My life

My Wolfie

I officially hate my life starting today.

Why you may ask?

Oh I don’t know maybe that my whole life’s joy is now around 2140 kilometers away from my reach and it would take me like 13 hours to get there by train.

 This is where you start to get the idea of what is going on.

Yes, my oh-so-lovely family moved and guess what! They freaking decided to bring me with them!

Believe me; I did what I could to get away from the moving plan. I mean; I stopped eating to get the idea that I was serious across to my parents. I locked myself inside my room and didn’t come out for 2 weeks straight. I even ran away, but curse my father’s ability to track me down (I seriously consider him having a chip on me, which actually wouldn’t surprise me).

So here I am, in a forest.

You didn’t see that coming did you? I admit I ran away.

Again.

I got in this huge fight with my father (Surprise) as soon as we arrived at the mansion (Yes I’m rich) which ended up with me storming professionally out of the rather beautiful mahogany door and out in the safety of the forest. Of course as time went by I kind of started realizing that me running out of that door could leave me in a shivering mess right about now.

 So walking around in the spring colored forest is one thing, but doing it without proper clothes on and in the middle of the night is another.

 “Stupid, stupid, stupid” I am really not fond of my father right now. Alright who am I kidding, I have never been fond of him and he never really made any signs of loving me so I guess we kind of don’t like each other.

Then there is my mother. I love her, with all my heart and I would never do anything that would make her hate me but that is also the sad point because somehow, I just feel that she holds something against me. She doesn’t speak that much to me anymore and if she does, is it nothing near the mother tone she used to have on me. I would lie if I said it didn’t hurt because it did, a lot.

 I was moving my hands up and down on my arms in a desperate manner to get some warmth back in my body. Maybe I should go back but I have my pride and I am still too angry with my father to make my feet turn around.

I don’t know what time it is right now because I cleverly left my phone at the mansion. I suspect that it is there that my father had sneakily planted a tracking chip.

Also in my hast of storming out and sometime in between all my anger, I kind of forgot that I am not that fond of darkness.

So being surrounded by blackness makes of course my mood so much better (or not).

It is around now that the stories of wolves that my mother used to tell me about when I was securely wrapped under my blankets warmth the same night I would run away when I was little, popped up in my mind. At that time my mom didn’t find any difficulty at speaking with me. I was nine back then and had been in a fight with my father after I confessed that I wanted to compete in a rapping contest. He of course said that it would go against everything (whatever that means) and that I should find something cleverer to do with my free-time (when I actually had some). Oh well the wolf stories was pretty scary at that time and I admit that they still gives me the chills.

 Why did my mom always tell me those stories? I can only shrug at them now.

What I hate the most about being frightened is that your ears automatically starts to hear everything around you and I mean everything. For example I didn’t want to hear the sound of a twig cracking some place around me or the way the trees started to move when a gust of cold wind blew and I defiantly didn’t want to hear the low sound of growling.

 This is probably where I should turn around on my heels and run the hell out of this forest and back to the secure warmth of my blankets. I’m a child at heart and I still believe that whenever I’m under my blankets, nothing can hurt me. I cursed myself for watching horror movies about people getting killed in a forest because for some reason I felt that I suddenly was in one of them.

I tried my best to keep the panic under control, I seriously did! But could you keep it in if you suddenly turned around and found yellowish eyes looking back at you?

Could you?!

Well I couldn’t, so I let my scream that had been threatening to surface, come out and fill the forest.

Ups, I found out that it wasn’t the best thing I could do when the eyes narrowed in a glare and stepped forward so I could see its whole body, which I really didn’t want to witness.

Wolf.

No, no, no I don’t want to be here anymore. I would rather be at home and get repeatedly yelled at by my father than standing in front of this creature.

I kept on saying mentally that this is a dream and that I will wake up soon to my sister bouncing on my bed, waking me up to a long day of unpacking. My hope crashed down when I pinched my arm really hard and didn’t wake up but instead let out a loud ouch accompanied with a whimper when I felt the pain in my arm where I pinched myself.

I closed my eyes and counted to three before looking up to see the wolf sitting in front of me with curious eyes and tail wagging.

I’m going to die. I am so going to die.

Wait.

Was the tail just wagging?

I inspected the wolf with large eyes and hands trembling like crazy.

Like I said before the eyes was yellowish but when you looked up close could you see the green surrounding the pupils. The fur was light brown but black at the chest and mind you the fur looked so soft and touchable. So of course my knees gave out and I kneeled in front of the wolf making it higher than me and my hand apparently found its way to Mr. Wolf’s fur.

It was as soft as I imagined.

I came to my senses after around two pats of my hand in the fur. I was freaking petting a wolf!

