03

The Sticky Affection



zo5t74h.jpg




"The answer is 34,0215. We can solved it from trigonometry way."



It was the very first time where Hayi impressed not by his looks alone but because of his intelligence as well.




And it looked like she was not the only one that's currently hawked in disbelief.



Junhong was being asked by Mr. Kim about their Mathematics problem just a moment ago and when the whole class bursted into laugh at how cruel Mr. Kim's joke was, he suddenly stood up and wrote the solvement on the board without even looking through his notebook which was such one of the seven wonders in the world. Hayi even could see how shocked Mr. Kim was with the way his glasses slipped down his nose bridge.



"Uh-uh—you're right," Mr. Kim gulped, pressing his glasses into the right position back. "But did you just hit your head or whatsoever, seriously?"



Junhong grinned, completely satisfied. "I just burnt all the textbooks and mixed them to my drink."



Some of the students let out an awkward laugh, while Hayi was the only one that cheesily grinning from behind her book.



She was really happy to see his progression after two weeks of his self-teaching with the books he borrowed from library. She already knew he could make it though. He had the potential, and she totally believed it.



But she began wondering whether she had a little part of his progression or not.



"Guess you can passed the quiz if you continue your hard work. Remember it's just two weeks to go," Mr. Kim said, hanging a high expectation on.



Junhong casually shrugged, showing an arrogant attitude while making his way into his desk back, earning laughter from some people around him while Hayi was still staring at him from her table, still feeling so happy inward at the same time as well. She couldn't wait until she got into the library and read his note and tell him how proud she was to see his fast progression. She was literally excited.



Too excited, she admits—that she could feel her heart beating loudly inside her chest.




















I solved a problem in front of the class.


Did you see me?




Hayi pursed her lips into a line, trying her best to didn't pull out a huge grin on her face.



Of course she saw it. She always watched him to begin with. She always did. But never did she ever expect him to acknowledge her existence like this—even only through a piece of paper.



After re-reading his handwriting for over ten times, she finally took out her ballpoint and wrote down her response—slowly, with all of her heart. She could clearly feel the way her fingertips slowly getting damped by her cold sweats, the overwhelmed feelings where she literally had no authority to control the smile on her lips and how she knew if no one didn't stop her that time, she would eventually lost her own sane in the end.



But fortunately, there's someone on the next aisle that was kindly waking her up from all her sweet daydreams.



"Junhong is really weird these days," said Himchan to the Jongup that was standing next to him, making Hayi completely turned pale in a second.



After rushing her writing, she quickly squeezed the book into its order back before getting ready to leave, didn't want them to find her there even though there's no way they knew about the sticky note's matter. She just felt the sudden urge to leave, without knowing why.



"Ah—you mean, his regular visit to this library?" Jongup asked, wanting to make things clear.



Hayi bit her lower lip upon they gave her another reason to quickly leave the scene. They'd better not to find her there or else they might think she was his secret fans which was somehow true in fact. It would ruin everything, and she didn't want it to be happen.



"And those book. I saw him writing something on that book here. I swear he was smiling really wide that time," Himchan added, forcing Hayi to stay for a little while there. She just wanted to hear more about Junhong—moreover about his response towards her sticky note.



"What book?" Jongup frowned, totally lost.



Himchan shrugged. He didn't seem to have any idea as well and it made Hayi got a bit relieved somehow. "But I don't think that's such a good thing."



Hayi raised her eyebrows, at the same time Jongup looked at Himchan with his clueless gaze. Both of them were trying to figure out his clothed intention when finally, without someone's asking, he replied it by his own.



"I'm afraid he puts too much expectation to this useless stuff."






















I did.


I always look at you.




Bad. Too bad.



Junhong never expect he would turn to be so excited just to receive those anonymous note since he only took those thing as a joke before. He thought it might be fun—some sort of entertainment in the middle of his study time, but it completely drove him crazy for every single note that he received by each day. He didn't understand what kind of feeling that he had, though. He only knew that he was really, really happy everytime he saw that he got a reply.



Which was a little weird if he really think about it.



But he couldn't play this kind of game for any longer.



He had to find her out—he was totally being impatient just to imagine it.



She already made him curiosed and confused like this and there's no way for her to turn back after everything that she has did. In fact, he wouldn't let her go away that easily. No matter what.



He even didn't mind about their agreement before when he finally ran the tip of his ballpoint against the paper, writing down everything that he had inside. He wanted to see her. So bad.



And a little part of him hopefully wished that she would feel the same way.




I want to see you too.


Would you allow me to look at you?

























Hayi should have stuttered a lot and grinning so wide to read those sweet note, probably squealing inside her head and blushed her cheeks to death—if only she didn't hear Himchan and Jongup's talks the day before.



She really wanted to meet him too. She really wanted to prove that she was indeed being true with all that she wrote and she wanted him to know how much she liked him ever since years ago. She really wanted him to know her feelings.



But now, she realized that she had been full of herself since the beginning.



She didn't even think that he might be disappointed upon finding out that she was the one behind all of this sticky note idea and she didn't even think how difficult his position would be if he wanted to end their "relationship" so bad but afraid if it would hurt her instead. She was being too selfish, to only think about her own happiness and didn't seem to realize who she really was.



All that she could see was a fat, unattractive girl standing in front of her when she looked at her own reflection in the mirror that night.



Her dark brown hair was looking so dry and coarse—not to mention that it was completely losing the original shape already, her cheeks were so puffy that it made her look like having some donuts inside , her belly fat that was obviously stucking out of her jeans which was such a total turn-off she believed and don't forget both of her short legs that didn't even help but to make her appearance becoming much worsen that what she could think before.



She wasn't average at all.



She was way below average.



And she knew she would never look good enough to be suitable with someone like Choi Junhong.



A popular, good-looking boy like him deserved a prettier girl than her.



And she believed she could never be one of the girls that he would ever consider on his list.



Throwing herself into the bed, she stared at her room's ceiling with hopeless stare—finally knowing where her actual position was.



Himchan was right.



Junhong shouldn't have wasted his time for such an ugly girl like her.



There's a ton of pretty girls out there that were willing to be his date and how shameless she was to chime in between those line. She didn't deserve him. He was too far above her level and she had to wake up already.



She had to face the reality.



Even though it still hurted her so much that she couldn't hold back the tears anymore.



It's okay. It's okay to cry—she told herself inward, over and over again.



She didn't mind to cry her eyes out up until the morning, even until she got tired and sleep with the tears being dried on her cheeks. She didn't mind at all.



The only thing that she mind was, as soon as she arrived at the school tomorrow, she had to stop all of the nonsense sticky note conversation between them.



She had to stop everything and pretend nothing was ever happened before.



And she still had to remain invisible to his eyes for the last months of their high school days.