Meeting Again

First Love

Ara was in the gymnasium with Mark, cleaning the entire thing. He was mopping the floors, while she was picking up trash at the bleachers.

"Hey Mark. Is the floors ok to walk on?" She yelled across the gymnasium.

He didn't hear her since he had headphones in so she walked on it anyways and ended slipping and landing on her bottom. Mark saw her on the floor and dropped the mop to pick her up.

"Thanks." Ara said and then went back to drying the floor with a towel.
"So Ara. You skateboard?" Mark wanted to start a conversation with her.

Ara just shrugged because she didn't want to talk to him.

"Wow. Ok keep not talking." Mark sounded hurt.
"I'm sorry. I-I do." Ara stuttered.
"Wow, you're really cool Ara. What else do you do?"
"Well. I guess I like watching sports and playing video games. And also being on my phone. I'm not a very interesting person."
"Don't worry, I'm not either. But we seem to be in the same stuff." He said and then smiled at me.

Ara really didn't like the way he smiled at her all the time for no reason.

"Well, are we done here? Because I have to get home."
"Um yeah I guess. I'll see you tomorrow to meet up with the drama club for the school play."
"Sure. Bye Mark." She said and then walked out right away.

 

********
 

Ara was trying really hard to find Zelo at the park again. She skateboarded in circles to see if he was around. She was afraid that she was too late and that he must've left already. Then someone pushed her lightly from the behind. She looked behind her and smiled.

"Hey Ara. I'm glad I found you again."
"I'm glad I did too."
"So how's your day been going?" He asked her.
"It's been going well since after school."
"And why is that?"
"It's because I hate my school so much. I got in trouble today, and I've gotten in trouble too many times their making me do community service hours."
"Ouch. That . What do you have to do?"
"I have to tutor kids on Saturday mornings and join the school play. And if I don't do any of that then I will get expelled."
"Wow, that's so extreme. What did you get trouble for?"
"Not following school dress code."
"That's so stupid."
"Well I guess the principal is sick of seeing my face, so like I guess he went extreme because that's all I get in trouble for." I said and then we started walking together.
"That's not fair. Your school is so stupid."
"I know, but too much of me. How's your day?"
"Well not much. Just stupid instrument lessons, and also dancing lessons."
"Wow. Sounds more exotic than my school."
"Yeah, but after a while you kind of get tired of if. But you know. Whatever it takes to become a celebrity."

Zelo's phone rang and he answered it right away. Ara was looking down at his board and saw that it was designed with his name on it. When Zelo was done talking on the phone he saw her looking at it.

"Oh. You like the design?" He asked her.
"Of course. I mean I tried to find a skateboard shop that would design something like that for me. How did you get one?"
"When my parents were at Los Angeles they saw this skateboard shop and decided that they would get me a hand designed one."
"Wow that's really cool. I wish I could get one."
"Maybe when my parents go back there I can get them to get you one." He said and smiled at her.

Ara couldn't help it but blush a little whenever she saw his smile.

"Look I got to go. But we should definitely talk more. Can I have your number?"

Ara gave him her number and then she felt her phone vibrate. It was from an unknown number.

"So you have my number too. Anyways, text me tonight."
"I will. See you later." She waved and away he went riding down.

Ara couldn't help it but get this feeling that she never had with any boy before. She started to realize her feelings for him were growing.

********

Ara's cousin Kara, came over to talk about the boy problems she's had. Ara couldn't help it but ignore her just so she can text Zelo. Kara started to realize that she wasn't even listening to her problems.

"Ara! Are you even listening?" She asked.
"What? I am." Ara said and kept texting him.
"Who's this guy?"
"Zelo."
"Oh him? I mean obviously. Why wouldn't you like him? He's a skateboarder."
"I know right! And his blue streaks that go with his blonde hair. I'm really falling for this one Kara."
"Ugh. You should be falling for Mark." Kara mumbled.
"Kara. I've literally never felt this way about any boy before. What is this?"
"It's called having your first crush. Welcome to the club."
"It's not just a crush. I know it's not. He literally gives me butterflies every time I see him. And I can't help it but smile when I see him smile. This is definitely not a crush."
"Awww. Your first love."
"You really think it's first love?"
"Yes, of course. The way you talk about it, you're right. It's not just a crush. You really like this one."
"I do but I shouldn't get my hopes up."
"Well he obviously seems available. I mean why not?"
"Hm. I guess you're right."
"Well I'm going now. Have fun with Zelo. You won't be living alone with 20 cats." Kara said and gave Ara a hug.
"See you later. And thanks for that prediction." Ara said and escorted her out.

Ara went upstairs to do her homework but instead just kept texting Zelo. She got so distracted that she noticed it was 2 am in the morning.

Ara [2:06 AM]: I noticed its 2 am already.
Zelo [2:06 AM]: Yeah it is eh? I guess that's not good since we have school tomorrow. Goodnight Ara. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Ara [2:07 AM]: Goodnight Zelo.


Ara couldn't stop thinking about how late she stayed up for him. It was her first time doing this for just a boy.

 

...