Why am I not dead yet?!

My eyes sought the yellowish ones of the other for an answer but of course I didn’t get any. My panic began rising again when Mr. Wolf started to lean in to me with its snout slightly scrunched back in what looked like a snarl. My breathing became drastic when I could feel its nose make contact with the skin at my neck. I made a move to fall back but Mr. Wolf let out a snarl when I moved so I didn’t dare do anything else and even stopped breathing while it kept on sniffing me. Its snout went from my neck down to my chest and inside my cardigan to my sides.

Mr. Wolf looked up abruptly when I let out a giggle.

“S-sorry, I’m ticklish” It seemed like he understood me.

I should really get home now but somehow I just couldn’t move. Maybe it was because I was afraid to get snapped at or eaten if I make a move.

I brought out my tongue to moisten my dry lips and brought my hands to my arms again when a shiver came up my spine.

Sheesh when did it get this cold?

Mr. Wolf tilted his head to the side, probably questioning my shivering body.

“It’s cold, you are lucky that you have fur” I feel so weird talking to a being that could easily kill me in a second. It’s like speaking to death but this creature just didn’t seem threatening in any way. Well except the snarls and glare I received but that is beside the point right now.

I feel extremely tired and I guess the wolf noticed. Mr. Wolf moved his head under my chin and I stiffened because, well I’m not used to a Wolf being somewhat friendly. I closed my eyes a moment in hope of gaining my strength back faster.

So warm. 

The wolf moved closer and I could feel its warmth against my skin. It should be around here that I would actually fall asleep on the dirty forest ground and even with a wolf curled somewhat around me and I am sure that exactly that would have happened if not for my name being shouted in the distance.

I snapped my eyes open while Mr. Wolf’s head moved up making my head come with it in the process.

Did I just hear things?

“Zitao!” nope I didn’t, someone was actually calling my name. I don’t know if that is good or not because on one side, I really want to be home and snuggle in my blankets but on the other side I don’t want to leave this creature and don’t ask me why but I somehow felt that I should stay with him. I guess it’s because it’s my first time touching a wolf.

“You brat, come back home this instant!” Ha, love you too. I scuffed and made a move to stand up but the growl that left Mr. Wolf made me hold still. I gave a questioning look to him and he just looked back with serious eyes.

“I need to get home” Wolfie (that’s what I’m going to call him) gave me a disapproving look and I pouted. That wolf won’t let me move!

Sheesh.

I can still hear the yells of my ‘bodyguard’ like a background noise and I started too slightly panic.

“Look it is not like I want to go, but my dad would kill me if I don’t show up before sunrise” like I care what my dad would do to me but Wolfie’s widened eyes showed me that he apparently did.

“Not literally” it seemed that he relaxed after that and I gave out a hearty laugh that I kind of just befriended a Wolf.

A wolf!

“Zitao!” the irritating noise is coming closer and I want nothing else but to run away from it but sadly I really had to go home.

“Sorry but I have to go” I find it funny how Wolfie look down and… Is that a pout? So cute, don’t worry buddy I don’t want to leave either.

“I have an idea” Wolfie looked up at my words and I continued “why don’t you follow me home? That way we can spend some more time together, eh what do you say?” Wolfie nodded and stood up without hesitation. I’m so proud at my human-understanding Wolfie. He began walking in the direction of my home and only looked back when he was 3 meters away from me and I still didn’t move. He had this expression like he was going to say ‘are you coming or what?’ and I could only stand still trying to figure out how the hell the wolf new where I lived (maybe a lucky guess).

Wolfie gave an irritated bark at me and I rose my hands up in surrender “alright, alright, I’m coming already” sheesh… So commanding.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

We went in a bow around my bodyguard so he wouldn’t see us. I will enjoy him getting yelled at tomorrow when my father find out that Yunho (my bodyguard) couldn’t find me and just at that moment I will come down from the stairs and walk past them casually like I haven’t been gone most of the night.

So the walk back consists mostly of the sounds my teeth make when they chatter. Damn it’s cold and why does it take so long for us to arrive at the mansion?

Did I really walk so far?

Apparently because it felt like hours before my home came into view. I gave Wolfie a look that read relief and my feet automatically began to speed up. Blankets here I come!

I stopped when I felt water on my skin. Did it start raining? Oh those clouds don’t look to good. They practically scream lightning and thunder and I am sure they are actually going to scream in a few hours’ time.

Those hours came faster than I wanted them to because I am sure only two minutes left and I can begin to hear roaring in the background.

Did I mention that I hate thunder? (Not the song though, that one is brilliant)

But not just hate, like really despise.

