대기

Strong Heart

"So? What're we going to do with her?" Kyungsoo asked aloud as the four of them sat in Sehun's office. Baekhyun shot a glance towards Sehun who sat, cross-legged, stoically. The boy never had any sort of emotion plastered over his face.

"Did you check for any missing person report filed in the last 24 hours?" Junmyeon asked as he drummed his fingers against the arm rest.

"I did. But no, there's no such report for now. At least." the wide eyed boy replied, a relieved sigh escaping his lips. "Since we couldn't get her to speak.. And you—" he pointed at Sehun. "—didn't bother to ask, I ran a facial recognition and found out her bio." he stated as he pressed a button on his keyboard, turning the wall into a projector screen, displaying the girl's details. "Son Areum. Orphan, mother died 8 years ago, bought up by her grandmother in Daegu, who too died 2 years ago. No information given about her father. Studied in SNU through a scholarship, majoring in Entrepreneurship and— “

"Yah! We can read it ourselves." Baekhyun hollered in an annoyed tone, earning a glare from the tech-boy.

"For now, there's been no report whatsoever so we can assume that we're in the clear. It's nothing that we can't handle. Besides, the girl simply doesn't have any next of kin." Junmyeon contributed and the lot nod in agreement. "Unless she has some friends."

"But if she did, I'm sure someone would've noticed by now." Kyungsoo said, flipping through the information displayed before them. "If we're lucky she's a loner who doesn't keep contact with people."

 "Hey!" Baekhyun snapped his fingers. "Open that tab." he jumped up and gestured with his hand.

"What tab?" Kyungsoo stared at him. The two were very close, but they irritated the hell out of each other and often fought, but their friendship was something none of them could understand. Without warning he snatched the remote from Kyungsoo's hands just as the door flung open revealing a breathless Chanyeol with Jongin following from close behind. "Look.." Baekhyun exclaimed ignoring the new presence among them and continued. "She has a boyfriend." he smirked as he displayed Areum's Facebook profile, with the 'in a relationship' status.

"Who has?" Chanyeol piped in as he placed his gun on the counter beside him and popped open a beer can.

"The girl you stupid boys brought in instead of that bastard Jeong's daughter." Baekhyun retorted. Quickly he shook his head and turned to Kyungsoo. "Check up everything about this boyfriend of hers, hack into her account and do something. Tell him she needs a break or is out of town. Anything." snatching the beer can from Chanyeol's hand he plopped on the couch beside Jongin and pat the man's knees.

"Yes, eliminate anything that can draw him or anyone to us." Junmyeon nod his head. "After this mess, we'll have to focus on getting the real Jeong Hyorin." he glanced at the two late comers, earning a bashful look from the sun kissed one. "If we don't. We're going to be in trouble." he explained, as if the others didn't know already.

"No Sherlock." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and moved forward. Standing in front of the screen wall. "I still don't get how we missed it. I had the tracking device on that Jeong Hyorin's phone and saw her every move. Everything was going according to plan. Then how'd..." he paused, scratching his chin with his finger. "How'd Jongin grab the wrong girl? It's impossible." he halted and the rest waited for the brain of the group to find a conclusion to their mysterious failed attempt at kidnapping. "Unless.... The Jeong princess somehow, knew about our plan and switched her phones with the down in the basement."

"She must've known something." Chanyeol nod, chugging the whole of the beer from what was left of it. “The girl down there is the exact same height and body frame, same hair length. They must be up to something."

Sehun paused and remained stoic throughout Baekhyun and Chanyeol's ramblings about the numerous possibilities. "The girl doesn't have anything to do with the Jeong's. I'm certain of it." Junmyeon voiced out Sehun's exact thoughts. "It must've been unintentional. The phone switching, maybe she dropped it or something. From the looks of it, the girl down there... She doesn't know anything."

"Why don't we just ask her?" Kai spoke for the first time and everybody turned to look at him. "After she's done giving us the information. We'll eliminate her as well." he said it as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

Sehun stretched his legs straight and sighed. "Her presence is only going to draw us back from our main motive." he spoke for the first time. "Chanyeol, get rid of her soon after Suho Hyung and I are done interrogating."

"There's isn't the need to kill her." Kyungsoo protested as he closed the projector screen and turned to look at his cold blooded friends. He'd been in this clique for more than 6 years but he'd never been okay with the blood spilling part. "Can't you just let her go? Look, she hasn't done anything wrong. If anything. It was us, we're on the wrong because we made a mistake. Not her."

"She's useless." Jongin gritted through his clenched teeth. Feeling furious at how Kyungsoo accused them of being at fault. "Killing her will end this worthless distraction."

"But it'll solve no solution." Kyungsoo replied turning to look at Sehun, whom he knew was cold, but had a warm heart. "Look, Sehun. I'm pretty sure if you talk some sense into her. She won't utter a word."

