-

Love is Easy (discontinued)

Kris

I'm preparing for our first official date. I want to make it memorable and special, he's my first crush after all. I wore a dark blue sweater and my favourite pair of skinny jeans. I put on some bead bracelets on my wrist. Lastly, I put on my red leather Chuck Taylor and headed to Tao's.

The view in front of me is stunning. Tao was wearing a loose gray skull printed shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. I saw a few stud earrings on both, left and right ears. He faked a cough, snapping me to reality. I wonder how long I've been staring at him. I grinned as I rubbed my nape sheepishly. I helped him to carry the picnic basket and led him to our ride for tonight.

"You ready?" I asked Tao, who is sitting next to me. He looked nervous, "Please tell me you have your driver license?" 

I chuckled, Is this what he's nervous for?, "Yes Tao, I have my driver license." Tao looked tense, still. 

As I started the engine,"I won't let anything happen to you Tao and just so you know, I'm a man of my word." Tao blushed, oh, can't he be anymore adorable?

The ride didn't take long as I estimated, probably 30 minutes from downtown but it definitely worth it. I took a glance at Tao who is sleeping soundly in his seat. 

"Tao, we're here." I shook him softly and he opened his eyes groggily. "Hm?"

"We're here." 

Both of us get out of the car, Tao instantly hooked his arm with mine as he scans our surrounding,"Dark.."he mumbled and furrowed his eyebrows , "What is this place, Kris?"

"My sacred place." I chuckled as I grabbed a torchlight from the picnic basket. I switched on the light, a smile curved on my face and I tugged on his hand, "Come on." 

 

 

Forest

"Not so fast Kris!" Tao whined as he can't catch up with Kris pace. Curse that long limbs of Kris's. He suddenly stopped causing Tao to crash with his back,"Wha-"

"We're here." Kris whispered. 

Tao took in his surrounding. All he can say is- breathtaking. There are yellow-greenish light around them. Fireflies.

This is Tao's first time watching live preview of fireflies and the fact that there are big trees around them adding somekind of romantic/ mysterious/ elegance feeling in the situation. Besides, it is full moon that night. Everything is in place. Perfect.

"Beautiful huh?", Kris asked, unfolding the blanket on the ground and Tao nodded in response. He pulled Tao to sit with him. Both of them chuckled when Tao fell on Kris. 

"God, you're heavy!" Kris said playfully.

Tao quickly rolled next to him and rolled his eyes,"I'm insulted, should I lose some pounds then?"

"Nahhhh, you're perfect just the way you are." 

Tao pinches Kris's waist,"Cheesy." Kris stucked his tongue at Tao. 

Then, they laid on the blanket properly watching the peaceful night sky, a comfortable silence fall on them. Words aren't needed to express their overload happiness. Just the presence of each other is enough. 

Kris pulled Tao closer and made his arm as Tao's pillow and Tao didn't argue with his action. Kris won't deny the fact that his arm hurt like hell but since it's for Tao. 

He don't mind at all.

 

 

Tao

I'm falling harder and harder as time goes by.

Along our ride, back home, I can't help but think, how long will our relationship last? I know I'm being doubtful, but I think I have all the right to feel insecure. Oh, Kris... What have you done to me?

We've arrived at my stop, thanking Kris for our little date and wishing him a good night, I grabbed the door handle when he held my wrist. 

"I love you, Tao." his voice laced with sincerity, his brown eyes locked with mine and he kissed my right knuckles. 

And just like that, all my doubt slowly vanished in the thin air and at that moment, I vowed to myself that I will put all my trust in this relationship. 

"This is when you have to say, 'I love you too, Kris'." Kris joked, my eyes crinkled as I laughed. 

"Yeah, I love you too, Kris."