Mrs Right

Where were you?

Since the day I had that talk with Dr Lee, I couldn't stop thinking about Himchan. It's been three days already but all I could think of is him. And yes, after talking with Dr Lee that day, I went back home straight since my mind was in a deep trance about whether I should help him or not. I reached home that day and even forgot that I left Himchan all alone at the hospital that day till he texted me. So I just apologised and told him that I'd come some other day. I didn't know why but I had no appetite to eat or even drink or even talk to anyone and I don't even know why I'm deeply affected by this whole thing when he's no longer a part of my life anymore. It's like my past is haunting me all over again. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door and a very familiar voice.

"Jaehee-ah?" My eyes widened. I quickly jumped out of my bed and ran towards the door and swung it open the minute I grabbed hold of the doorknob.

"Daehyun?!" I exclaimed, obviously excited of his presence. He chuckled, "Miss me?" I nodded, not wanting to lie, especially to him. He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

"I was worried about you, Jaehee. Why wouldn't you eat or even drink?" He creased his eyebrow.

My eyes widened in shock, "How did you know?" I thought hard and even before he could answer, I interrupted. "Wait," I held out my hand, "My mum. Isn't it?"

He nodded. "Why, Jaehee? Anything bothering you?" He looked worried.

"Nah, it's nothing." I lied.

He raised an eyebrow, "Quit lying. Tell me, come on." He leaned against the wall.

I bit my lower lip then sighed, "It's something that I can't share with you now. It's not the right time and I don't even know how to put it into words. It's that complicating."

"I have time." He insisted but I shook my head. "No, Daehyun, not now. I'm sorry."

I didn't know why but I came up to him and hugged him tightly as he wrapped his hands around my waist and hugged me back. I guess I really needed a hug at a time like this. And I didn't know but I just chose to hug him. "If anything is bothering you or if you need a listening ear and some pieces of advice, you know I'm here for you. Anytime, everytime." He whispered in my ears, soothingly. I smiled as I just rested my head on his warm chest.

"KIDS! TIME FOR DINNER!" Mum shouted from the kitchen, making us break away from our comfy hugging session. Great time mum, great time. Thanks a lot. (Sarcasm)

"Let's go. You must be hungry." Daehyun smiled as he grabbed my hand. "Anyway, I'm sorry I've not been visiting you the past few days. I was totally busy and I had some family issues to deal with. I hope you're not angry about that."

I squeezed his hand in mine, "It's okay, Daehyun. I understand. You have things to do, and it's fine with me. Don't worry too much about it." He gave me a warm smile before we entered the dining room.

*THE NEXT DAY*

I woke up in the morning and got myself ready.

[MY OUTFIT]

[MY HAIR]

Finally reached my destination. I swung open the door and found Himchan sleeping soundly. Aigoo this guy, why is he always sleeping? Beside him was Dr Lee, who was standing by the machine with his clipboard, checking Himchan's status.

"Good morning, Dr Lee." I greeted as I closed the door behind me.

"Oh," He turned around and smiled once he saw me. "Good morning, Jaehee-shi. It's nice to see you here."

"How is his condition today?" I asked. "Hmm, pretty good. His condition is slowly improving, thankfully." He smiled and wrote something down on his clipboard.

"Does he always sleep all the time?" I questioned as I placed my handbag on the side table. Dr Lee nodded, "He's only awake when you're here."

I raised an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

Dr Lee nodded again, "He's sleeping, most of the time. When his family comes to visit him, he'll be sleeping. And if they wakes him up, he'll just say he's tired and he sleeps back. But when you're here, he's up and about." He chuckled.

That bad? Himchan-ah... Why are you acting like a five year old kid, for goodness sake! Aigoo... I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, I'm glad you've decided to help us with this. Thank you so much." Dr Lee said.

"I just want him to recover quickly, that's all." I forced out a smile.

"Thank you, once again." Dr Lee smiled before making his way out of the room, leaving Himchan and I alone.

I stared at the sleeping Himchan. "Why do you happen to only remember the part where we were dating? Why can't you remember the part where you cheated on me and we immediately broke up? Why, Himchan, why? Why must you make my life so hard right now? I'm getting married soon, you know. Please recover by then, Himchan, please. Don't be such a baby, please." I didn't realise what I was doing but I was actually holding onto his hand.

"Jaehee? Why are you crying?" I jumped in my seat and looked up.

"You're awake?" I voiced out. Himchan nodded. He looked at my hand who was holding onto his, which made my eyes turned wide as I quickly took my hands away.

