Chapter 2

Forgotten love

Getting up for school is hard. I’m too tired and I just want to cry. I hear my sister knocking on the door.

“Hey Jae, are you up?” She asks, opening the door and staring at me wide-eyed.

“Jae you don’t look so good. I’m calling the school, you can stay home. Take some medicine. I’m going to work, see you later.” She says shockingly.

As she closes my door, I fall back onto my bed in a heap. I get comfy and drift into dreamland. Only I can’t forget, because I dream of Chanyeol.

I wake up at the sun streaming through my blinds; it seems the rain has stopped. I crawl out of bed and slip into some jeans and a t-shirt. It’s 1.00 pm and I have no missed calls and no texts, which could only mean one thing; Chanyeol doesn’t even notice that I’m gone. So, Ii decide to play the sick card for a week. Maybe he will notice then.

Chanyeol POV.

Its lunch time and I’m waiting for Krystal. I spot EXO coming towards me and greet Kris.

“It’s been a while Kris, how are you?”  I ask.

“Good, I’ve been good, and you?” He asks, keeping his head down.

I smile and think how I used to be like that when Kai interrupts me.

“Hey have you seen Jae? She’s not been in class and since you’re her best friend, I thought you’d know, it has been a week now you know.”

That’s it… that’s what’s been missing. Jae could be seriously hurt for all I know and I’ve not even noticed that she’s not here. I’m sorry Jae.

I reach into my pocket and take out my phone. After dialling Jae’s number for the tenth time, I decide to give up since there’s no answer. What could be wrong with her?

The sight of Krystal walking into the canteen halts my thoughts.

Jae POV.

Ugh, its Monday again and I still don’t want to face reality and go to school.

My sister barges into my room and glares down at me.

“Listen Jae, I know something it going on and  I know there is a reason that you don’t want to go to school. You either tell me that is wrong, or you go to school right now.”

I look down and decide to go. It’s better than having her pity me.

Getting ready for school, I feel fine. A little scared, but I feel fine. I’ve still not turned my phone off, and I plan to keep it that way.

Walking into school, my hands start to tremble. Since when did I start to feel scared of going to school?  I ask myself. I spot Chanyeol in the distance but don’t bother to shout him over, he looks like he’s having too much fun with Krystal. My face turns into a grimace, but someone blocks my view.

“Jae where have you been?” It’s Lay. “Jeez you look rough.” I hear Sehun snicker. I try to smile but fail. I see Chanyeol coming this way and stare for a second before apologising and walking in the opposite direction.

Kris POV.

Lay just walked over to some girl standing on her own. She looks dead beat and she keeps shaking for some reason.

“Jae where have you been?” I hear him ask.

She doesn’t respond and walks away when she sees someone behind us. It’s Chanyeol with Krystal.

“Hey who were you guys just talking to?” I hear Chanyeol ask.

“Your best friend dummy, Jae.” Lay replies.

I watch as his face turns into a grimace and Krystal pulls him away.

“Jae really has to tell him how she feels.” Suho says.

So Jae likes Chanyeol? I ask myself.

Jae POV.

I walk until my feet hurt. It looks like I’m in the school gardens. I grab my phone out of my bag and switch it on. 10 missed calls from Chanyeol, all on the same day, all in the same hour. Some caring best friend I have here.

I look up to see that EXO are in the gardens too. They’re sitting on the grass, Krystal sitting on Chanyeol’s lap. I remember when that was me.

But there’s someone else sitting with them, is he new? Why didn’t I notice him before?

I hear the bell ringing in the distance signalling that it’s time for class. I’m so glad that Chanyeol isn’t in my class.

“Oh Jae, are you all better now?”  The teacher asks me.

I nod and utter my thanks before walking over to my seat. Only a few people are in class, which means that a lot of people will be shocked when they see me, or maybe they didn’t notice I was gone either.

I lift my head up as I hear a squeaky voice. It’s Krystal.

“Oh my god Jae are you okay?” She shouts. Normally she wouldn’t bother, which only means one thing;  Chanyeol is standing in the doorway. One glance towards the door confirms that.

“I’m fine” I say and try to smile; only it comes out as a grimace.

“Good” She replies, before hugging me and turning to kiss Chanyeol.

I can’t bare the pain so I look towards the window, only to be stared in the face by Tao.

Tao POV.

I watch as Krystal walks over to Jae and asks her if she’s okay… She’s never cared before. That’s when I notice Chanyeol at the door. Man how he’s love struck.

Krystal walks back over to Chanyeol and starts his face off. And I know that Jae must be feeling terrible. First the person she loves tells her that he got a girlfriend, second he forgets all about her. I look at her and our eyes meet. I watch as a single tear falls from her eyes.

She apologises and rubs it away before turning to stare at the board. Thirty minutes pass and she’s not written a single thing down, so I decide to shout over to her,

“Jae, hey Jae.” I whisper.

She’s obviously zoned out as she doesn’t listen and doesn’t even bother to turn towards me.

I grab my phone and text EXO whilst the teacher isn’t looking. They’re all in my class except Chanyeol, who I   won’t send the message to anyway.

Me: Hey guys, we need to do something about Jae. She’s completely zoned out and she’s been so upset lately. Chanyeol’s paying no attention to her and Krystal is making her feel even worse.

I hesitate to send the message, but I end up sending it anyway. I watch EXO and wait for them to read the message. After they all read the message, they all look up at me and nod their heads in agreement.