"You're suggesting... We let her go after Sehun talks to her?" Jongin snapped glaring at his Hyung. "She's a liability. I don't even know why we're discussing about this petty issue." he shook his head in disbelieve.

"Why don't we just... Kill her?" Chanyeol suggested and Kyungsoo immediately whipped his head towards the boy and pointed a finger at him.

"We wouldn't have had to if you grabbed the right girl, you stupid giant." he said incredulously.

"What did you say you ing dwarf?" Chanyeol stood up, pulling out his gun from his pocket. Noticing the tensed environment, Baekhyun squeezed himself between the two and pushed them away, glancing towards Sehun who rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Sehun!" Baekhyun called for help as the two started struggling against the hold of Junmyeon and Jongin. "Oh Sehun.. Do something."

Without a word, Sehun just walked away from the room, shaking his head at his immature friends. And he was supposed to be the youngest amongst them. How ironic.

"Maybe I should just finish off with her." he muttered quietly as he tucked the gun at his back pocket and headed towards the basement.

 

 

 

Areum paced around the dark room staring at the dim bulb that hung over head, wondering what time of the day it was and how long she'd been here. Thankfully, Sehun had untied the ropes on her wrists and ankles, giving her some freedom. Well, inside the confined walls of the stuffy room at least.

She tried opening the key hole with a bobby pin that she found at the corner of the room, which probably belonged to another female captive before her. In all honesty, she didn't want to know what happened to her.

A sudden ruffling sound at the door sent her backwards and the door flung open, revealing an exhausted looking Sehun with a pack of banana chips in tucked under his arm. Before she knew it, her stomach started grumbling.

With no warning whatsoever, he flung it over to Areum who struggled to catch it. He watched as she tore the wrapper open and dug in, only to sniff it first.

"What's that for?" he found himself asking as he walked forward in long strides, before she could do anything, he snatched the chip and threw it into his mouth, munching on it only to provoke Areum's stomach to roar louder. "If I wanted to kill you, I'd use my gun." he stated blandly as he pat the bulge at the back of his pants where he'd tucked the gun.

 

 

A few minutes later, Sehun found himself demanding Baekhyun to fetch for more food.

He was a cold-heartless man, but he too had ethics, however clichéd that may sound. He wouldn't let someone die hungry.

"I don't know what you're doing Sehun... But I really hope you know it." Baekhyun said as he placed the tray full of delicious dishes and stormed off.

"Eat it." Sehun demanded as he sat, legs crossed. Kicking the tray towards her direction, causing it to create a rough, screeching sound as it slid against the concrete floor.

Areum took a glance at his face to study his expression but found herself staring at him longer than intended. Shaking away the weird thoughts, she sat flat on the ground and tore the chopsticks apart as she dove into the rice bowl. Swallowing small bites. She didn't know what she was doing until she spoke in a rather hoarse voice.

"Please. Eat with me."

Sehun looked unperturbed but deep within, he was confused. Unable to digest what she'd just said. Did she just invite me to eat with her? He thought. He titled his head to find her offering her bowl with her head bent down.

"Sehun-sshi." she whispered loud enough for him to hear as she nudged the bowl forward. "I won't be able to eat all of it." she offered the extra pair of chopsticks with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

Sehun pushed her hand away and sighed. "Finish it soon, so I can finish with you."

Areum let out a tired sigh as she pulled back her hands in defeat. "I was only trying to be nice."

"There's no reason for you to be nice to me."

"I don't really know you but... From what I've seen so far, you don't seem like a bad person." Areum simply supplied, oblivious of the glare Sehun threw towards her. Quickly he kicked the tray with such force that all the utensils went flying against the wall with a loud crash.

"You don't know me." he gritted through his teeth, his hands wrapped around her neck. "You have no idea what I can do to you." he said, leaning forward that their noses almost touched. Suddenly, he pushed her down on the floor with so much force, pinning her wrists above her head as he hovered over her face. "You don't wanna know what I can do to you... Weakling." he snarled as his lips suddenly attacked her neck and she squirmed in discomfort.

"No! G-get off me!" she struggled, trying to pull free but to no avail. She felt his grip tighten around her wrist and she winced in pain. "Please... I-I'm sorry!" she screamed, trying her best to budge him off her thighs, but he was so strong, she only managed to scrape her knees against the floor. "I'm sorry!" her thoughts ran wild, her mind went blank. I'm going to get . Was all that she kept repeating to herself. When suddenly, the against her nape stopped and she opened her eyes to find him looking into her eyes with such dark orbs that she was sure if she looked any further, she'd lose it. She turned away and felt his warm breath kiss her delicate neck, sending shivers to her spine.

"Next time before saying of how nice of a person I am. Just remember of what I'm capable of doing to you." he whispered quietly as shoved her to a side, getting back onto his feet to wipe his lips and walk away, leaving Areum sprawled on the floor with tears flowing endlessly.

