Chapter 1

Forgotten love

It’s been three years now. Three years of unrequited love. I’m in love with my best friend and he doesn’t even know it.

There he is, Park Chanyeol; my best friend, my first love.

“Jae! Over here!” I hear him shout. That’s my queue to stop daydreaming and snap back into reality.

“Hey, whats up?” I reply, walking over to him.

“I thought you were going crazy for a minute there, I’ve called you about ten times.” He replies. “I’ve got a date tonight and guess what? It’s with Krystal!”

My heart shatters. I forgot about Krystal. She’s been Chanyeol’s crush for a while now.

“Oh.” I reply. “That’s great news” I fake a smile and pat his back. I’d normally hug him but I guess he’ll have Krystal doing that soon enough.

I make up an excuse and say that I have to speak to my math teacher before class, but really, I just can’t stand to hear him talking about Krystal.

Chanyeol POV.

Well Jae said she has something to do, a teacher to see or something. Oh wait, isn’t that Krystal?

“Krystal? Is that you?” I shout.

“Oh hey Channie, how are you?” She shouts back in her adorable voice.

I ask her to walk to class with me and she does.

“Oh, Kris is moving to our school tomorrow.” I speak.

“Oh yeah, I heard he moved back from China a little later than the others.” She replies.

Jae POV.

I walk to math and find Chanyeol sitting in his seat, the only problem is; Krystal is sitting in mine. As I walk towards them, she looks my way.

“Hey Jae, you don’t mind switching seats for today do you?”

“Sure” I reply and walk over to her seat. It’s a good job I got my glasses fixed over the weekend, or else I wouldn’t be able to see.

Class goes by in a blur. I don’t learn anything, I just watch Chanyeol and Krystal flirting nonstop all lesson.

Tick tick tick.

It’s the end of a double math period and I have French class, at least Krystal isn’t in this class. As I walk into the classroom, Chanyeol looks too happy for me to just ignore.

“Hey what are you smiling at idiot?” I ask, giggling to myself.

“Well… It happened! Krystal and I are dating!”

Who knew a sentence as simple as that would turn me completely miserable. I smile and nod, pretending to listen to his explanation.

“What? You’re not happy for me?” he asks, his smile fading.

“No no, I am happy for you Channie.”

I try my best to ignore Chanyeol as the class goes on. As hard as it is, I do it and rush out of the classroom.

My tears don’t stop as I run down the hallway and out of the building. I finally realise that when you care for someone more than they deserve, you get hurt more than you deserve.