Chapter 5: big mistake 

Regret Nothing

 

 

It’s Wednesday morning. I skipped school yesterday and I think I can handle this today. I got up from my bed and preparing for school. I directly went to the car without having my breakfast; I told my lil sis that I had to come school early today. 

At school, pairs of eyes were attached towards my direction. They pitied me, like a lost puppy or something. I hated it; didn’t they realize their stare could kill me mentally and emotionally? I tried to ignore it until I bumped into someone’s back. My brain didn’t coordinate well today, so I have to bump with this giant figure in front of me. As soon as I look up, I realize who’s that. I said my sorry and I tried to run as fast as I can to my class to avoid him. But it’s too late, he grab my wrist and forced me to look at him in the eye.

“Where were you yesterday? Why aren’t you replying any of my text? Why are you not answering my call? Why are you trying to avoid me??”

He asked me with so many questions as if he still cared for me… 

“None of your damn business” I answered coldly 

“Of course it’s, you’re my girlfriend remember?” 

“I thought we were just friend and nothing more, why you acting suddenly like you care kris?”

“I care for you because I love you Carly. How can you say that we’re just friend?”

“If you love me you wouldn’t do that.”

“Do what? I don’t understand.”

“Stop your damn act, don't play dumb with me!” I said it with so much anger in my eyes and walk away from him. A tear escapes from my eye no matter how hard I tried to hold it. I can’t cry now, I had to be strong. 

 

It’s break time; I sat with the girls and the 11 boys. Including Kris, this time Tao sat beside me and Kris on the other corner of the table.  

“You still not ok with Kris?” Tao asked

“No, did he asked about it to you?” 

“Yes, and I showed him the picture, he was acting like he knew it already” Tao answer me.

“What? Why is he acted like that?” I was flabbergasted 'did he really do it on purpose ?' my thought..

 

So school is over, it’s go home time. I was waiting for my car at the front gate. This time I have 2 bodyguards and my girls is going home with me because we have some boring group project. My parents set me with extra bodyguard due to the Kris problem, they don’t want see me hurt or something. Even though my parents like Kris so much. 

Speaking of the devil, Kris ran towards me at the front gate. The bodyguard tried to guard me, but I told them that it’s fine. I want to talk to him for a sec, so they gave me some privacy. Even though Kris hurt me so much, I still love him. How stupid it sounded right now… 

“I know why you mad at me, but I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you; I was drunk and stupid enough to kiss that girl. Carly I’m sorry, you now that I only love you right?”

“Isn’t a bit too late to say that? You hurt me so bad you know. I think we should end this. Judging from your reaction, you did all of it on purpose didn't you?” I said in while handing him the box he gave me the other day. 

“What are you talking about? I’m sorry alright, I really am. And have you opened it? It’s yours, you don’t have to give it back to me.” Kris said I softly with his husky voice

“Please just leave me alone alright, there’s nothing between us now. You cheated on me, and I hate you for that, sooo.. goodbye kris"

I said it and left him there, I got into my car. I know the last sentence is so cliché, but I have nothing in mind.

 

The car drove away from the school. I saw him still standing there without moving an inch. Ohmygod, what have I done? I totally ended our relationship, was it a right decision or a big mistake? I still love him, but I need to move on now. Apparently he doesn’t love me as much as I love him. And actually, I haven’t opened the box since the day he gave me that.