Chapter Four

Under the Moonlight

“Hey, Sehun,” Tao placed his hand over his.  “How are you, baby?  I miss you, and I love you.  I’m just so scared without you.  But at the same time, I’m glad that my life was taken and not yours.  You just need to wake up.”  Tears started to stream down his cheeks; however he smiled and kissed his forehead.  “Please wake up.” 

---

There he was, lying on the hospital bed, hooked up to a bunch of different machines.  He looked so peaceful, as if he were in a deep sleep, and the innocence that he reflected would have made Luhan smile. 

But instead it made him fall to his knees and break down. 

The sound of his broken cries caused Tao to turn around.  When he saw his best friend on the ground weeping, he was more than surprised.  He was actually a bit happy to see Luhan. 

“Luhan-ge!” he exclaimed.  He ran to the other and threw his arms around him.  Though he knew that Luhan wouldn’t be able to feel his embrace, it was comforting for Tao to see his best friend again. 

“Oh, no, Sehun,” Luhan just sobbed.  When he regained enough energy, he stood and walked over to the bed. 

Tao watched Luhan’s actions carefully, analyzing the way Luhan gazed at Sehun. 

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered, grabbing his hand and giving it a light squeeze.  He sort of flinched at the sight of his bruised and scarred face.  “We just lost Tao.  Our beautiful, wonderful, amazing, perfect Tao.  You can’t go, too.”  He sniffed, crying hysterically.  “Your family needs you,” he whispered.  “I need you.” 

Tao gasped. 

“What is it?”  Kris’s face suddenly appeared right in front of Tao’s.  It was a bit creepy, actually. 

“Holy what the man?!”  Tao’s cusses came out in a jumbled mass.  He held his hand over his racing heart. 

Kris chuckled.  “Oops, sorry.” 

Tao just rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to his best friend.  Luhan continued to cry, kissing Sehun’s hand gently every now and then. 

The panda-like boy turned to Kris wide-eyed as realization started to sink in. 

“What is it, Tao?” the taller asked, concerned. 

“H-he loves him,” Tao whispered. 

“What?” 

“Luhan-ge…”  Tao’s eyes widened even more, “is in love with Sehun.” 

“Oh.”  Kris turned and watched Luhan, nodding in agreement.  “I guess he does.” 

Tao just turned to his best friend and his boyfriend, staring at them.  He didn’t know what to feel, what to think.  Questions ran through his head at the speed of light. 

How long has Luhan loved Sehun?  Why didn’t he tell me?  Why didn’t I notice it?  Does this make me a bad friend? 

Kris rubbed Tao’s back comfortingly.  He could sense the stress radiating off the other, and it sort of upset him as well.  Tao unconsciously leaned in to his touch. 

“What are you thinking?” Kris whispered, putting his arm around the younger. 

Tao’s eyes welled.  “I’m thinking about what I don’t know.  Like, how long has he loved Sehun?  And if it was for a long time, then I guess I feel like a bad friend for not knowing my own best friend’s feelings.  It must have hurt him a lot to see Sehun and me together.  I just…I feel really horrible that I haven’t realized it at all.” 

“Don’t worry, Tao,” Kris sighed, pulling the younger closer.  “Maybe…maybe they were just really close friends?” 

“They weren’t that close,” the other pouted.  “Not that I know of, anyway.  And Luhan is like my brother.  I can read him like a book, as he does with me.”  He looked at Kris, “I’ve never seen him look at someone like the way he looked at Sehun just now,” then turned back to Luhan, “He’s in love with him.” 

Kris turned to Tao and admired how beautiful he was.  But the sad expression he wore wasn’t right, and it made Kris’s heart ache for an unknown reason.  Before he knew it, he was leaning in to the younger slowly, and…

Tao froze as he felt a pair of lips softly brush against the side of his head. 

“It’ll be okay,” Kris whispered.

Tao decided to ignore his sudden, quickening heartbeat. 

---

Darkness. 

That was all Sehun could see.  It was endless and inescapable. 

He didn’t know how long he stayed in the everlasting darkness, but it felt like an eternity.  All he wanted to do was get away from it and see the light again. 

Sometimes he would hear voices, but they were too far away for him to comprehend what they were saying. 

However, sometimes it was very clear.  And then he would forget everything that they were saying after. 

Sehun remembered the same two voices every once in a while; the voice of a man and a woman.  They sounded so familiar, yet he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. 

Every time he heard them, they sounded sad.  Sehun tried to figure out why, but he couldn’t comprehend anything they were saying.  He desperately wanted them to be happy, and it frustrated him that he couldn’t do anything. 

Come to think of it, Sehun could sort of remember what they were saying now. 

 They would talk about a boy, he thinks…? 

Tom?  Or was it Todd?  Travis?  Taylor? 

If Sehun were awake, he would have gasped. 

Tao…

Suddenly, vivid memories of the crash played in front of him.  It was as if it was a movie screen showing right in front of him; the movie screen of his boyfriend and his lives both fading away.  He tried to scream, but he couldn’t. 

He needed to know if Tao was okay.  The accident looked really serious, and he needed to know if his boyfriend was safe. 

But wait. 

If he could see only darkness, and feel absolutely nothing, then what was that supposed to mean? 

Am I…dead? 

He panicked.  He couldn’t be dead.  Tao needed him; his family needed him.  He didn’t want anyone to be upset because he had died.  Sehun just wasn’t ready to die yet.  This wasn’t his time to go yet, especially not to some stupid drunk driver. 

And then he heard it.  That beautiful, angelic voice.  Softly calling his name. 

“Sehun-ah,” the voice had whispered, followed by another jumble of words that he couldn’t seem to understand. 

Sehun assumed that the voice must have been an angel, there to guide him to the other side.  He knew he was dead then. 

“Wait,” he wanted to say, “I’m not ready to go yet.  Please, give me another chance at life.  Send me back.” 

And then he realized that the angel was using the same broken tone as the other two voices. 

Why is the angel sad?  Angels aren’t supposed to be sad…are they? 

Unless that meant that Sehun was going to Hell.  But he couldn’t think of any reason to be sent there. 

The sobs of the angel continued, and Sehun wanted nothing more than to comfort him. 

A few moments later, still listening to the heartbreaking cries of the beautiful angel, he started to feel the agonizing pain.  It spread through his whole body.  The pain was unbearable, which confused him.  If he was dead already, shouldn’t he continue to drown in the emptiness of death? 

Then again, if he was being vanished to Hell, maybe it was supposed to feel like this. 

Maybe he was supposed to suffer. 

But wait, what was that beeping sound in the background?  It was kind of annoying.  Sehun suddenly regained his senses, but it felt like he was being held down by something. 

He could feel himself breathing again.  A wave of relief shot through him. 

I’m still alive. 

Slowly, he opened his eyes and squinted through the bright hospital lights. 

---

 

 

A/N: Writing this story kind of makes me depressed ._.

But that's whatevers. Lol. 

Thanks for reading you guys!  I will try to upload ASAP, especially since OMG I WANT TO GET TO HUNHAN AND TAORIS ALREADY

Please subscribe and comment!  Thankyu!~~