"Baby, why are you crying?" Himchan looked at me straight in the eyes. "Baby?" He asked again but I just kept quiet. He reached out and wiped my tears away gently. "Don't cry okay, promise me. Why are you even crying, Jaehee? I'm not gonna die." He chuckled.

I forced out a smile. "I-i wasn't."

He rolled his eyes, "Then what? Your eyes suddenly decided to give your cheeks some shower?"

I unintentionally laughed at his stupid joke.

"That's more like it." He smiled. "You know what? You should smile and laugh more, baby. You look prettier that way."

I smiled, "Himchan-ah... Can I tell you something?"

Himchan nodded curiously. "We..." I couldn't even complete my sentence, not knowing what to expect in return.

"We... what?" Himchan asked.

"Can you just stop calling me baby?" I snapped. I didn't meant it in a harsh way though but he looked disappointment. "But why can't I?" He frowned.

"Because... b-because... we... are not toge-"

"I'M HUNGRY, JAEHEE!" Himchan shouted, interrupting my sentence.

"But I've got something to tell you."

"Save it for later. I'm hungry right now. Can you help me call the nurse? I want food. Now." He said like a little baby.

I frowned and just did as to what he told me to. I wasn't even able to finish off my sentence. Aigoo.

I watched as Himchan ate his food and just listened to him as he spoke and spoke about our times together. Surprisingly, he remembered it all even more detailed as I do. Gosh. How am I supposed to tell him now? He'll be very upset. Suddenly,

"BEEP BEEP BEEP..." Himchan's phone rang. "Yoboseyo?" He answered the call.

"Oh? You're on your way?"

"Nah, it's okay, I've eaten. Thanks, bro." I watched as he talked to the person on the other line.

"No, I'm alone now." Alone? Then what am I? A freaking wall?

"Yeah. Take your time." He nodded.

"Okay, bye. See you." He threw his phone at the table and looked at me. "You have to go, now."

"But why? I just came here!" I protested.

"My brother is on his way here now. You should go." He slightly pushed me away.

"Okay okay, I'll leave. Don't have to push me." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my handbag.

"You'll come tomorrow, right?" He asked. "No promises." I said.

Just as I was about to bid goodbye, Himchan pulled my hand and grabbed my shoulders before planting a kiss on my lips. My eyes enlarged. I pulled back and stared at him, who was smiling away. "Now you can go." He smiled happily.

"You did not just do that!" I shouted.

"Shhh, don't let anyone hear you. Now go!" He pointed towards the door. Suddenly, his phone rang again.

"Yoboseyo?" Himchan answered.

"No thanks, I'm good." He signalled me to the door, but I refused to leave after I get to say what I wanted to say.

"Okay okay bye!" He hung up and shouted, "GO! My brother is just downstairs at the lobby!"

"Don't you ever kiss me like that again, Kim Himchan!" I exclaimed.

"Why? Don't you like it?" He asked, looking confused.

"No, I don't. Isn't it obvious? I wanted to you something just now and here's the time to say it. We both are no longer a-"

"CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE?!" Himchan shouted, interrupting my important statement once again.

"FINE! If that's what you want." I rolled my eyes and pulled the door open and slammed it shut back. The moment I turned around, some of the nurses were looking at me in shock. "Mianhe..." I bowed, apologising.

(HIMCHAN POV)

Jaehee slammed the door before she left. Aigoo, that girl has got some anger issues nowadays. I just don't want my brother to find out about us, yet. It's not the right time. One minute later, the door swung open. Without looking at whoever was it, "CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE NOW! SERIOUSLY!" I shouted. And the moment I looked up, it was my brother who looked really shock. I thought that was Jaehee who opened the door. My bad.

"Oh? It's you?" I exclaimed.

"Hyung, it's me. Why are you asking me to leave?" My little brother frowned. He walked over to me and placed some food on the side table. "I bought you some food eventhough you didn't asked for it. You must be really hungry and I know that hospital food doesn't taste nice, right?" He chuckled.

I forced out a smile, "Thanks, bro."

"Anyway, I've been dying to tell you something!" He said with an eager smile as he sat down on the chair, next to me.

"What is it?" I looked at him, curious to know.

"I... am... getting... married!" He shouted.

My eyes went wide, "What? For real? My baby brother is getting married before me?"

He chuckled, "Sorry hyung, for cutting the line." He punched me on my shoulder.

I laughed, "It's okay. No worries. I'm happy for you, bro." I smiled.

"Please recover soon alright? I want you to be there on my wedding day." He frowned.

"I will! Of course I will!" I exclaimed. "Anyway,"

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Congratulations on finding your Mrs Right, Jung Daehyun."