찬열

Strong Heart

"!" Chanyeol grunted as he picked up the unconscious, bleeding girl and placed her inside his car. Locking the doors, he quickly ran outside, his gun ready and loaded in his hands.

Minutes after frantically looking around for the attacker, he gave up and quickly ran back to his car, putting it to life and driving it as fast as he could, he couldn't waste anymore time. Right now, his dislike for the girl didn't matter; there indeed was someone who wanted the girl dead as much as he wanted to. And this wasn't good news. Not even to him.

Pressing the speed dial on his hands off device, he glanced at the girl in the backseat, blood seeping from her coat. "Where the hell are you Sehun?" he grunted, slamming his fist on the steering wheel. Just what the hell was he doing leaving her alone. He thought, his mind going blank from not knowing what to do, half his mind taken by the Areum, half by the attacker, another half by Sehun's irrational decision to let the girl wander on her own. What the hell is wrong with you Sehun?

 

 

 

 

"Where the has she disappeared off to again?" Sehun  grumbled as he pressed the elevator button, thinking she'd gone back up to his office while waiting.

Realizing that she now had a phone, he quickly dialled the number only to hear it convert to voice message even after 7 tries.

"Did you see Areum come up here?" he asked the Janitor who shook his head. "About 5'3", long Auburn hair, pale. Wearing a blue dress? White coat?" he added, earning another shake of the head. "No?"

He smacked his lips together into a thin line and headed down the hallway, scrolling through his recent calls to give another call to Areum, when he found Chanyeol's missed calls. Groaning in frustration from the worries Areum gave him, he dialled his Hyung, pressing the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, Hyung I'm busy—"

"Oh Sehun, Where the are you?" Chanyeol bellowed through the phone, as it is, his normal speaking voice was loud, his yelling voice was deafening.

"Christ! Lower your volume." Sehun  complained, rubbing his ear drums as he put the phone away from his ears and attached it again few seconds later.

"—Right now!" he heard Chanyeol yell again, missing the earlier part of the sentence.

"What?" he asked in annoyance, sliding into his car seat.

"I'm at the Holy Angels hospital with Areum." he said, much calmer than before. "She was attacked."

 

 

 

 

"What happened?" Sehun panted as he reached the hospital's emergency room to find a pale looking Areum being transferred on a stretcher with Chanyeol talking to one of the doctors.

"Thank you." Chanyeol bowed politely as he pulled his dongsaeng away and slung an arm over his equally tall friend. "Don't create a scene." he muttered softly. Dragging his Dongsaeng away from the prying eyes of the patients and their families in the energy room, they turned around the corner into the VIP waiting room.

"Is she alright?" Sehun asked, glancing at his Hyung who now sat down, his elbows resting on his knees. While the other just stood there restlessly. "How'd you find her?"

"I was just exiting the office when she came running to me and collapsed. I don't know what happened." Chanyeol explained. "I searched the area. Didn't find anyone suspicious."

"God!" Sehun shut his eyes close and buried his face into his hands. "I left her there. At the parking lot." he shook his in disbelief. "I went to drop Jiah home."

"Hold up!" Chanyeol lifted a finger in the air and snorted. "Jiah Noona you mean?" he laughed. Stretching his hand behind his head. "What were you doing with her anyway?" only Chanyeol in his right mind could laugh during a situation like this. "I thought she was in Macau."

"I asked her to take care of the wedding preparations with Areum." he lazily removed his jacket and flung it over to the empty seat beside him. "She's the only one I can trust her with."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes without Sehun's notice but nonetheless, still voiced his opinion. "Even after what she did?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Sehun stated, causing the elder boy to zip his lips, knowing he'd crossed his limits, again.

The silence was deafening. Their irregular breaths filled the vacant room, sounds of machine beeping from a distance could be heard as clear as their own heart beats. Much to their delight, a staff in blue uniform stepped out. Squinting to take a better look at the two boys sitting silently beside each other.

"Relatives of Miss Son Areum?" the doctor's assistant called out and Sehun sprang up, sprinting through the hallway to the intern, who directed the way to the room where they kept Areum.

"Who might you be to Miss Son?" the senior doctor asked as he removed his spectacles and slipped it into his whites.

Sehun walked over to where Areum lay unconscious. Her face all drained of color, eyes rimmed with dark circles. He'd noticed how she'd gained a little weight over the weeks but despite it all, she seemed more exhausted than ever.

"Her fiance." he said as he slowly pulled down the duvet and carefully took a look at the stiches on her lower abdomen. Judging from the cut, it wasn't done by a professional. It had to be an amateur. "How is she?"

"If the cut had been any deeper, it would've punctured her stomach. Thankfully and luckily, it isn't too deep but she lost a lot of blood." he stated, reaching his hand out to signal the intern to fix the IV drip. "We're giving her 2 units of blood. I will let you know if she needs more." he hung the board to the end of the bed and turned his gaze to Sehun. "Mr...?"

"Sehun, Oh Sehun." Sehun supplied, running his hand through his hair in frustration. If it weren’t for Chanyeol, Areum might’ve bled to death and he would’ve have even known. A train of thoughts ran through his mind when the doctor suddenly clapped.

