강한

Strong Heart

"I don't give a about the illegal affairs you carry out and I don't know how you're going to handle this but Oh Sehun—" Mr. Oh wiped his sweat off his forehead, pointing an accusing finger at his younger son.  "—you better not up." he slammed his fist on the flat surface of the office table, casuing the wood to shake, toppling over the pen stand and all its contents.

Sehun tightly clenched his fist behind his back, almost snapping the keys in his hands into two until his father's spoke up, demanding a reply.

"Am I clear?"

He tried to move his lips, but it wouldn't budge. Why is he so angry at me? He thought. It wasn't like he was the one who made the mistake; it was the team he sent. Yes, of course he was accountable for all that they did, but... Couldn't he cut some slack? It wasn't like this happens everynight. It was the first mistake done by his men and he was sure it would be the last.

"I said, am I clear?" Mr. Oh snarled dangerously, shooting eye daggers at his son.

"Y-yes sir." he seethed, pulling himself back from landing his fist on his father's perfectly sculpted nose.

Never in his entire 24 years has he been appreciated or given credit for the things he did. His brother, Oh Sanghyun always... Always received everything he didn't. He wasn't sure if it was because he was the second born or if this was just the way it's supposed to be. Never in his mind, after racking all the nook and corners of it had he remembered being treated equally with Sanghyun. 

It was true that his brother was the 1st in line to be the heir to their company, that, Sehun didn't mind. Why? Because it was the way business world usually works. But what Sehun does... The illegal works, the underground affairs that were always kept hidden from the media; all the hard bit, he and his team did was something that not even his father and his brother, combined could handle. Didn't he deserve some kind of appreciation and respect?

The kind of violence and blood that takes place could scar ones mind forever, for that one needed to be strong. And only God knows how strong Sehun is. All the rage, the ache made him become the man he is today-

 

Strong.

 

Pulling his phone out from his pocket he exited the JJ Industries building as he approached his black customized W motors lykan hypersport.

As a matter of habit, he checked the rear view mirror to see if any suspicious car stood at his tail. Seeing no such thing, he attached his hands off device to his ear and dialled his assistant.

"Kyungsoo..."

"Ah! S-Sehun—” the ever hardworkingowl-eyed boy stuttered, fear reflecting through his voice. "I-I—"

"Look, I'm heading to the base. Just make sure things don't get out of hand until I get there." he said as he took a sharp left. The traffic rules never mattered to him anyway. "Is the girl awake?"

"No, she's still unconscious. I think. I-I'll send Jongin to check up on her later. W-where're you?" Kyungsoo said over the phone, rustling sounds following soon after.

"Don't let her out of sight. I wouldn't want another problem to handle." Sehun said, almost cutting the line before he heard the tech-boy say in a meek voice.

"I'm sorry Sehun. W-we should've been careful. We—"

"Don't." Sehun shook his head. Although he never really showed much emotion or appreciated his friends vocally.(No wonder his father doesn't. Like they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) The reality was; he did care, deep inside, he just didn't necessarily voice it out. He merely assumed they knew. "You guys did nothing wrong. I'll be there in a minute."

"T-Thank—"

Before the boy could complete his sentence, he cut the line, returning his focus to the road as he swerved through the traffic and found himself evading the jam. 

 

 

 

 

"Yo boss!" a deep contralto voice greeted Sehun as he stepped out of his car. He raised his hand in the air to signal the chirpy resourceful friend, who also was his employee to 'get to work'.

Turning around to meet the owner of the voice, Sehun shrugged out of his Balmain biker jacket and flung it over to the exasperated boy.

"What the hell?" he whined, following the younger boy as they entered the quarters which served as a place to hold their captives. 

"Where'd they keep the girl?" Sehun demanded as he walked through the hallway, which once used to be the old mansion of his great great grandparents. Out of the public's eye and even the police for that matter.

"The far end." Baekhyun said as he pointed towards the direction. "Junmyeon Hyung's in there."

"What?" Sehun spat, halting at his steps to slant a look at the elder yet, shorter boy. "I thought Kyungsoo kept Jongin in charge."

"You don't know?" Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion. "Wha— I thought... Anyway, yeah— he and Chanyeol are headed for Incheon, Mr. Jeong is taking his family to San Leo."

"Italy?" Sehun muttered quietly, trying to register the thought. Maybe the defence minister found out about the attempted kidnap, hence he's trying to escape the fate that awaited him. Like he can. He silently snickered to himself. "Call Jongin. It's too risky. too exposed. Tell him to get back before he does something stupid." he said. "Again." Despite Jongin being the person he was closest to, he couldn't just let him off the hook. For 's sake he grabbed the wrong person instead of the targeted one; a very stupid and unprofessional mistake by someone as experienced as Jongin.

Baekhyun only nodded his head as he slipped his phone from his pocket. He knew better than to annoy Sehun. He’d spent 4 years with the boy and an angry Sehun was someone he’d wished he’d never have to come face to face with anywhere in the near future.

Turning around with the phone attached to his ear, Baekhyun mouthed as he pointed towards the end of the hallway. “I’ll be back”

 Sehun only nodded as he headed towards the room where they held the wrong girl.

As he reached the end, he took a peek from the gap between the door to find Junmyeon sitting beside the tied up girl, scrolling through his phone.

"Mmmhh!" the girl struggled as she tried to free herself, a cloth stuffed into . "Mmhhh!" Junmyeon paid no heed to her struggles as he uninterestedly snapped his fingers towards her and placed it back on top of his mouth. Gesturing her to keep silent.

