Acting Weird

First Love

Zelo was at the park skateboarding like he usually does. He was looking for Ara but she wasn't found anywhere. He decided to go home and do his homework. He saw his phone right in front of him, and he was tempted to call Ara so he did. 

Ara was too busy with Mark shooting people with Mark as they were playing video games. She heard her phone ring and saw who it was. She paused the game and looked at her phone ringing. 

"Are you going to answer it?" Mark asked.
"Nah. He should be busy with his girlfriend or something." She said and put her phone down and kept playing the game. 

Zelo saw that she didn't answer, so he tried again but then it rang once and went straight to voicemail. He put his head down in his desk and groaned. 

Ara and Mark took a break from playing video games and went outside. She saw a skateboard out there.

"You skateboard?" She asked him. 
"Well kind of. I use a penny board now, kind of like yours." 
"Wow. You're cool." 

Mark grabbed a basketball and started shooting. Ara wanted to try his skateboard to do tricks. 

"You do tricks?" Mark asked her. 
"Yeah. Back then when I was younger. I don't know if I remember." 

Ara tried doing a trick and she didn't fail. 

"I guess I do remember."
"Oh wow. You can do tricks too." Mark said.
"Yeah. I haven't had a trick board in awhile." 
"You can have mine." 
"No it's fine. I don't think I would use it." She said and took the basketball from him. 
"You're holding it wrong." 
"Well I've never been taught how to play basketball." 
"You put your left hand here. And then your right hand there." He said as he was putting his hands on top of hers. "And then throw." He said and they both let go. 

Ara felt uncomfortable and separated from him. 

"I think I should go now." Ara said. 
"I'll walk you home." 
"Are you sure your parents won't wonder about you?" 
"They work overseas. I barely see them." 
"I think I'll be fine. Just thanks for today." 
"No problem Ara. I just hate to see people unhappy." 

Ara just gave out a laugh.

"But then you disappointed the drama teacher today. And also the principal."  
"That's different. Because you're actually person." Mark said and laughed with her. 

Ara was about to walk out but then Mark stopped her. 

"It's cold." He said and then put his sweater on her. "I don't want you to get sick." 

She looked at him awkwardly. 

"Ok thanks for looking out. I should really get going." She said and then walked out. 

Ara felt so awkward to wear his sweater, but he wasn't wrong. It was really cold out there. She felt like Mark had a little crush on her but she didn't feel the same way.

*******

It was after school and Ara was on her way to the theater to rehearse again. Mark came up behind her and scared her, causing her to have a little heart attack. 

"Mark! Don't do that!" She said and slapped him lightly. 

He just gave one of his big smiles to her. Ara dug in her bag, and took out the sweater that Mark let her borrowed on her way back home. 

"Here." She said and handed it to him. 

He just pushed it to her. 

"Keep it. I mean, whenever you get cold just wear it and think of me." He smiled at her and winked. 

Ara rolled her eyes but blushed a little but from his pick up line. She put the sweater back in her bag. It wasn't worth to argue, because she was just a go-with-the-flow person. 

"Thank. At least I get a free sweater." She joked around and they both laughed. 
"Ara!" She heard someone yell across the hall.
"I'm assuming you want to be alone with him." Mark said to her. 
"Yeah. Thanks." 

Mark walked faster making Ara alone. Zelo finally caught up to her.

"Hey where were you yesterday?" Zelo asked. 
"Oh. I went to Mark's house." 
"Mark? The senior?" He asked.
"Yeah. I guess you can say were friends." 
"Is he your boyfriend?" Zelo asked. 
"No."
"Then why did you go to his house?" Zelo sounded a bit jealous. 
"Because he was just being friendly." 

Ara was getting the idea that Zelo was getting jealous. 

"It's not a problem for you right?" She asked him. 
"What? No. It's not, at all." 
"Good." She said and they both entered the theater. 

Zelo sat down in a seat and thought Ara was going to sit next to him. But Mark offered her a seat and she sat next to him instead. Zelo had the urge to move Ara's seat right next to him, but then the drama teacher came in again. 

"Hi everyone. We will pick up from where we left off yesterday." 

They started rehearsing and of course Ara and Mark weren't trying like they always do, and it always irked the teacher that they never tried. Zelo couldn't help it but keep his eyes on the both of them. They kept whispering to each other and laughing.

"Ok. Plot twist. Zelo is actually a zombie that doesn't want Eun Hee to break up with him because he wants her brain." Ara told Mark and they started laughing really hard. 
"Shhh. If you guys aren't going to participate then I will tell the principal and he wouldn't be happy that you guys aren't keeping your promise." 

Ara and Mark shut up but still smirked at each other. 

"You should split them up." Zelo suggested.
"That's a great idea. Eun Hee, you switch seats with Ara." 

Ara switched seats with her, making her across from Mark now. 

"Alright now let's get on with this rehearsal. Shall we?" 

Ara looked at Mark and they couldn't help it but laugh silently at each other. Zelo on the other hand was tapping Ara to keep her attention to the people who were rehearsing. Ara stopped and looked down at her script the whole time. 

*~*~*~*~*~*

Ara was wondering why Zelo was acting very weird whenever she tried to fool around with Mark. When she tried to go next to him when they were really acting it out, Zelo kept pushing her to him. When she even had to talk to Mark make the scene look casual but Zelo still pulled her away. All this kept Ara thinking. So she went up to him after rehearsal. 

"Hey Zelo." She greeted him. 
"Hey Ara. What's up?" He asked her. 
"Are you jealous that I'm hanging out with Mark?" 
"What? What's there to be jealous of?" 
"I'm just asking because it seems like it. You keep pulling me away from Mark."
"Because obviously you need to focus on the play." 
"Well, even when I have to talk to Mark to make the scene casual you still pull me away. It's kind of weird." 
"Well, you're portrayed as my best friend in this play. So I treat you as if you're my best friend while were doing the play." 
"Alright then. I'll see you later." Ara said but didn't believe what Zelo was telling her. 
"Hey Zelo!" Sujin scared him from the behind. 
"Oh hey Sujin." He said and kissed her. 
"What was that all about?" She asked. 
"She thinks I'm jealous that she's hanging out with Mark. Obviously, she's not serious about the play." 
"Are you sure about that? Even when she's supposed to talk to Mark you pull her away." She said with a little attitude.

Zelo took a deep sigh.

"I am sure. It's only just because of the play..."

...