보수

Strong Heart

 

 

 

“I’ve got nothing Sehun.” Kyungsoo shrugged turning around and pointing a thumb at his computer screen. “It belonged to Son Dongmyeon and Son Jiae; Areum’s grandparents. Their senior butler brought it over after the death of Mrs. Son at about 1/4th of its original price. That’s all it says. ” Noticing the frustrated look on his dongsaeng he minimized the screen and swivelled his chair. “Why do you wanna know? Is it relevant to the plan?” It quite baffled Kyungsoo to see Sehun at the base where their underground activities took place since he had many paper works to complete ever since his elder brother Sanghyun eloped and left all his responsibility to him.

Sehun only shook his head as he rest his elbows on his knees. “She went there yesterday.” Rubbing his hands over his face he groaned. “Look everywhere. She wouldn’t just go there unless it was important.” It was out of character for him to go to such extent; trying ways to find out more about her past. Moreover the things she said on the ride back home—

 

 

You’ll hate me if I tell you…
I hate myself for it.

 

 

A smirk crept up the tech-genius’s face as he watched Sehun rubbed his face him frustration. He’d never seen emotion over the poker face of his, even if it was of curiosity; there was still a part of him that was concerned. That itself said many things about him. “If there was something important about the place I’m sure it would’ve popped up on my screen. But it didn’t.” standing up and offering his coffee mug he smiled. “I’m sure she just felt nostalgic. Girls are like that.” Patting the younger boy on his shoulder he left, leaving Sehun alone to dwell in his confused state.

Areum visiting a stranded old mansion wasn’t just random but it sparked suspicion in his mind. Why in the hell would she go to that place, alone? Couldn’t she have asked him to drive her there? Okay, maybe he wouldn’t have if she’d asked but couldn’t she have at least asked Jongin?

“Yo!”

Sehun whipped his head up to find a sweaty looking Jongin poking his head through the door. “What the hell happened to you?” he raised his eyebrows at his friend’s state and hurriedly walked to the door.

“You might wanna see this.” Jongin nod his head towards the exit.

 

 

 

 

“What do we do with this?” Chanyeol asked, his gun attached to the head of the man kneeling with his hands joined before his chest. “He’s proposing some kind of a deal. I think,” he grimaced as he rubbed his ears. “His not so manly cries have jammed my ear drums. Christ!”

Sehun knit his eyebrows together as he bend down, hands on his knees, surveying the man head-to-toe. “What deal are you talking about?”

The man blinked his eyes repeatedly, cowering in fright, expecting Sehun to land his fists on him. “D-don’t h-h-hurt me! Do-don’t. Please!”

“I will if you don’t speak.” Jongin smirked as he placed his palm on the shaking man’s shoulder who in reflex jumped at the touch, afraid of him. “What I did to you earlier was just the . You wouldn’t want to me to really get into it, do you?” he grit through his teeth, grabbing a fistful of the almost balding man. “SPEAK!” he demanded, pushing his head forward so hard that the man fell, face first.

“What’d he say?” Sehun asked tiredly as he turned to look at Chanyeol who seemed busy scratching his unkempt hair.  Being the boss, he rarely had to deal with these stuffs; especially him being a chaebol and a public figure, he had an image to maintain. Showing his face to their captives wasn’t a way to stay low.

“I-I” the man said, trying to get back up on his feet mumbled, spitting out blood as he spoke. “I can get you Mr. J-Jung.” He choked, gasping for air as he coughed up more blood.

“Is that so?” Sehun smiled, gesturing Jongin to move back as the said boy moved forward to land another fist on the man. Offering his hand, he squat down. “But… I can get him myself. What makes your deal so… special?”

The man stared at Sehun’s hand horrified. He thought they would catch his bait and leave him be. “Y-you won’t find him w-without me.” He mumbled shaking his head and glancing at the 3 men present before him. “He’s.. He’s in a hiding.”

