Chapter One

Under the Moonlight

January 16th was such a beautiful day.  Tao remembered it clearly. 

As soon as he woke up, he knew the day would be perfect.  The sky was a wonderful shade of light blue and the sun was shining brightly, as if smiling along with him.  The slight shake of the trees’ leaves indicated a slight breeze, and birds flew around cheerfully. 

Tao remembered all of it.  And he loved how happy the day seemed, loved how the day seemed as perfect as it was last year, when he and Oh Sehun officially became a couple. 

A year ago they were both seniors, and although they barely spoke a word to each other, Tao had a huge crush on the latter.  Unfortunately for him, they had no classes together, so Tao tried to make the most of seeing him in the hallways and hearing his voice when he was laughing with his friends. 

During the last week of high school, Tao finally gathered up the courage to confess.  And, to his complete surprise, Sehun accepted his feelings and they went on a date.  Two weeks later, on January 16th, Sehun asked him to be his boyfriend.  

Tao was thrilled. 

The last week of high school was the happiest week in school he’d ever spent in his entire life, and before he knew it, summer break flew by and they found themselves entering hand-in-hand to Seoul University together for their first day in college. 

They were satisfied with not having to separate after their high school years ended, and so excited to be attending college together. 

And now, on their one year anniversary, Tao didn’t see how his life could be any better.  He had good grades, an amazing boyfriend, and even managed to become close friends with some of his classmates. 

Thankfully their anniversary fell on a Saturday, so they had the whole day to themselves. 

Tao jumped from his bed and into his bathroom quietly (since his lazy roommate Chanyeol was still asleep) and grinned back at his reflection as he brushed his teeth and decided to take a quick shower. 

After he finished, he changed into a black long-sleeved tee and some jeans.  As he was exiting the bathroom, he heard Chanyeol talking tiredly to someone at the door. 

“I think he’s in the bathroom,” Chanyeol yawned.  “But you can come in if you want.” 

“Chanyeol?” Tao called, walking over to the other, peeking over his shoulder.  His face immediately brightened, seeing the face of the one he loved, looking as handsome as ever. 

“Sehun!” Tao smiled, pushing past his roommate. 

“Yah!” Chanyeol complained, irritated.  “If you two are gonna talk and be all lovey-dovey and , please leave now.  Some people still need their sleep.” 

Sehun looked slightly taken aback by the happy virus’s use of language, but Tao just rolled his eyes, grabbing his boyfriend’s hand and squeezing it reassuringly. 

“Don’t worry; Chanyeol’s just not a morning person.” 

“I can see that,” Sehun chuckled.  The couple went outside and closed the door quietly.  “So,” he said happily once they were in the halls, “ready to go?” 

Tao’s heart skipped a beat.  “G-Go?  Where?” 

“It’s our anniversary, silly.  We’re going to spend the whole day together.”  Sehun frowned.  “Don’t tell me you forgot…” 

“No, no, no!” Tao nearly shouted his eyes widening.  “I would never forget, Hunnie.  I just thought that you were taking me out to dinner or something later tonight, that’s all.” 

“Oh.”  The other’s frown was replaced by a cheeky grin.  “It’s fine, babe.  But I just thought that just a dinner wouldn’t be special enough.” 

“Eh?”

“I want it to be much more special than just an anniversary date.  I want it to be memorable.”  He smiled Tao’s favorite smile, causing his heart to race.  “So let’s go.” 

“Of course,” Tao smiled back.  He already knew that this day would be memorable. 

---

And it was. 

It was, Tao had concluded, the best day of his life. 

The couple literally had spent the whole day together.  All morning, they rented bikes and rode around the park leisurely, enjoying the beautiful day.  Around lunchtime, Sehun drove them both to the mall to eat and go shopping.  He bought whatever Tao wanted. 

After lunch, they watched a cute romance film at the mall’s movie theatre and then drove to an ice-skating rink and skated for hours until it was eventually time for their dinner reservations. 

Others would probably be exhausted after a full day like this, but Tao and Sehun never got tired.  They love each other too much to even think about taking a break from any of their activities. 

The restaurant Sehun chose was ‘La Bella Luna’ a small Italian restaurant far from the university.  It had a beautiful view of the full moon and the sapphire blue waters of a beach not too far from the building. 

It was perfect, Tao had decided. 

They finished their delicious meal and dessert, sometimes smiling and laughing and blushing in between bites, and left the restaurant hand-in-hand. 

“Hunnie,” Tao said suddenly, turning to his boyfriend. 

“Yes?” 

“Can we go to the beach before we go back?” 

Sehun beamed.  “You read my mind.” 

The beach was even more beautiful up close than it was from the view the two had while they were eating.  The moon, big, bright, and full, shined over the clear waters.  Few stars twinkled like diamonds in the dark blue sky.  It was even more mesmerizing knowing that they were the only two there, the only two able to enjoy this amazing sight. 

“This is our beach now, Hunnie,” Tao whispered, staring up at the moon. 

Sehun looked at him and smiled, gently turning him so that they were now facing each other.  The moonlight radiated off both their faces. 

Tao’s eyes sparkled.  “Sehun…” 

Their faces inched closer and closer together, until finally, their lips softly touched.  The kiss was sweet and so wonderful it had both of their hearts exploding in happiness. 

This definitely was the best day of Tao’s life. 

---

“Thank you for taking me out, Sehun,” Tao smiled, staring out the window at the beach they were now driving from.  Their beach.  “I had a great time.” 

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.”  Sehun glanced at Tao before turning his attention back to the road.  “Happy anniversary.” 

“Happy anniversary to you, too.  I love you, Sehun.” 

Sehun chuckled.  “I love you too, Tao.” 

No matter how many times he hears that, Tao never gets tired of it.  He never gets used to it either; his heart still races when he hears those words from him. 

“It sure was memorable, like you hoped it would be,” Tao sighed.  “I’m glad.” 

“Did you expect anything less from me?” Sehun asked, sounding playfully offended. 

“Well, yeah,” he laughed in reply.  “Knowing you, you probably would have taken me out to McDonald’s and ordered me chicken nuggets and call that a romantic date.” 

“What?!  That’s mean!” he pouted.  Tao laughed again, about to respond, but something in the distance caught his eye.  He squinted, his smile turning into a frown. 

Were those…headlights?  “S-Sehun?” 

 “What the ?!” Sehun murmured angrily, spotting the driver who, obviously drunk, was driving in the wrong direction, in the wrong lane.  Driving toward them. 

Everything next happened so fast. 

“Sehun-ah!” Tao shouted, panicking as he saw that the driver was speeding closer and closer to them.  “Sehun-ah!” 

Sehun’s heart pounded loudly, scared for his and Tao’s lives, and turned sharply to the left.  He would have successfully avoided the two cars crashing…

The drunk driver finally realized that he would crash into the others, but didn’t process the fact that they had turned left to avoid the crash.  So, in hopes of avoiding it himself, he swerved to his right, colliding into the other car. 

That was the last thing Tao heard. 

---

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry lol I meant to upload the first chapter earlier but my laptop was being stupid xP.

Anyway yeah so I'm not a fan of Taohun sooooo sorry if this . lol, and don't worry TAORIS WILL BE HERE SOON ;D

But excuse any grammar, spelling, punctuation errors and etc cuz I'm just too lazy to reread.

Since it's summer I will try and upload chapters as much as I can.

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED, IT MEANS A LOT! xD Please subscribe and comment what you think! Thankyuuuuu~!