Why?

My Wolfie

Okay… This is so absolutely not going to be easy.

“Mom, dad… I got something to tell you” oh boy… How am I ever going to make them believe me? Before any of you give me a very confused expression am I just going to explain it in a few words.

It’s time for me to tell my parents about my secret and it’s around here that you should insert very dramatic background music.

My parents stopped whatever they were doing to look at me. My mom was about to take on her jacket to go to who knows where. She gave me the ‘really? Now?’- look and side-glanced my dad who nodded slightly at her. It sounds like parents really love me right? She sighed and hung up the black jacket again to join my dad at the dinner table. My dad waved me over and I nervously took my seat, facing them.  

“Okay I don’t know how I’m going to say this and it’s a little weird so…” I kinda zoned out there. How am I going to tell them that I’m going to mate a wolf?

Okay scratch that, how am I going to convince that wolfs like Yifan exist?

My parents eyed me with a confused expression and just added fuel to my nervousness.

I can only sigh before I jump into my grave “I have been hiding a wolf called Yifan upstairs in my room. He can turn into human and I’m kinda his mate” that was very simple and straight to the point. I hope it’s the best way to tell them. Now I just have to wait for them to take that little supernatural information in. My mom began to pale while my dad nodded looking determined in some way.

I’m dead.

They don’t believe me and for sure think I have become crazy. I won’t blame them at all because who would really believe such a thing? Only idiots with too much free time would ever-

“When did you find out?” My dad’s calm voice interrupted my little getaway in my mind. See, I told you he wouldn’t belie-

Wait…

What?!

“Wha?” I was the one to copy their confusion a little while back. Do they already know? When? How?

“Tao there you are, you made me panic when I woke up and you weren’t there” Yifan’s yawning voice was heard from the entrance to the dinner room. Well I guess it’s my turn to panic.

“Yifan! What are you doing down here?” I gave him a lost look because; did he want me to get kicked out of the house? Or worse to be locked up here and never see the daylight again?

“Good morning Mam, sir” Yifan shared a quick nod of approval with my parents while my mind just stopped working.

What the hell is going on?!?

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Tao?” Yifan’s voice was like an echo in my head, slowly getting louder and clearer. My head was spinning and my whole body ached and felt so heavy that I doubted I was ever going to be able to move it. I’m so tired.

“Tao?” he repeated and I tried waving with my hand to get him away so I could sleep some more. Give me a break I’m a freaking teenager and my mental clock ticks different. But well, he wouldn’t leave me alone much to my dismay and I finally got the energy to open my eyes and look up at the ceiling. That was definitely not my bedroom ceiling. Suddenly the surface I was lying on made me realize that I was not in my bed but on the couch in the living room.

Yifan came into view when I sprang up and made a weird pose that looked much like a bad kungfu move.

I frantically looked around “who knocked me out?!” how long have I been out? I clearly remember my parents before me at the dinner table and Yifan’s calm face when coming down from the stairs and greeting them.

“Nobody knocked you out…  You fainted”

“…”

Silence filled the room and I ran out for words totally until I childishly fired back in the best way possible.

“No I didn’t!” alright that was maybe not the best way ever.

Where are my parents? Did they leave? No… They weren’t so cruel as to leave their fainted son, right?

“They went to work” Yifan answered my question easily. Alright they are that cruel. Remind me to give them the cold shoulder for a week as punishment.

Yifan stood up and made a move to come near me so I quickly took some steps back so the safety space would still remain between us. I want answers and I know that if he was to put those arms around me, would it make me forget everything to the point where I started to question who I am.

I flinched when a hurt and slightly desperate look flashed upon Yifan’s face. I will still not give up.

“I want answers” I wanted to ignore the way my body started to tremble like crazy and the way my voice sounded so weak. At some point I really wanted to hide in a corner and cry. Everything just didn’t make sense and it seemed like I was the only one not knowing the important information. Yifan tried again to get near me only for me to step fully back so the space between us expanded. I know I’m hurting him a lot right now but what can I possible do? It freaked me out that I know I have a mate but that my parents were in it to, seem unrealistic. What shall I ever do with myself? I don’t feel strong enough to do this, and I’m still struggling mentally with the thought of Yifan.

“Please” I can’t even look him in the eyes as I plea for an explanation. I feel like a fool. Like whole my life I’ve been lied to and I allowed it to happen. I knew something was wrong when my mom began to get more distant from me; when she at that time began to tell me tales of the unnatural.

Did they already know at that time? Have I been hidden from the truth so long?

Why?

I heard the distant sound of Yifan sighing and he stopped trying to get closer to me. His hands were trembling from lack of touch. I know he needs contact with me by the way my own hands started to shake and my heart started to throb.

But I can’t give in know. Not until I get the information that I need.

“Alright, alright” Yifan gave up defeated and slumped down on the couch with his hands over his head “it wasn’t like I was going to keep this from you, you know” I sat down in front of him and crossed my right leg over the left.

“It was back around 2002 when me and my pack was out for a run” he started the story casually “our plan was to head back when we hit the next town, but that was when I caught the fragrance of my mate that made me stop from running home and-“ I stopped him with a raised hand and he gestured me to speak with a nod and a raised eyebrow in question.

“Where did you live at that time?” I was getting kind of curious about his past and if they were out on a run must they have lived near my town?

“Where we live now, nothing has changed” I’m sure my jaw hit the floor, leaving a bruise but I didn’t care because that was freaking unbelievable.

“Who in their right mind runs over 2000 km?!” sheesh so that’s why he is in such a good shape… cheater. He shrugs and continues with the story.

“Like I said I caught the scent of you and my mind went blank. I found your parents and talked with them and oh boy that was not easy. Do you know how difficult it is to convince a pair of parents?” No I don’t, you beat me to it. Yifan continued and ignored my little snort “so we agreed to wait until you grew old enough, so you guys moved here and tada this is the short version of how it started” He looked at me with pride and determination in his eyes.

“So I told you my side of the story so will you please come over here and hug me?” Yifan stretched out his arms to me and I rolled my eyes but gave in to my own desires. I will not admit that it only took me half a second to get over in his lap, my arms around his neck, face nuzzling his shoulder and him squishing me making it hard for me to breathe. My lack of oxygen didn’t concern me because all I needed is his presence mingling with my own and gosh it felt good to be held by him.

All my answers didn’t find a reason and I’m sure I have to talk with my parents when they come home to get their version.

Right now I just have to take it all in and try to accept the things and changes that invaded my life but… I think I can handle just that…

With Yifan by my side of course. 

 


 

A/N: 

How come everything I write just doesn't seem right? That is so frustrating! But I hope you like it and can approve of this chapter like I'm trying to do myself. I really think you all have waited for far to long on this short chapter so I updated and are crossing my fingers in  hope of you guys forgiving me. Please!!!! I love you guys okay? *puppy eyes* 

Thank you for support and subscribing!! ^^ 

I hope you all will keep on commenting and don't be afraid to ask me anything okay? 

Great I will see you all (hopefully) again when I update this crazy story XD

~~ Bye Bye ~~

P.S Please comment.... you know you want to O.O