“Leave that to us.” Chanyeol stated with his deep-heavy voice. Patting the man on his head, he cooed. “Now you worry about yourself.” Placing the tip of his gun to the man’s temple, he grinned. “Any last words Mister?”

The man trembled, lying flat on the floor as he reached for Sehun’s feet. “D-don’t k-kill me. I-I have children. T-They.. They.. They have no one. P-Please.” He begged shamelessly. “I’ll do an-anything you ask me to. P-please.”

That caught Sehun’s interest and he grinned. “Anything?”

Jongin chuckled knowing exactly what was on his mind. “Boy, you’re in for fun.” He mused as he let himself out of the chamber with a loud ‘Annyeong’.

“What do you have in mind Hyung?” Sehun tapped his chin as if in deep thought. “Do you have any ideas?”

“B’s the best at these.” Chanyeol beamed winking at his dongsaeng. “I’ll give him a call.”

“That’ll be amazing.” Sehun clapped, slowly bending down to help the man up. “Pray.” He said, dusting the man’s suit. “Pray that Hyung’s in a good mood.”

 

 

 

Areum curled herself over the couch, a bowl of ramyeon comfortably lying on her lap as watched the marathon of ‘My love from another star’. Glancing at the clock on the wall, she sighed. “I guess he won’t make it for dinner.” She mumbled to herself out of habit, chugging the whole bottle of Bacchus as she held on to the remote and switched to another channel when an interesting news flashed before the screen and she widened her eyes in horror.

 

“This disturbing footage compilation of Mr. Roh Seungguk, a current member of the National Assembly molesting several of his female co-workers and abusing his wife in a public elevator was sent to the MBC media office today at noon under an anonymous alias.” A middle aged woman announced as the footages played behind her in a rotation. “Mr. Roh was found in his Gangnam apartment later at 2 in the evening and is still held in the police station in Gangnam district. The anonymous tipper is stil—” Feeling her anger rise with the crime level rising in the city, Areum switched the TV off and heaved a long tired sigh.

Just as she got off the couch to wash off the dishes, the front down flung open revealing an exhausted looking Sehun entering with sweat dripping off his forehead as if he’d just run a marathon.

“Are you okay?” Areum couldn’t help but ask as she took a look at his posture. When he made no move to answer she shook her head and simply headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and handed it to Sehun. “Here,”

Sehun slowly opened his eyes and took the glass downing it in one go before he grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. Areum bit her lips as she stared at Sehun, wondering what was really going on in that head of his. He rarely spoke of his feelings, neither did he ever complain about anything.

“Sehun?” she meekly called and the said one hummed without bothering to spare a look at her. She watched him silently as the news about the Congress man played over and over, occupying almost the entire news channels.

Sehun slanted a look at Areum as she took a seat at the other side of the couch and hugged the cushion. “You were saying something,” he mumbled, stretching his feet and rotating his toes. Being on hiatus for almost 2 months now, Sehun had gotten used to just working in the office instead of doing the physical work that he’s more accustomed to.

Areum her lips and swallowed before looking at him and pointing at the TV. “Was it you guys?” she asked, voice incredibly low, as if someone would punish her for speaking loudly. “-the anonymous tippers?”

Sehun passed her a small smirk as he switched the TV off and stretched his arms behind his head. “Had dinner?”

Areum shook her head, realizing he couldn’t see her gesture she stuttered, “N-no,” getting up, she picked up his shoes lying right beside the carpet and tapped his knees. “I was waiting for you.”

Sehun straightened his back and watched as Areum placed his shoes on the rack and headed to the kitchen, preparing the dining table.

I could get used to this. He thought as she moved around the kitchen and placed the dishes on the table.

Maybe I could reward her later. He smirked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

I've been gone for so long, I know. Sorry.
Here's a short chappie for ya'll. Hope ya like it.  (and if you do, please upvote and subscribe.)