A lot of new ones are coming out", he answered Himchan's question plainly.

 

As he opened his lab journal to the page of the experiment he had just performed with Daehyun, a piece of paper came fluttering down. He quickly picked it up and snatched it open.

 

You look absolutely adorable in goggles and a lab coat. And pink is a delightful color on you. I was wondering, would you like to see if there is a reaction cause I sensed an attraction back there.

- the electron to your Fluorine

 

Jongup laughed as he read the note. Oh, god. It was Daehyun. And Daehyun was such a dork. Jongup just couldn't keep the huge grin off his face.

 

"Where are you going?" Himchan asked as Jongup stood up. "I'll be right back", he answered as he walked away, intending to find Daehyun.

 

Jongup finally saw Daehyun sitting with Yongguk and rushed over. Yongguk raised an eyebrow at him which caused Daehyun to turn and look at him with surprise.

 

"I'd like to form an ionic bond with you", Jongup declared with a chuckle. Daehyun laughed loudly at the response. "Moon Jongup, I'll gladly be your Hydrogen."

-----------------------------------------------------------

get it get it??

>.<