Help

Where were you?

Daehyun took me to his car, yes, his car, out of all places. He held onto my right arm gently all the way from the dining room till his car and he even opened the car door to the passenger seat for me. He then walked briskly to the other side and comfortably sat next to me in the driver's seat.

He let out a small breath and cleared his throat. "I've actually admired you even before meeting you in person today."

His words got me confused there since we have not met before. I pinched my eyebrows, "What do you mean? We just met today."

"Your dad sent me your photographs last week and to be honest, you look more beautiful in person." He shared.

"What? He sent you my photographs?" I looked pissed.

"Yeah." He replied as I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. "Look, I know you're feeling down and all but you're not the only one feeling that way. I do too. And it's not fair if you're gonna treat me like this when you don't even give me the chance to show you my real self and how I can take care of you. So please, don't try to ignore my presense. To tell you the truth, what you did back there in the dining room, totally hurt my feelings."

"And why is that so?" I questioned him, still not looking at him eventhough he's got his whole body facing mine.

"Because no girl ever did that to me. Girls would normally want to talk to me." He stated proudly.

I was taken aback with his words. What the hell is wrong with this guy? And he thinks every girl is the same? I scoffed sarcastically, "Not me then."

He let out a loud sigh as he leaned back on his seat but still his head was facing me. "Seriously? Now you wanna start an argument with me? If you think by arguing with me and telling your parents that we don't get along will make you get out from this unarranged marriage then think again, because it won't. We're gonna get married and that's final." He bluntly said.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with this guy? Why does he want to marry me so badly? Why is he agreeing with all this messed up plan? What is he up to?! Okay, eventhough he's extremely good-looking and handsome but I'm not dying to get married with him! I still have feelings you know, I'm a freaking human! He's a total stranger! COME ON!

"I repeat, it's not fair if you're gonna treat me like this and don't try to ignore my presence because I hate it when people do that to me." He slightly raised his voice, making me flinch a little and moving slightly away from him. He realised my actions and he cleared his throat, "Sorry. I'm sorry I raised my voice at you, Jaehee. I didn't mean it. It's just that, I really don't like it when someone does that to me, especially if that someone is gonna be a part of my life forever."

There was an awkward silence filling the air before he continued. "Now that I have told you my dislikes, how about you tell me yours? You know, this is like a get-to-know-each-other session." He chuckled slightly, trying to end the awkwardness. "Jaehee-ssi... come on... open up and tell me. It's alright. I'll listen, no worries."

I turned to face him and gave him a pissed look on my face and bluntly said, "I hate it when someone, especially a stranger, raises their voice at me like as if they've got every right on me but no, hell no, they don't. They clearly don't." I stared him in the eyes before leaving his car and slamming the car door shut, making my way towards the dining room afterwards. I heard his car door shut as well and I knew he was right behind me somewhere. I didn't even bother about him and I just made my way to the dining room.

The moment I stepped in the dining room, all eyes were on me and they smiled sheepishly. I immediately sat back down on my spot and gulped down my drink. Daehyun entered afterwards and sat back down on his chair and continued eating as if nothing happened. I slammed my cup down on the table and just stared at my unfinished plate.

"Jaehee. Apologise for your rudeness." Dad commanded. "Apologise." He repeated but I still ignored. "I said apologise!"

I bit my lower lip and I felt my face burning red due to the frustration. I turned to face my dad, "I had enough of people raising their voice at me. Because firstly, I am not a little girl anymore. I'm already twenty-one years old. And secondly, I know what to do and what not to do so please, don't talk to me like that in front of outsiders." I slammed my hands on the table while getting up from my chair and making my way towards my room.

I grabbed everything that I needed and stormed out of my room, making my way to my car. Once I walked out from the front door, I saw Mr and Mrs Jung entering their car while Daehyun entered his, as my parents waved and bowed at them. The moment I appeared, all of them stared at me.

"Jaehee-ah!" My dad shouted but I just ignored him and continued storming to my car. I blocked out everything, even my mum who was calling out to me. I pressed the button on my car key and entered my car and slot the key in. I immediately locked my car doors since my parents was chasing after me. I quickly stepped on the gear, making a sharp turn and left my house. I didn't know where I was heading but I just drove at a high speed on the road at night.

After driving aimlessly for an hour, I came to stop at the quiet and lonely beach. I stepped out from my car and locked it as I made my way towards the sand area.

The sound of the waves made me feel peaceful suddenly, making me forget what I was going through for a moment there. I walked slowly and breathed in the fresh scent of fresh beach air. I closed my eyes and I felt the cold strong wind blow my thick hair away from my face. It's been a long time since I felt this good. After everything that happened today, I really needed this. The wind, the waves, the soft sand, the lonely and empty beach, the stars above, it all felt peaceful.

When suddenly a strong hand hugged my waist from behind. I jumped on my feet and pushed the person away. I looked back and saw a drunked man. I covered my nose with my finger as I don't really favor the alcoholic smell lingering. "Come... to... me..." The drunk man said as he clumsily made his way towards me. I stumbled as I tried to move backwards away from him as I shouted "Go away!"

"It's been long since I've had some fun, babe." He burped.

"Go away!" I accidentally fell on the sand as I lost my balance and the man dived down to hug me tightly which he sucessfully managed to. "GO... AWAY!" I choked on my own words as he was hugging me too tightly as I struggled to escape from him. I closed my eyes tightly and tried my very best to push him aside but he was just too strong. "GO AWAY YOU IDIOT!" The man pushed my shoulders down and started kissing my neck. I tried pushing him off but he was too strong, very strong indeed. "HELP!" I shouted.

I suddenly felt the man's weight being lifted off and I heard a punch. I opened my eyes and saw another guy punching the drunk man, making him stumble before falling down on the sand. The guy ran to the drunk man anGd gave him another hard punch, making the drunk man faint. "Don't ever touch her."

That voice. It was so damn familiar.