02

The Sticky Affection


1tFYSc6.jpg



I will tell you who I am after you passed the quiz.



Junhong frowned, wasn't really expecting that person to reply to his note.



"This ain't be true," he chuckled at his own cluelessness, yet he eventually torned the sticky note apart and replaced it with his own, the new one, to start writing down his answer.



Without him knowing that Hayi was cheesily grinning from behind the bookshelf.



She felt her cheeks heated up when she saw him writing the note with a smile placed by his face, making her heart completely fluttered over his sweetness.



It wasn't that long until he finished his writing and closed the book with a hand before carefully placed it back inside the bookshelf. And by the time he smiled to those lucky book and began walked away from the aisle, Hayi felt her heart almost exploded into a million pieces to know that she was finally able to read his answer. She was so ready to find it out but too nervous to walk on her own feet as well and it was totally embarassing for her.



After a moment of self-talking and mumbling some alien words, she finally took a very long breath and walked into the next aisle, still with her hardly thumping heart inside of her ribcage.



She didn't have to put much effort to find the book though since the moment she got there, the only thing that she could see was only that book. The one and only. And she couldn't hold herself back to not took it right away.



Her eyes became slightly widening as her fingers made their ways to get into the page 27 but as soon as she reached the exact page, her eyes slowly getting smaller as the result of her curling up lips.



I'll make sure to pass it.


Thank you for the formulas.



Oh my God—she squealed inside her lungs, letting out a huge grin on her puffy face before she covered her blushing face with the book.



She was really, really happy.



That she thought her heart would bursted that time.



Even though she knew it was a wrong thing, even though she realized that he wouldn't like it if he found out she was behind all of this—she just wanted to be close to him.



Just this time, she wanted to be a little selfish.





















"So you are going to the library again?" Himchan frowned, looking totally not accepting those fact.



"Yeah," Junhong flashed a smile, collecting all of his stuffs into his black backpack. "I got something to do."



"Seriously? You've been keep going to library everyday after school since week ago! What's going wrong with you?" Himchan unhappily blabbered.



Junhong glanced at him, still with a smile hanging on his face.



"Himchan's right," Jongup appeared from behind the elder. "Let's just go to play. You've been studying hard this week so give it a break before you lose your mind."



Junhong took the bag by his right shoulder after finished the packing and finally facing the two with a raised eyebrow. "Weren't you guys the one that adviced me to do this?"



"Who knows you took it seriously?" Himchan rolled his eyes, vexed up. "Come on, let's have fun. Just for today."



Junhong tilted his head a little, taking some seconds to think about it while Hayi was already gripping on her book in worries.



She didn't want him to go out with his friends—or maybe he could go after replying her note at least. She had been waiting for a night long to get his answer and she didn't want him to ignore it like that. She knew she sound so selfish but—really, she was really confused.



And totally desperate.



"But I have to go to library first," he finally decided, earning annoyed groans from the two before going on, "just a moment. I just have to check on something."




















It was weird for Junhong.



He was only taking it as fun at first but after a while, he began feeling tangled into those mysterious person behind that sticky note. He started to feel impatient to let a day passed, to wait for that person to reply his note. It was weird because he didn't even know who it was, whether it was only a prank or not—or whether it was a girl or a guy instead.



Everything was so bizzare, yet amusing at the same time.



You've been doing your best.


I wish you a good luck.



A smile automatically formed on his face upon he read those note, as warmth slowly filling up his whole heart without him knowing why. After a moment, he took out his sticky notes and glued one into the paper to write up his response since he had already know what would he ask to that person. He really wanted to ask about that since long time ago and he thought it was the right time to do it.



He would find out who it was.



You're a girl, right?





















Hayi's eyebrows were knitted into one when she read the note.



She thought he had already know she was a girl afterall but it turned out that he wasn't sure about it. The thoughts of him replying to her note without even knowing her gender was really funny to her, though, yet she couldn't deny that it did scratch her heart a little.



Do I look like a boy?



She giggled after finished writing the answer, shaking her head a little to chase all of the funny thoughts away before put the book back in the order. She was about to push the book to fit into its space when suddenly, she heard those familliar footsteps were coming closer to where she was.



Her eyes widened in surprisement to hear those person was indeed coming down her way and without thinking twice, she quickly ran to hide on the next aisle and peeked from between the books to see if it was really him or not.



And she couldn't hold her jaw to not to drop as her suspection was proved to be true.



It was indeed Choi Junhong.



Why does he come back?—she asked her ownself, totally panicked inside. Did he see me? What should I do?



Hayi watched him looking around the books, probably trying to find something to be borrowed when suddenly, his eyes stopped at those white covered book that was still stucked hanging in half. She cursed her ownself for several times when he frowned and held out his hand to reach those damn book, keep repeating her praying inward that he would just shrug it off and walked away instead but it didn't happen the way she hoped.



He eventually took the book out, and flipped over the pages to see what happened to his note—that was surprisingly already changed into hers.



And Hayi could easily tell how surprised he was by the way his eyebrows raised up.



He tilted his head back and looked around the empty library, trying to find those mysterious sender yet he gave up right away because he believed she might already left since the library was so silent that time.



Great, Hayi thought.



Now, he would think that she was a ghost and there's no way he would reply to her note again. That was finally the end of her sticky note mission.



Too short to be true.



But, slowly, she watched him torned her note away and put it inside his bag before put the new one into the paper to write up his answer. Her lips parted in disbelief, yet she kept fixing her eyes on him to check on his expression.



He didn't look mad, or scared at all.



His face remained straight, like it wasn't a big deal at all and he didn't take a lot of time to finish his writing. He put the book into the shelf back later, still didn't show any mean expression on his face and left right away after picking up two books to be borrowed.



After a while, she peeked from behind the bookshelf to make sure he was already leave the library before slowly making her way into next aisle. She took out the book quickly, obviously showing that she was really curiosed about what did he write to her yet when she finally read it herself, she felt her heart almost dropped into her stomach.



She ran her hand to cover her lips, totally not expecting him to give her such answer at all.



To give her such hopes towards their nonsense sticky notes friendship.



Next time, please don't hide from me.


You little cheater.