 

"The boyfriend lives in Changsha, China. The name’s Zhang Yixing, Chinese descent apparently. Came to Seoul 8 years ago to do MBBS, until he got a job in China last year. Everything has been taken care of. He suspects nothing. Until now. At least. Apparently, they haven't been in contact for over a month." Kyungsoo said as soon as Sehun stepped into his office at the real JJ corp building the next day.

"Good." he sighed. Pulling out the chair and seating himself as he loosened his neck tie.

Adjusting the temperature of the air-con, Kyungsoo stepped closer and took a seat opposite to Sehun as he pushed a pair of keys towards him. "the keys." he said. Referring to the one which locked Areum's door. "I got hold of it before the rest could do anything. They seem keen on finishing her off." he clicked his tongue at the thought of his ruthless friends and gave the younger boy a smile before getting up and handing a file with a label ‘Confidential’. "All that you need is in there. I'll see you later."

Watching his shorter Hyung walk away, Sehun quietly opened the file to find a bio data of Areum with a black and white passport photo attached at the top-right corner of the page.

 

 

Name: Son Areum

Father's name: Kim Changho

Mother's name: Son Taehee

 

 

Skipping the rest of the contents, his eyes landed on something rather bizarre, something he didn't expect. A document released by the Seoul High Court.

 

 

Miss Son Areum is the sole heir to the KC & co. enterprise; a share profit of 30% belongs rightfully to her, along with the 10% share that belongs to her demised mother who, as stated in her will has transferred it to her daughter. The current president of KC & co. enterprise shall have no power or say in the succession of Miss Son. The contract pertains that: if in any case shall Miss Son withdraw (after the age of 18), all the shares and possession will be taken over by the rest of the shareholders in their respective shareholding ratio. If by any unseen circumstances shall Miss Son expire. The contract will be no longer effective and KC & co. enterprise can intervene according to their will.

 

 

"Interesting..." he smirked as he picked up the keys and swirled it around in index finger. Grabbing the phone with his other hand.

"Yes you've reached the JJ corp. Office. This is Mr. Oh's junior assistant, Im Yoona speaking. How may I help you?" the shrill high pitched voice said over the phone causing Sehun to hold the handset further away from his ear, wincing.

"This is Oh Sehun. Get me the line to my father's office right now."

 

 

 

 

"He's asked you to come in." the girl from the phone earlier, said as she opened the door and let Sehun in, slipping herself away soon after. Something which wasn't abnormal, since the matter they were about to discuss was highly confidential.

"Sehun." he heard his father's voice boom from the inner cubicle with sound proof glasses. "Come sit."

Quietly, he made his way towards his father and sat down, passing the file towards his father who raised his eyebrows and eventually, opened it.

"Who is this? You said you had a way to get the KC & co. enterprise.” his father voiced in an irritated tone and Sehun couldn't help bit clench his fist tightly under the table.

"Just read through it, sir." he muttered with clenched teeth.

"I hope this isn't one of your nonsensical tactical plan. I've seen enough of those Sehun. Sanghyun and I have already discussed and we think you should stay out of the business matter and do what you do best, well. At least what you used to be good at." he said, casually, pushing his glasses down to get a better look at what his son had described over the phone as a way to over throw the KC enterprise, their one and only rival company who'd somehow built ties with the North and were posing a big threat to theirs.

"Kim Changho?" Mr. Oh asked in confusion as he flipped the page over and found the family contract deals and will stated by Areum's mother before she died and the clause that held most of her possessions she'd accumulated after her divorce.

"The girl we picked up by mistake." Sehun started, feeling smug with overflowing confidence since he held the only collateral that could possibly end the rival group, forever. "Is Kim Changho's daughter, Son Areum."

"H-how is this possible?" his father exclaimed. He suddenly felt utterly disappointed at himself for not even suspecting that his arch enemy had a daughter.. And a family for that matter. "This is... This is perfect." he bellowed, standing up from his seat to give a long look at the copy of the clause then at his son. "Sehun! This is such a good news!" he laughed, his eyes disappearing into crescents as he came over to his son to give him a hug. "I'm proud of you son." he said as he pat the boy on his back and retrieved immediately to pick up his phone from his coat pocket and punch a number into the touch screen. "I'm going to let your brother hear of this great news." he smiled and turned around, answering with a loud and excited 'hello' that didn't quite suit his image. However, Sehun was over the moon. That one sentence, "I'm proud of you son" kept repeating itself over and over even until he reached the doors of his office and he felt his fists had been long unclenched and his shoulders relax. How long had he wanted to hear those words being said to him instead of his brother? Forever perhaps. And now, he'd heard it. The only appreciation he always earned for, he achieved it. It was the most amazing feeling in the world. Grabbing his jacket, he pulled his phone out from his pocket as he strut of out the building, into his car, phone attached to his ears.

"Get everything ready before I reach." he grinned.

"We can't wait any longer."