First Meet

First Love

Ara was in the park riding her skateboard as she would usually do after school. Usually after school people would hang out with their friends and go do something, but not for Ara. She was known for being quiet and mysterious to other students. That's why people barely came up to her to talk.

So she was just riding her skateboard while using her phone, and of course she wasn't paying attention so she bumped into  person and fell on top of him. When she immediately looked who it was, she couldn't believe how cute he was. He had blonde hair and blue streaks in the front. The both were groaning about their heads and rubbed it. But his skateboard seemed to caught Ara's attention.

"No way is that a long board cruiser?" She asked him right away.
"Yeah." He said and looked at her skateboard. "Penny board?" He asked.
"Of course. Oh my god I really love your skateboard."
"Thanks. I really love the colors on yours. I can never ride one of those because I'm too big."
"Thanks. But it's ok. I mean my dad tries to ride mine and he's like 40 years old." She said.

They both laughed and then noticed they were still sitting on the ground.

"Were both still sitting on the ground." He said and then got up first.

He put out his had to help her and she accepted and got up.

"You are the first girl I seen riding a skateboard around here."
"Oh really? What is that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing. Maybe you're special. By the way, I'm Junhong, but call me Zelo." He said and put his hand out for a handshake.
"Ara." She straightforwardly said and shook his hand.

They picked up their skateboards and started walking together down the park. Ara was literally looking up at him like he was a giant.

"So Ara, what school do you go to?" Zelo wanted to start a conversation.
"I got to Seoul High. How about you?"
"Seoul Academy of Arts. See I'm trying to be a rapper."
"Ah, rapper and skateboarder. Very cute."
"Thanks. Will you be skateboarding tomorrow?"
"Of course. I'm always here after school."
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He said and then he dropped his skateboard and skated away.

Ara couldn't stop staring at him. She stared at him until she couldn't see him skate anymore. She felt her heart beating really fast when she thought about him. She's never felt this way about anyone, and she tried to ignore the feeling but it wouldn't go away. She knew that she had a tiny crush on him. It wasn't normal to her, but she liked the feeling he was giving her.

 

*********
 

Ara got up and looked at the time. She realized she was late for school, so she skipped her normal routine, and just went straight to changing into her uniform. She threw her uniform skirt out and wore jeans instead so she could be comfortable. Then she put on her skating shoes and skated to school.

She skated really fast, because 1st period was about to start and she didn't want to be late. She even started skateboarding through the hallways but then she ran into someone who stopped her by the shoulders. She looked at his face and he was smiling at her.

"Hey." He said to her as he was smiling with his teeth.

He was tall and had red hair. He always tried to talk to Ara but of course she would push him away. So she pushed him away and still skateboarded to her first period. She came in there 5 seconds before the official bell rang and she felt relieved.  She was breathing hard and panting.

"Ok class. Before we start, I want to check your dress code."

Ara looked down and saw she was wearing her skinny jeans instead of the required uniform skirt. The teacher looked at her with a not so warming smile.

"Go to-"
"Yes I know. The principal." She said as she interrupted her and got up.

As she got into the principals office, she saw the same guy she bumped into.

"Never got that Hi back." He said to her and smiled.

Ara used her skateboard to cover her face. She was too shy to say anything to him.

"You don't talk much, do you?" He asked her.

Ara put her board down and just nodded.

"Ara and Mark. You guys can come in now." The principal said.

They both followed him in and sat down.

"Now Mark. This is the third time a teacher has caught you cutting class. And Ara. Stop breaking the dress code and wear the required uniform that you are supposed to wear."
"But those skirts aren't even comfortable to skateboard in." Mage talked back.
"You're a weird one aren't you Ara." The principal told her.
"I know I am. Thank you."
"You both have broken the rules too much."
"So what? You're just going to give us detention again, when we don't even listen still." Mark spoke up.
"No. Since you guys disobeyed me so many times, you will be forced to do community service."
"What kind?" I asked him.
"You two will clean the gymnasium today, tutor kids on Saturday mornings, and join the school play."
"WHAT! NO." Ara immediately didn't like the idea.
"Yes. And if you guys don't do this, you will get expelled. You guys are dismissed." He said and they both walked out.

As they walked out Mark kept staring at her. She got kind of creeped out and walked to first period, but then he pulled her back.

"Let's ditch school today. How about we go get an ice cream?"

Ara didn't reply and just let go and walked back to first period. Mark was a nice person to her but then she thought that she didn't deserve a friend like him.

...