I ones ran away when I was ten (I intend to do that a lot). At that time a storm occurred and I of course was found in the middle of it. It’s not like anything bad happened but I just got pretty scared so I for ones made it easy for Yunho to find me.

 So right now is not a moment for me to stand still. I want to get the hell inside the house like right now but a sneeze stopped my feet from going forward, looking back I find Wolfie’s nose wriggling and I can’t find it in my heart to let him be out here.

“Do you want to come inside with me?” I couldn’t stop the sigh escaping my lips but I did let the smile take over my expression when the Wolf moved curious forward.

 

 

So going inside the house all drenched is one thing but doing it with a just as drenched Wolf is another. So what do you usually do when you befriend a Wolf? I don’t know about you but I don’t have any experience whatsoever in taking care of such a creature.

We hurried inside my room to find it already unpacked. That was sure fast or have I really been gone so long?

This is the time where I totally love having my own bathroom, meaning so much more privacy for me, making it also so much easier to hide a certain friend of mine.

“Hold on just… uh… sit” I know it sounds ridiculous but I am certain that he just rolled his eyes before obeying my command. I didn’t think much more about it before entering the bathroom and checking everything out before going back to my bedroom and receiving the things I need.

Clothes, check.

Towel, check

Pissed of wolf, check.

“Sorry sorry, I will hurry” I guess he didn’t enjoy being wet from the rain earlier and if I have to be honest, I don’t like the smell of drenched wolf either. I filled up the tub with warm water, put soap in it and stirred it with my hand.

“Okay, jump in” I turned around and got a disapproving look as an answer.

“What, you don’t want to get clean? Well you are not staying in my room when you are radiating wet-dog-stench trough out the room” this time I’m sure he rolled his eyes at me before jumping elegantly in the tub, succeeding in making me more drenched than before. He eyed me before eyeing the water and then back at me.

“But I will clean you first and then wash of myself okay?” did he just shake his head?

“But… But” That’s it I am officially a crazy person, speaking to wolfs, arguing about a bath. What would the next thing be? Me waking up to an unknown man in my bed? Ha if that’s happening then I will scream like a girl and attempt to jump out the window, which would lead to my death because I of course have to have a room located on the third floor. I guess my father sought this trough so I can’t use the window as an escape.

Bastard.

I started to undress myself and was just about to sip down my pants when I felt eyes on me.

“Will you just turn around, I can’t do it when you are looking” Wolfie’s eyes widened and he turned around abruptly.

I finished undressing and quickly got under the hot water. It burnt on my cold skin and I let out a whimper when I felt it burn. Wolfie eyed me and I gave a weak smile and started to clean his fur with soap.

 

A bath, drying and a small towel fight later got me jumping on my bed and sighing in content. This is my absolutely favorite moment of the day, besides eating time. I rolled onto my back and raised me head to look at Wolfie who looked somewhat uncertain on what to do. I patted the space beside me as a sign of approval of him sleeping in my bed. I just cleaned him so I couldn’t see anything bad about it. He jumped up in my bed and made himself comfortable beside me. I automatically brought out a hand and petted him. It was so cute the way he closed his eyes and leaned into my hand.

Before I closed my eyes and let sleep take over my body, thoughts about the few hours that passed by after I got up in a fight with my father, reappeared.

Firstly I storm out the mansion, normal enough.

Secondly I curse for it to be so cold, also normally enough.

Thirdly I meet a threatening wolf whom I somewhat befriend, no way was that normal!

But for ones in my life could I actually say that I found something that made me incredible happy.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Um guys?

Do you remember when I said that what would happen next would be me waking up to an unknown man in my bed?

And the part about me screaming like a girl?

Well…

Skip that and imagine me curled up against the wall and a stranger in the same position just in the other side of my room.

No way right?

I already did the pinching part and guess what! I’m still staring at yellowish eyes belonging not to Wolfie but to a completely man!

“Who are you?!” stupid question really because even I could put two and two together in this situation and see that he obviously had something to do with Wolfie.

“I’m Yifan” he had a somewhat hoarse voice that kind of sounds appealing in my ears. I would have screamed again if it weren’t for the frightened expression the other had reflected in his eyes.

Okay, relax Tao, you are going to take this so calmly and professionally like you understand everything like those wise, bald men in orange suites.

“Explain” well my whimper sounded so professional (yeah right).

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: 

 

 

First chapter yaaay ^.^

This idea has been running through my mind for months! It feels SOOO good to finally come out with it! I feel so relieved ~~

Okay so writing Taoris wasn’t as hard as I thought when I write it like that but it still kinda stings in the back of my consciousness but I have made it this far and I’m not gonna back down!

I hope you all like this and will continue to support my writing XD

I will update again next week so see you there c:

Bye Bye ~~