"Mr. Oh Se— Dear!" he gasped, "You're.. You're the youngest Oh aren't you?" he chuckled nervously, patting his thigh rhythmically. "I didn't know you were engaged." he smiled. "er… Congratulations."

"It's yet to be announced." Sehun sat himself at the edge of the bed, brushing off the hair from Areum's face. Now that the cat is out of the bag, better play along with it. He thought. Gently cupping her hand and kissing it dearly.  "You were saying something doctor?"

"Ah, yes." scratching his wrists he continued. "We haven't given any other anaesthesia. It's the chloroform in her system that's keeping her unconscious." he turned around and abruptly halted. "Oh, and.. Sir, do you want me to call the police? It seems your fiance was attacked, your friend brought her just in time."

"That may be unnecessary. I'll take care of it" he replied, waving the doctor off. "Just one question though." he asked aloud, carefully studying the room, just in case. "When can I take her home?"

"I'll send you the release papers right away." the doctor replied rather too chirpily for Sehun's taste. But then again, who could blame the old man for reacting the way he  did. JJ industries not only manufactured heavy arms but also highly technical medical machines, such like the ones this very hospital used.

The perks of being a Chaebol.

 

 

 

"I've informed Kyungsoo and Baekhyun already. They're on it." Chanyeol said aloud as he watched Sehun pace back and forth impatiently. "Sehun?"

"What?"

"You need to calm down." Chanyeol surprisingly said, standing up to swing an arm over his younger friend. "It wasn't your fault and from my perception. This wasn't a work by a professional, the place was too exposed and the work, Sloppy. I'm betting my money it was supposed to be a run and steal situation."

"I shouldn't have left her alone anyway." he pressed a hand to his temple. "Whoever it was, I don't care. But, she's being targeted for some reason." he shut his eyes in frustration. "I can't think of any reason why."

"Maybe her father being a son of a has something to do with her being wanted by most of the mafias in Korea; South even North and probably even the whole of Asia for that matter." Chanyeol added not helping with the situation. "This is why I told you to not get involved." he shrugged. "But you wouldn't listen."

"It's her father they have a problem with. Not her."

"All the more reason why they'll want her Sehun. Don't you get it? All this..." he drew an imaginary circle in the air. "It's a vicious cycle. There's not end to this. Kim Changho cannot be destroyed."

Ignoring his Hyung's words, Sehun silently walked to the door and opened it wide. "I appreciate your help today, I'll let you know if I need you." turning around swiftly, he grabbed a water bottle and headed to his bedroom. "You can exit from where you entered."

"Well, you're welcome." Shaking his head in disbelief, Chanyeol strut out of the house, not wanting to spend another second of his time under the same roof as Sehun. The boy was a prodigy, but he was also a royal pain in the .

 

 

A loud ear piercing crashing sound caused Sehun to wake up from his deep slumber and sprint all the way to the kitchen to find Areum gripping the kitchen island for support, looking as pale as a sheet.

"What're you doing?" he croaked in a heavy, sleepy voice as he picked up the bowls sprawled all over the floor and put them back into the cupboard. "It's.." he glanced at his watch, squinting his eyes to see clearly. "4 in the morning."

"Then go, sleep. No one asked you to come here." Areum spat back, clutching her stomach with her left hand as she held the counter to help her stand straight.

Ignoring her comment Sehun proceeded to walk towards the fridge and pulled out a water bottle. Seating himself as he watched Areum struggle to move across places in a turtle speed.

"Just order a take out." he suggested, downing his bottle of water and flinging the empty bottle into the bin.

"I don't need your suggestion." she shot back much furiously this time as she grabbed the pan and placed it on the gas.

"Don't be stupid Areum. Just sit down and order something if you're that hungry." he scowled. "You shouldn't be moving around in the state you're in."

"I've been through worse Oh Sehun." she argued, pouring the oil onto the pan. "I don't need your sympathy. I'd rather die then be pitied by you."

"Oh well." Sehun shrugged coolly. If she didn't want to be helped. He wouldn't. "Then I guess... You should be dead by now. You look ing miserable and no, I'm not exaggerating." with the last comment he left the kitchen, leaving Areum to fend for herself, just the way she wanted. If she wanted to show attitude, he'd be pleasured to show her who's the boss. He wasn't feared by people for nothing.

If she was going to be sour about what happened to her, so was he going to be. Nothing would've happened to her if she'd stayed in the parking lot like the way he asked her to. This is what you get for disobeying me. He said to himself as he walked back to his bedroom and dived to the bed. Miserably trying to excuse himself of the guilt brewing inside him, but unable to do so.

Unable to fall asleep anymore, he grabbed his phone from the side table and unlocked it to find 3 missed calls and an unread message. All from the same person.

 

 

Messages        Im Jiah             edit


It was nice seeing you again
after a long time.
I missed you.

 

 

                                                Send
 

 

 

 

Groaning, he flicked the phone away, covering his eyes with his palms. He had so many things to handle at the moment and a flirtatious Jiah was something he didn’t feel like entertaining right now.

Just when he felt himself drift onto his dreamland, he heard a scream.

"Sehun!"

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:
Muahahah! CLIFFHANGER baby!




heyitsme94 here!
ps- Twinkleebee is MIA. xD