 

"How long has she been awake?"

 

Junmyeon turned around at the sound of Sehun's voice and stood up immediately almost toppling the chair he sat on. "S-Sehun! I-I didn't see you there." he chuckled as he tucked the phone back to his back pocket. Sehun saw how uncomfortable his Hyung was with the situation; although he had no reason to be. Despite being the youngest in their gang, Sehun had always been given the respect by his Hyungs. "Few minutes, I guess." he shrugged as he answered his question. "Wouldn't shut up." he grimaced. The girl protested again, kicking her tied feet against the concrete floor. "See!" the elder man pointed at the girl with no remorse or pity. Not that Sehun showed any emotions of that sort either.

"Now, keep your mouth shut and look at me.” Sehun said calmly as he crouched down to the ground, grazing his index finger on the dusty floor and reaching out to cup the girl's chin. "Hyung" he jerked his head to the door. "Leave us alone."

"You sure?"

"Close the door as you leave." he waved his hand in the air, not leaving his eyes from the girl.

Son Areum had never seen someone so beautiful in her life, but despite the outwardly appearance, the mere thought of him doing such dirty work disgusted her beyond words. She couldn't remember how she ended up here but she was sure it was all a mistake. Why would anyone want an orphan? There was no one who could pay a ransom for her. There was absolutely nothing interesting about her.

"I'm going to remove the cloth okay?" she heard the pale boy speak, the way he spoke was so mannered and poised, she wondered how a man like this could be responsible for such incredulous acts. She tried to move away from his grasp but failed miserably as he grabbed the back of her neck and pulled the cloth out from and she gasped for air.

Taking deep breaths she didn't bother to wipe the saliva falling from nor the tears that rolled down her dirt stained cheeks. She only wanted to get out of here. "P-pl-please let.. L-let me g-go." she pled as she blinked multiple times to clear her vision, but it wouldn't work. "Pl-please.. I-I don't have any money.. I-I—"

"Where were you yesterday morning?"

Areum looked up to find the boy pulling the metal chair closer to seat himself. He sat down, crossing his arms against his perfectly toned chest. "I-I don't have anything... I-I.. W-what is that y-you want from me?" she screamed in the loudest voice she could muster.

Sehun only shook his head at her, a smile appearing over his thin lips. How dare he smile at my suffering? Areum thought miserably. "What do you want?"

"For you to keep your mouth shut, if you don't want that damned cloth back into your ing throat." he spat and Areum flinched at his tone. She slowly dragged her knees to her chest, earning a satisfied look from Sehun.

"Better." he smiled. "Now, answer my question."

Areum wondered for a second. Why does he want to know? All she remembered was passing by the university library to return the books she rented before her finals when she bumped into a girl around her age. After exchanging short apologies, she walked ahead only to find the girl had dropped her phone, she reached for it but-- the girl was nowhere to be found- which was weird. It was 6 in the morning-- 

A sudden jerk of her neck almost made her heart pound out of her chest as she came directly face to face with the man, who now glared at her with a fistful of her hair in his hand. "Answer me." he seethed. "Did that bastard Jeong send you as a decoy? Are you the distraction? What are you? What is he planning to do?" Sehun suddenly burst into numerous questions, some of which Areum didn't even catch since he said it quickly. He still couldn’t understand how his friends made such a careless mistake such as this one. Never in their 6 years of ‘underground’ business had they ever come across such a situation. They planned every mission with precision, taking care of every little detail. How in the world did they miss this detail? He couldn’t understand.

"What?" she managed to squeak. "Who is Mr. Jeong?" she swallowed hard, the grip on her hair making her lose her cool. She shook out of his grasp and spit at him. Yes. He deserves it. She mentally pat herself. But soon enough, she felt a sharp sting on her right cheek.

"ing !" the voice didn't belong to the one she assumed was Sehun like the man earlier called him but another, deeper tone. "What the do you think you're doing?" her eyes flicked to the person standing between the tall boy and herself and she suddenly felt a jerk on her arm. "I'll ing teach you a lesso—"

"Hyung, let her be." Sehun spoke up, squeezing the elder on his shoulder. "I need to talk to her."

"Sehun, are you an idiot?" he dryly chuckled. "The ing spit on you" he pointed accusing at the said girl, who had no remorse of her act. "I'm going to give her what she trul—"

"Leave."

"What?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows in shock. "Seh—"

"I said leave." he repeated quietly, barely a whisper. "I'll handle it from here. Alright?" he jerked his head towards the door. "Now don't let anyone disturb us." he said and peeled the boy's hand away from Areum for which she was quite thankful.

"Don't you mess up Sehun." Baekhyun said as he closed the door behind him, leaving the two to stand in utter silence only the sounds of their breaths to fill the void.

"So... Now." Sehun spoke up, taking the chair and dragging it across the room only to seat Areum. Only after a bit of a struggle, of course! "You owe me a little thank you missy." he chuckled as he rest his right knee and slowly untied the rope on her ankle.

Areum stared in horror as he resumed the act with the rope on her wrists. "W-why're you doing this?" she mumbled, confused. The boy made no intention to answer her question as he slowly stood up and dust the dirt off his pants. Just as he reached the door and locked it close. He heard a faint voice and he couldn't believe his ears.

"Thank you.. "

 

 

 


 

 

Okay-- Hii Guys! This is my first ever story so I hope it's not that bad. 
I know the story is.... weird. Bear with me please. It'll get better. Promise.