Rehearsal

First Love

It was after school and Ara went straight to the theater to practice the play she was forced to be in. She came in and there weren't a whole lot of people, and she thought how they were going to pull this off. Mark tapped Ara on the should and smiled, and waved at her. Ara just gave him a look and he felt embarrassed and rubbed the back of his neck. Then the theater teacher came in.

"Hell everyone. I can see there's not a lot of people here, but that won't stop us from putting on a play. There will be a few students joining our play from Seoul Academy of Arts to fill in these spots. In the meantime, our main role for the guy will be Mark. And then Eun Hee will be the main role for the girl."

Ara gave out a breath relieved That she wasn't the main girl. But on the other hand, Mark didn't look too satisfied though.

"So why don't we sit in a circle and practice our lines, while we wait for the kids from the other school."

They sat in a circle together and the main characters started saying their lines.

"We are over!" Eun Hee said with emotion.

Mark and Ara were sitting next to each other and they couldn't help it but laugh. The teacher looked very mad so they both stopped and said their lines.

"Wow, I can't believe you're doing this." He said like he didn't care.
"Then Eun Hee walks away and then here comes Ara to cheer up Mark. Ara say your line."
"Cheer up. She wasn't all that. I mean there are many fish in the sea." I said without caring.
"I guess you're right. She wasn't the one." Mark mumbled.

The teacher was getting frustrated with them because they weren't trying. But before they got yelled at, the students from Seoul Academy came in. Ara saw Zelo and her face up right away when she saw him.

"Ara!" He said and then came up to her.
"Zelo! Hey, I didn't know you would be in this play."
"Yeah I kind of have to, for my grade. I figured I would see you here."

They both smiled and stared at each other.

"Come on guys. Let's start rehearsing!" He broke their stare.

Zelo offered her a seat and she sat right next to him.

"Alright, since Mark here doesn't even want to try for the main lead, will anyone else be willing to do it?" The teacher asked.

Zelo raised his hand.

"I'll be willing to do it. But what is this play about?"
"About typical high school romance. See, Eun Hee here is your girlfriend and you guys go through a lot together but then she breaks up with you. You know, it's just another one of those cheesy love stories."
"Ok, I'll do it."
"Thank you. What is your name by the way?"
"Junhong."
"Junhong. Ok. Well here is your script."

They started practicing and Zelo was getting his lines right all the time. He was better than Mark. Ara couldn't stop staring at him as he spoke. Mark kept tearing pieces of the script out and throwing them at her but she didn't even lose her attention.

 

*****
 

When they were done, they started packing up. This girl ran up to Zelo and gave him a kiss on the lips. Ara started to feel her heart slowly shatter in pieces.

"Zelo. How was rehearsal?" She asked.
"Good. Oh Ara! I want to introduce you to somebody." He called her over.

Ara turned around and put on a fake smile.

"Introduce away." She started to lose her voice, but then cleared .
"This is Sujin. She's my girlfriend. Sujin, this is the skateboarder girl that I bumped into and hang out with at the park."
"Hi Ara! It seems really cool that you're a skateboarder. It's so nice to meet you."
"You too. Listen I got to go. But it was nice meeting you." Ara said and grabbed her stuff and started to walk out quickly.
"Can we skateboard later?" He asked.

She didn't reply and kept walking out. Mark noticed how she felt after she talked to him and ran after her.

"Ara!" He yelled.

She kept walking, wiping tears off of her eyes and getting frustrated because she doesn't know why she's crying because of him. Mark pulled her back.

"Are you ok?"
"Why do you care?"
"Because I care about your feelings."
"But were not even friends. I always push you away because I don't deserve you. You're just-" She didn't want to finish her sentence.
"Was that guy... Did you like him?"
"Yeah I did. But he has a girlfriend. Why am I crying? What is this? I just never felt this feeling before."
"It's called pain. Apparently you've never been in love before."
"Isn't it obvious?" She said and then chuckled.
"It's ok. We've all been to that stage where we find out our loved one is happy with someone else. I've been there."
"I thought you get any girl you want with your looks and personality."
"I could. But I choose not to. Because those girls aren't the one I want."
"Well I found out we all can't get the person we want right?" She said and they both laughed.

"Ara, are you doing anything later?"
"Probably just going to ride my skateboard later. Why?"
"Well you want to come over? And play video games?"
"You have modern warfare 3? Cause I'm really in the mood of shooting peoples heads off."
"Of course. Shall we go?"
"Sure. But you might want to run to your house, cause I'll be on the skateboard." She said and then rode off and Mark ran after her.

...

 

A/N : AnnieAnnAnn143 is on a trip so I, UnicornSushi, is helping her out by revealing this lovely chapter. Don't forget to subscribe and comment on this story.