The Play

First Love

After all these rehearsals of practicing the play, it was finally the day of if. They were all getting dressed and Ara was still not there yet. She really didn't want to spend her Friday night being the play, but of course she was being forced to or else she would get expelled.

When she came in she saw everyone all dressed up and saw a big audience. She didn't let the audience get to her mind though. She just went to go change for the scene. When she got done, she went up to Mark who was all dressed up to. 

"You look cute." Mark complimented her. 
"Thanks. Id say the same but..." She said and fixed his tie. "Now you're cute." She said to him. 
"Thanks." 

Zelo saw what was happening and went over there to stop both of them but then he heard Sujin's voice.

"Zelo!" She yelled and he turned back to walk up to her. 
"Hey. You're here to watch us." 
"Yeah. And here." 

She gave him a flower bouquet.

"Usually you give this to the girl, but I guess this is fine too." 
"Well, why not? Anyways good luck tonight." She said and hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. 

Ara couldn't help it but look and give out a huge sigh. 

"Don't worry. He's not the only guy out there." Mark told her. 
"You're right. Thanks." She said. 
"Oh and here." He said and gave her a rose out of his sleeve. 

She smiled and accepted it. 

"I'm surprised the thorns didn't hurt you." 
"Oh they were hurting me. But I can take it." 
"Wow, all that pain just to give me a simple rose." 

Zelo saw his trick and took out the one he had in his sleeve and threw it away. 

"He beat me again..." He muttered. 
"It's show time everyone! First scene!" The drama teacher clapped to get everyone's attention.

They went to their places and the curtain opened. The play was about to start. 

***** 

After about a few scenes, it came to the very last scene where Eun Hee broke up with Zelo at prom. They were getting the scene ready and everyone was either wearing fancy tuxes or dresses. Ara was wearing a black dress and high heels and she didn't look so happy at all. She came out from the dressing room with a frown. She was stumbling to walk in the heels, but she managed to come up to Mark with them. Mark couldn't take his eyes off of her. He whistled as she hung onto him. 

"What's that whistle for?" She asked. 
"Just- you look hot in a dress." 

Ara slapped his playfully but she did like how Mark wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

"Shut up. I can't believe they made a prom scene. I hate this. I would only dress like this if I were going to prom. I can't even stand up straight." She said as she clung onto Mark, because she couldn't walk. 

Zelo came out of his dressing room and saw Ara dressed different. Instead of seeing her in snapbacks, baggy sweaters, and jeans, he saw a a different side of her. 

"Ok places everyone." The drama teacher told everyone. 

Mark had to help Ara to her place and when Zelo came, she hung onto him. Zelo felt butterflies roaming in his stomach when she did that. 

"A-are you ok?" He stuttered but then cleared his throat after. 
"Yeah, I just hate these heels. Pst. Eun Hee. Switch shoes with me before the curtain goes up." She asked her. 

Eun Hee took off her flats and Ara took off her heels and they switched. Ara felt more comfortable and stood up straight and let go of Zelo. 

"Thanks." She told her. 

The curtain was up and their scene was starting. Zelo was waiting for Eun Hee to come in and break up with him, but he couldn't stop staring at Ara who was casually talking to someone right by him. 

"We are over!" Eun Hee yelled at him. 

Zelo remembered they were doing the scene and looked at her. 

"Oh I can't believe you're doing this." He said to her. 

Eun Hee walked out of the scene and that's when Ara came in to cheer him up. 

"Cheer up. She wasn't all that. There are many fish in the sea." 

Zelo forgot his line, and stood there silently. They were waiting for him to say his line so they could put the curtain down. Even the drama teacher whispered it to him, but he stood there silently. The audience started murmuring to each other. But then he faced Ara, grabbed her hands and gazed into her eyes. Ara started to blush but then she was also confused at why he wasn't following the script.

"You're right. There are many girls out there. I was so stupid and didn't notice you were the one that I really liked. But I like you, and you're the one I really want to be with." He said and then kissed her. 

Everyone that was in the play was shocked because that wasn't in the script. Their eyes also widened, especially Mark's when he saw both of them kissed. The audience started to clap and cheer thinking it was apart of the play and then the curtain went down. They broke apart and then Ara shook her head in confusion. 

"That wasn't apart of the script." She told him. 
"Yeah that wasn't supposed to be for the play. That was supposed to be for you." He told her.

...